Best books on growing - Especially outdoor?

bryn

Hey all – this is my first year growing, and I'm learning a ton as I go, but I'd really like to find a good, comprehensive book on growing, cannabis plant biology, etc. I'm growing outdoors, and it seems like a lot of books are indoor/hydro centric... any recommendations for a good starting place, one that would apply well to outdoor cultivation? Thanks!

The question takes me back to buying my first grow book in about 1970. It was a mimeographed collection of about 100 pages with a canary yellow cover called "How to Grow Marijuana Indoors." They kept it under the counter at Seattle's Indoor Sun Shoppe (which is still around after going on half a century).

Anyway, to answer your question, a modern classic is Jorge Cervantes' Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible.

But there is SO much info out there on websites and at YouTube that a book seems almost kind of redundant--except the editorial process might help to remove some of the folklore and outright BS that you find on the Interwebs... ;)

Looks great, thanks! I'll check that one out. Definitely a ton of info out there now (and much easier to access than in 1970! :) ...but sometimes it feels like it's almost tooo much, and yes, hard to tell sometimes what's accurate and what isn't. Sitting down with a good old-fashioned book and reading it straight through feels like a good way to learn things from the ground up, rather than just googling every time I hit on a new question/pest/problem. Thanks for the recommendation!

The question takes me back to buying my first grow book in about 1970. It was a mimeographed collection of about 100 pages with a canary yellow cover called "How to Grow Marijuana Indoors." They kept it under the counter at Seattle's Indoor Sun Shoppe (which is still around after going on half a century).

Anyway, to answer your question, a modern classic is Jorge Cervantes' Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible.

But there is SO much info out there on websites and at YouTube that a book seems almost kind of redundant--except the editorial process might help to remove some of the folklore and outright BS that you find on the Interwebs... ;)

Sitting down with a good old-fashioned book and reading it straight through feels like a good way to learn things from the ground up

Just diving in and doing it is another great way to learn, of course. Eight inexpensive household LED light bulbs in four Y sockets and a couple of gallons of soil or a five gallon hydro bucket in the corner of a room can be a great, inexpensive learning lab for to accompany all the theory...

Back
Top Bottom