Best cheap LED for 8x8 grow

piercetdg

420 Member
I know there is some really expensive lights out there but I'm more interested in getting best bang for my buck and I'm prioritizing yield above everything.
I baught a phlizon 900w when I thought I was going to do 1 plant but I think for 8 I'm going to need a lot more fire power.
Now this light is $180 but another light that is $190 is a COB LED on amazon called Hipargero HG800
And I'm wondering if that's a better use of my money.

And how would you set up this grow?
Should I get 2 of these COBs to go with my Phlizon 900w or is there a better COB for the money?
Or are the LEDs like the Phlizon better then the COBs for the money and I'd be better off with 2 more Phlizons 900w?
Will I have enough light or should I actually get a light or 2 more?

Thanks for the help guys!

So you're saying the Mars Hydro 600w is better than both the lights posted above? it's $210 on amazon.ca (canadian).

So you're saying the Mars Hydro 600w is better than both the lights posted above? it's $210 on amazon.ca (canadian).

they'll always say Mars, they are a sponsor of the forum lol. I use Phlizon lights. 3 of them and looking at a pretty awesome first grow.

There aren't really any ''good'' cheap LEDs...

The best bang for your buck is DIY LED or HID ;)

The ones you're looking at are made with old low grade components, and have the same light/heat ratio as HID, at a higher price and they're a lot less reliable than HID.

8x8 is a very big area to light up, and it can't be done with a handful of cheap LED panels, you want at least 4x 600w HID lamps in there, and if you want to use low quality LED you have to have the same actual minimum wattage; 2400w.
Only 8 plants in that area means you'll have to veg for several months to fill it out.

If yield is your top priority, you have to look into the growing method more than anything!

If you grow big plants you get big per plant yield, and a big total yield in that specific grow, but you have to factor in time to see if it's wortwhile - and it isn't!
Growing big plants is NOT cost effective / profitable over time, you have to grow Sea of Green with many small plants from clones with no veg time to beat time and get the highest yield per year.

A small 2x2 tent for mother/clones, and a 4x4 for perpetual flowering that can hold 64 plants in 3L pots that'll be able to yield up to 30g per plant if done right with the right strain, harvest 64x that every 2 months = 11,5 kg per year on less than 2 m2 with 800w ;)

There aren't really any ''good'' cheap LEDs...

The best bang for your buck is DIY LED or HID ;)

The ones you're looking at are made with old low grade components, and have the same light/heat ratio as HID, at a higher price and they're a lot less reliable than HID.

8x8 is a very big area to light up, and it can't be done with a handful of cheap LED panels, you want at least 4x 600w HID lamps in there, and if you want to use low quality LED you have to have the same actual minimum wattage; 2400w.
Only 8 plants in that area means you'll have to veg for several months to fill it out.

If yield is your top priority, you have to look into the growing method more than anything!

If you grow big plants you get big per plant yield, and a big total yield in that specific grow, but you have to factor in time to see if it's wortwhile - and it isn't!
Growing big plants is NOT cost effective / profitable over time, you have to grow Sea of Green with many small plants from clones with no veg time to beat time and get the highest yield per year.

A small 2x2 tent for mother/clones, and a 4x4 for perpetual flowering that can hold 64 plants in 3L pots that'll be able to yield up to 30g per plant if done right with the right strain, harvest 64x that every 2 months = 11,5 kg per year on less than 2 m2 with 800w ;)

64 plants in a 4x4? how does that work? i'm trying to imagine 16x16 pots in a 4x4 and i just can't see it.
3" wide pots or what? lmao

People do it. Small pots, small plants but a ton of em. Turn and burn...

wow, sounds pretty great to me. im such a newb i have 4 plants finishing in 10gal bags lmao. it's too much ffs. if i wasn't so paranoid i'd do the sea of green, but the law says 4 plants per residence. 4 veging at my moms LOL. and 4 budding here. I figured my first grow took forever because i'm new and vegged for about 8 weeks.
I'd like to cut that down to 4 weeks. i'd also like to do a couple mother plants, but since i'm new i feel like i wanna try out a few different breeds first. although buying seeds isn't cheap and mothers babies are free.

Now in the market, especially on ebay and amazon, there are many LED grow lights brand, Since we sell officially ones, maybe not cheap like your budget can go, (the white Mars 300, 600 we don't sell them for years now, only on ebay and amazon); So I might only give you some suggestion:
- Your 8x8 space will need at least 2000w real wattage in total (around 30w/sft); Don't look at the ones the seller advertising(like 1000w, 2000w light ,look at their real wattage); Because they are still using the old technology, those LEDs are not that cost-efficient and can save your energy;
- Check their spectrum, blue and red is mostly important, if you are doing more veg, then choose the more veg ones, if you are looking for flowering more, then choose the ones with red spectrum mores;
- For the ppfd, or par data, I don't think their will use the real ones since they needs to compete with other sellers so they need to exaggerate some. But it will be good if they provide this;
- Warranty, many sellers are from China, so if they have warranty center in your country, that would help you more in future, other than to ship back China for repair.
Hopefully this is helpful for your decision. :green_heart:

wow, sounds pretty great to me. im such a newb i have 4 plants finishing in 10gal bags lmao. it's too much ffs. if i wasn't so paranoid i'd do the sea of green, but the law says 4 plants per residence. 4 veging at my moms LOL. and 4 budding here. I figured my first grow took forever because i'm new and vegged for about 8 weeks.
I'd like to cut that down to 4 weeks. i'd also like to do a couple mother plants, but since i'm new i feel like i wanna try out a few different breeds first. although buying seeds isn't cheap and mothers babies are free.
With your laws I would be fine. Veg 2 plants in 5 gallon containers for 6-8 weeks, cut clones from them a few days before kicking them into flower. If I veg a decent photo plant for 7-8 weeks and dont get 9-12 finished ounces per plant I did something wrong. That's 18-24 ounces cured and dried at harvest and by then your clones are 8 weeks old and u can cut clones from them and flower them. That's 18-24 dry ounces every 8-9 weeks in a never ending circle.
That's exactly what I do here just on a bigger scale.

Now in the market, especially on ebay and amazon, there are many LED grow lights brand, Since we sell officially ones, maybe not cheap like your budget can go, (the white Mars 300, 600 we don't sell them for years now, only on ebay and amazon); So I might only give you some suggestion:
- Your 8x8 space will need at least 2000w real wattage in total (around 30w/sft); Don't look at the ones the seller advertising(like 1000w, 2000w light ,look at their real wattage); Because they are still using the old technology, those LEDs are not that cost-efficient and can save your energy;
- Check their spectrum, blue and red is mostly important, if you are doing more veg, then choose the more veg ones, if you are looking for flowering more, then choose the ones with red spectrum mores;
- For the ppfd, or par data, I don't think their will use the real ones since they needs to compete with other sellers so they need to exaggerate some. But it will be good if they provide this;
- Warranty, many sellers are from China, so if they have warranty center in your country, that would help you more in future, other than to ship back China for repair.
Hopefully this is helpful for your decision. :green_heart:
What's the best mars hydro light for around 200 than? I see on ur site you have a "Mars COB 300w" for 240 and a similiarly priced light SP-200. which one of these 2 lights is better?

What's the best mars hydro light for around 200 than? I see on ur site you have a "Mars COB 300w" for 240 and a similiarly priced light SP-200. which one of these 2 lights is better?
In fact I would go with SP series, they will be more cost efficient. For the COB light, they are using Cree cxb 3590 and other cree osram chips, their cost is more, but the actual wattage is less than the SP light. :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom