Best butter machine

Seed Sower

420 Member
I made butter on the stovetop and my wife really hates the aroma. So now I am looking for a machine that is odorless that will make butter. I've narrowed it down to the ardent fx or the Levo 2.
Any other machines out there that compare to these? Any thoughts or experiences with the 2 brands I mentioned? I've been told magic butter machine doesn't measure up to the levo 2.
Thanks for your input

I made butter on the stovetop and my wife really hates the aroma. So now I am looking for a machine that is odorless that will make butter. I've narrowed it down to the ardent fx or the Levo 2.
Any other machines out there that compare to these? Any thoughts or experiences with the 2 brands I mentioned? I've been told magic butter machine doesn't measure up to the levo 2.
Thanks for your input
Hello @Seed Sower welcome to 420magazine.
I have a magic butter maker but I haven't used it yet and don't know about the others.
@Rexer has used his butter maker maby he can tell us what he thinks.
Stay safe.
Bill

For those that might want a DIY solution, I found that most of the odour takes place in the decarb phase, so I do that outside. For making butter, I use a $20 Moka Pot (stovetop espresso maker) and it works like a charm, no significant odour. Basically, you grind up about 7-10 grams of decarbed bud and put that in the Moka Pot filter section. Put a quarter stick of butter in the bottom and fill to the vent with boiling water. I run mine until it starts to come out in the top, then take it off for a bit so the extraction goes a little longer, then finish the extraction. Don't forget to squeeze out what's in the filter and use what's left in the bottom. Put the mixture in container in the fridge and the butter solidifies on the top. The whole process takes me about 5 minutes and it is dead simple and easy to clean. My current batch a quarter of a brownie is a good place to start.....

I have found both the decarbing and the actual infusing of the butter to be a smelly experience. Luckily for me I don't mind the smell.

I've used the Magic butter machine and have found it works great, and makes great bases for edibles.

But if smell is your concern, I'd consider using an instant pot. I've used it for decarbing (though to be honest, I'm not sure if I've done it correctly as I found it to be weak, but it may be the amounts/materials I used?).
Anyhow, I know many on here have used it for making cooking oils.

I think if you're looking to cut the smells back, that might be the best route (Instant Pot).

Ps- thanks for the tag Bill, made me think on the instant pot for trying it to decarb again.

I prefer to just extract all the oil from the plant with alcohol in an Extractcraft Source Turbo.
That saves as much of the terpenes as possible and creates a nice clean oil.
You can then just add that oil to anything such as butter.
Or make a tincture.

I decarb in a mason jar in the oven at 225⁰, no smell.
Then freeze the decarb in the mason jar, add alcohol, and filter then add that to the extractor, no smell from start to finish

I googled the extractcraft source. Nice looking and expensive however I already do alcohol based oil with my slow cooker outside. Looking more towards butter for edibles that is not smelly or messy. The Levo ii seems like it will accomplish that.

Except this saves 95% of the alcohol, boils the alcohol at 100-105⁰ under vacuum instead of 173⁰. Keeps most of the terpenes.
And no danger of blowing yourself up.

Once the oil is made it can be added to anything you wish and be higher quality.

I got this in December of 2019 , so almost two years and I have run about 30 ounces of prime bud through it making oil.
I am still using the same gallon of Extractahol 200 proof alcohol that I bought 2 years ago for $109.
I think I've got enough to do 3-4 more batches.
So I've saved $100s of dollars in alcohol.

I bought it on sale for $400

So price is not as harsh as it seems.

I don't know anything about the Levo but if it does the same thing as the Extractcraft then yeah it will work great.

I am making a batch of oil right now in fact, zero smell.
Although my wife and I couldn't care less about the smell, in fact we both like it and don't care at all that this way is totally smell free.

I have found that getting rid of the wife to be the easiest solution to properly infused oils and butter. Then I get her back into the kitchen to bake me up something amazing with the butter.

All kidding aside, I would recommend using a potent Peppermint essential oil. Place a few drops on some towels around the kitchen while you're working. It will help dull the senses to aromas.

Also, just use the machine in the garage or even outside if it's that big of a deal.

With the machine I will be able to do everything indoors because it contains the smell. I am curious about which machine is best.
Eventually, I will get the extractcraft source but not until I can afford it.

From what I've been reading, the Levo 2 is the only one that strains automatically. The other ones you still need a cheesecloth or something. That is a definite game changer for me. Think I'm going with this one. Thanks for all the replies

That mason jar that you store your cannabis in is heat proof. Put it in the oven to decarb. Melt butter so when decarb is done you can walk outside open the jar add the butter and close the lid. Put it in a crock pot and add hot water until at the level of the material. High heat (my crock pot does not boil water) for 4 hours. You can then strain thru a metal coffee filter outside. Cover and bring in to refrigerator. If your wife uses the butter tell her the easiest way to no smell is to not make butter. That tends to shut down some of the complaints.

Back
Top Bottom