Best air pump

fortphoenix

was wondering what option you guys would think would be best and most quiet? I plan on having 8 50gal totes and want to pump around 250-400 gph into each res with 4 stones in each res while keeping noise and electric consumption to a minimum

my question:

should i get 8 4-outlet pumps (254 gph, 8.5W) for each tote? it'd be 68W total. i have a couple 2-oulet ones and they're kinda noisy i used a decibel app on my phone and it said my 2-outlet is 60db but I'm not too sure how accurate it is

or should i get 3 (40w, 753 gph) 12-outlet pond master pumps which would be 120W total with 251/gph per 4 hoses? it'd be twice the electric but they say their pumps are 40 decibels and I've read they're the best out

or if you guys have any other suggestions or know of a more quiet/ecofriendly pump let me know. thanks

or should i get 3 (40w, 753 gph) 12-outlet pond master pumps which would be 120W total with 251/gph per 4 hoses? it’d be twice the electric but they say their pumps are 40 decibels and I’ve read they’re the best out

or if you guys have any other suggestions or know of a more quiet/ecofriendly pump let me know. thanks

This.

Although efficiency may not be the focus of your grow setup, at least insuring your buckets will be bubbling well will be achieved.

V:bongrip:

PS... I farted around with a couple harvests in DWC but the constant humming of these stupid high wattage air pumps really turned me off. I sold the pumps to a fish guy and I run NFT now, it's supposed to be just as good.

EDIT, I mean ebb and flow, not NFT

Best and by that I mean the most quiet for what it puts out that I have found is the GH dual diaphragm 4 outlet.

I have 4 running in a small room and they put out a low pitch hum that is easy for me to live with.

I found the larger pumps I tried to be much louder and the piston ones put out much more heat and I don't have a chiller.

Back
Top Bottom