MEDIUM: 80% ProMix4 Peat/20% perlite
POT SIZE: 20 gallon
NUTES: FloraMicro 2 part lucas
SUPPLEMENTS: Cal-max, Pro-silicate, Molasses
LIGHT TYPE (veg): 600W MH
LIGHT CYCLE (veg): 18/6
Veg Time: 3 months
LIGHT TYPE (flwr): 600W HPS
LIGHT CYCLE (flwr): 12/12 (11/13 3rd last week 10/14 last 2 weeks)
GROW DIFFICULTY: HARD
AROMA: Nothing like any weed I've smelled before
FLAVOR: Citrus-y but in the orange peel kind of way
SIZE: Obnoxiously large and out of control
YIELD: 18oz
WEED TO SEED: 7 months
EFFECT: Very happy, uplifting, motivating

Review:

This was a great learning experience. I grabbed different kinds of seeds hoping to get a clear, first hand idea of what the differences are between strains. Boy did I get more than I bargained for.

I had popped 5 seeds up front to let these veg, I thought that's what I wanted to do. I had 2 plants survive and I was in no hurry to flower them, I wanted some good sativa bud so I let 'em grow. Well once I had a couple of plants out of the way I figured it was time to put this girl to flower. She'd vegged for 3 months along side an AK I had so I transplanded her into a 20 gallon pot I got an actual tree in and put em in a scrogg together.

Well I was a little concerned up front because she was so much smaller than the AK beside her that was just DYING to grow but I let 'em do their thing. Within a few weeks the SSH had completely taken over my little 3x3x7 tent and was practically shading my ak to death. By the time the AK finished, the SSH was just starting to put on bud. I had been wrangling this girl to keep her shoots curling around inside, below the light but she just kept stretching, up into the light and beyond so I had to start trimming her back.

I came to the conclusion, based on my reading she must be a straight Haze pheno. She was lanky with the hazy leaf shoots poking out all of the terminal buds. Then the buds started growing in and getting big. I thought I was gonna have a 1+ pounder on my hands.

After 3 full months of flowering I wasn't seeing an end in sight. I was watching the trichomes, looking for them to start to turn but I read much later that Sativas don't necessarily tell you when they're done that way. Regardless, I figured I'd start reducing the light time to entice her to finish off. I started to reduce by 1 hour and used some dry KoolBloom to get her to finish. I flushed for the whole final month after that basically and just let her live out another month before finally saying enough's enough and just chopped her.

Sadly I didn't get many end of life pics because the camera went out of commission but she was a beast! Unfortunately, none of the nug was very dense despite being under the brand new 600W HPS. Apparently this is another Haze trait (?) but these nugs were big and airy and looked like something I would have normally made fun of. They were big and airy and NOT particularly frosty.

Smoking it was nothing special. Kinda dry burn feeling in the throat, not particularly tasty as I expect bud to be either. I rolled my first fatty after letting it dry for a week. I burned it almost to myself and when I was done I looked at my wife (who doesn't smoke) and thought "Damn, didn't even get me high". Then all of a sudden I felt this familar, cotton behind the eyes kindof a feeling and I realized that I was high, I was REALLY high, it just wasn't high like I'm used to feeling, this was all in my head. This kinda solidified the "haze" conclusion for me. I LOVE the high I get from this weed and I'm convinced I did a pretty good job in the end, I just wasn't aware of what to expect from this strain and pheno (I think).

In the end, I'd like to try this strain again. I'd like to get see some more of what the genetics can do because I KNOW there are some popular, hybrid pheno's available, I just didn't keep any of them alive.

Pics:
SSH with the AK together
IMG_20160824_014316.jpg

After the AK was removed:
IMG_20160830_181521.jpg

1 big donky dick branch/bud (This actually is from a harvest video, I'll try to rip some more pics from it):
SSH-Harvest.png

CKS Candy Cane Auto Review

STRAIN: Candy Cane Auto
MEDIUM: 50% Coco/50% perlite
POT SIZE: 3 gallon
NUTES: GH FloraMicro 3 part Lucas (really only 2 parts used)
SUPPLEMENTS: Cal-max, Pro-silicate, Molasses
LIGHT TYPE (veg): 600W MH
LIGHT CYCLE (veg): 18/6
LIGHT TYPE (flwr): 400W HPS
LIGHT CYCLE (flwr): 18/6
GROW DIFFICULTY: Easy
AROMA: No idea how to describe, was mixed with many other strains
FLAVOR: Some peppermint after curing, pleasant but not a sweet smoke
SIZE: Around 4' each. Plenty of stretch in them branches
YIELD: ~4oz
WEED TO SEED: 80 Days
EFFECT: Uplifting, motivating.

Review:

This is a big, awesome indica dominant hybrid. I've run 3 of this plant now and they seem fairly uniform as well. All grow well but don't care for a lot of food. Lots of bud sites and lots of interbud leaves. I've found that this strain generally grows fast and big. I've been able to top in a few times without seeming to affect the yield or the plants ability to finish before it dies.

the first pair I grew, I topped one and left the other to just grow. I grew them indoors in the summer and they were expsoed to WAY too much heat and were stressed as a result. The one that I didn't top grew a BIG main cola but it got burned by the light and I clipped the top. This resulted in water being carried up to the wound and ulitimately resulted in budrot in the main cola and so a LOT of bud was discarded. The one that was topped was next to it bud never had any issues except that the 4 main colas on it were long and heavy and unruly and kept falling over onto the other plants so I had to stake 'em up. In the end I had to toss about an oz of top nug but got PLENTY of smoke out of it.

The Candy Cane is presently my favorite strain. It tastes good, it doesn't burn me out (although once down, sleepy time is iminent) and it's very motivating - in that I can puff a joint of this and then go mow the law for a few hours, do some gardening, clean the house etc and it gets done quickly and before I realize I've even started.

Between the 2 that finished, the one with the rot in the top grew such a freaky huge cola, it actually looked like 4x the size of each of the 4 tops in its sister and it also had a lot of VERY red hairs where the topped one didn't go particularly red or hairy at all.

I love the candy cane and can't wait for the 3rd to finish so I can see how she goes without the heat stress or rot.

Pics: topped twice on the left, not topped on the right.
Start of Flowering Nutes:
DSC_042313.JPG

Near the end. The one on the right was foxtailing hard as a result of the heat stress and rot in the top.
DSC_043815.JPG

Hello Everyone,

Crop King here.

We are glad that many joined in the fun.

I just want to clarify that we did this contest so that everyone can have fun and of course we can give away some give aways as a way of saying "we are glad that you are being a loyal customer to Crop King Seeds". This thread is open to whoever can post here.

If you are a real grower and a real customer, then you are who we want to post here. If you are just someone trying to win some seeds, then you are welcome to post here but you won't win for sure because we will know if you are fake or not.

BUT, (i'm using capital letters for the but because I want it clear) even those who haven't grown Crop King can win free seeds but not this one. We will have more contests in the future where everyone can join.

We want to be clear that the deadline for the contest was December 31, 2016. Those who entered after that are disqualified but anyone is welcome to submit there reviews (not for contest).

Contest Winners will be announced after a few minutes. Happy New Year!

Peace! Namaste!

Winner Announcement!

Here are our contest winners!

1st Place - Igronao - You win 30 seeds (3 strains X 10 seeds each of your choice)
2nd Place - Old School 64 - 20 seeds (2 strains X 10 seeds each of your choice)
- Golfer420 - 20 seeds (2 strains X 10 seeds each of your choice)
3rd Place - Schtiggy - 10 seeds (1 strain of your choice)
Consolation Winner- GrowtoHealMe - 5 seeds (1 strain of your choice)

Send me a private message with your shipping address and we'll ship it ASAP.

Stay tuned for more. By the way, we have launched new strains namely:

Durban Poison Feminized
Sour Jack Feminized
Cali OG Kush Feminized
White Widow Autoflowering

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE NEW STRAINS
. Order now and use promo code 420MAG-10 for a 10% discount.
We have full stock of all our strains for 2017 so feel free to order now.

By the way, don't emails direct to Crop King's website. Send the message here in my forum handle. Just click on my username and send the message.

Please also include a proof that you are a customer like order # if you bought it from our website or receipt/packaging (pix) if you bought it from a store in Canada.

Thanks

Congrats to everyone!!

Crop King you rock!!

I've grown your white cookies (all 10 popped) I'm currently growing your white widow (all 5 popped) and just started 10 of your green crack and again all 10 popped. Amazing job with the way you produce, handle and store your seeds. You have a customer for life! Peace!!

:rofl::passitleft:

Let's start accepting our faults. Let's start making friends and become one as a family because we all talk about the same language here "marijuana language".

Crop King wishes to see positives after this post as we are too tired of the negativities. Let's not make this forum unhealthy. Let's make our 2017 a peaceful year!

Back
Top Bottom