Best fairly rare hybrid strain?

andIhalped

Lots of common hybrids—blue dream is everywhere. But there’s great ones that are seldom encountered.

Here’s one of mine: Lime Warp It’s cross of Las Vegas Purple Kush & Neville's Haze. I’ve only seen it in one dispensary & it comes their companion grow op.

Really nice stony balanced high. Great for daytime. Nice lift without clouding the head.

So what seldom seen hybrid do you find remarkable?

Where I live people rarely refer to weed by their strain names.

The strain im growing must be reasonably rare. Mangolicious - its a (big bud x white widow) x african sativa. I only say rare as when I search this site I cant find anyone else growing it.

Amazing mango smell when green. gets a woody / tropical smell once cured. spicy skunk on exhale.

Starts off energetic and talkative but turns to couch stone after 45-60mins

Here’s another: Hog x Jack the Ripper. An amigo crossed these & I grew it from a clone he gave me. Easy grower with a nice yield.

But it’s stone is what’s exceptional. Hits immediately with a strong indica buzz, followed by a trippy sativa high & very punchy on both counts. Everyone who’s tried it has raved about it.

Never seen this hybrid anywhere & wish to heck I’d cloned mine—my amigo moved, so I know of nowhere to source it for another grow. Great enough that I’ve thought about growing the lineage strains to breed a cross.

If anyone knows where I can source seeds for this hybrid, please let me know!

Where I live people rarely refer to weed by their strain names.

The strain im growing must be reasonably rare. Mangolicious - its a (big bud x white widow) x african sativa. I only say rare as when I search this site I cant find anyone else growing it.

Amazing mango smell when green. gets a woody / tropical smell once cured. spicy skunk on exhale.

Starts off energetic and talkative but turns to couch stone after 45-60mins
Yep, I've never heard of that one, but it sounds great!

Here’s another: Hog x Jack the Ripper. An amigo crossed these & I grew it from a clone he gave me. Easy grower with a nice yield.

But it’s stone is what’s exceptional. Hits immediately with a strong indica buzz, followed by a trippy sativa high & very punchy on both counts. Everyone who’s tried it has raved about it.

Never seen this hybrid anywhere & wish to heck I’d cloned mine—my amigo moved, so I know of nowhere to source it for another grow. Great enough that I’ve thought about growing the lineage strains to breed a cross.

If anyone knows where I can source seeds for this hybrid, please let me know!
I believe ive smoked this shatter in vegas man, i think they called it boss hog or close to that. Was def some of the best oil ive tried. Sadly the only way to get those seeds is buy from the specific dispensary and hope you get a seed or 2 mixed in your bag.

You find more and more hybrids no one knows about these days. Some are spectacular but most won't even be memorable. There are a couple breeders out there like Bodhi that put out lots of hybrids. It sounds kind of like willy nilly breeding. Mostly it just seems that way. As what they do is planned out. They really only work with a couple certain strains and cross them to quality clones. They won't get the notoriety of the big boy breeders. There are still putting out some very special strains. Most of these are only single batch runs. Never enough seeds for them to get really famous. Because of this a lot of those seeds will grown out and renamed. Another reason for so many unknown names. People are renaming strains all the time. That or renaming a certain pheno because it had special flavor or smell.

You find more and more hybrids no one knows about these days. Some are spectacular but most won't even be memorable. There are a couple breeders out there like Bodhi that put out lots of hybrids. It sounds kind of like willy nilly breeding. Mostly it just seems that way. As what they do is planned out. They really only work with a couple certain strains and cross them to quality clones. They won't get the notoriety of the big boy breeders. There are still putting out some very special strains. Most of these are only single batch runs. Never enough seeds for them to get really famous. Because of this a lot of those seeds will grown out and renamed. Another reason for so many unknown names. People are renaming strains all the time. That or renaming a certain pheno because it had special flavor or smell.
Largely agree. A lot of the hybrids are just silly & nothing special. But some are wonderful. Although Blue Dream is super common, it's still a fine strain, though. & there are some other great ones, some of which are fairly rare, which is the point of the thread.

True. And in reality though all of these special names is just some marketing ploy to get more business. You have some crazy stuff like alaskan thunder fuck or green crack or snoop dog master kush people are gonna want it. I wish they just sold strains by their origin of country with the strains from the country having specific names. It would make things alot more legit. Ancestry.com for cannabis? I should totally do ittt. Probs been done idk :ganjamon::rollit::passitleft:

Hard to do that anymore. So few have any real origins left. In some they still keep some origins in the name. They just use the White, Blue, or Dream part of the names to show that those genetics are in there.
Always going to be wild names, and those chosen just for the intrigue the name imply's. They are doing DNA now in some places. In time this will be the norm and things will either get better or worse. I have a great "Putin's Crack". Intriguing name? Check. Origins? Check No one has any idea what it is? Check.
Pretty simple. AK-47 x Green Crack. The Green Crack was supposed to lighten the high of the AK-47. Didn't work. It got stronger. Some pheno's have a incredibly dank smell that can take over the whole grow. = Putins Crack.

Largely agree. A lot of the hybrids are just silly & nothing special. But some are wonderful. Although Blue Dream is super common, it's still a fine strain, though. & there are some other great ones, some of which are fairly rare, which is the point of the thread.

Didn't mean to take this thread some place it wasn't meant to be. You are right about those great ones. They are one of the reasons we are getting so many great strains out there now. Whats different today is clones from those special strains and plants are going far and wide. They travel much farther and faster then they did before. Breeders are sharing more genetics then they have before. Hopefully those rare cuts don't stay rare for long.

Another sensational one: Snow Leopard Indica dominant cross of Snow lotus x Tigermelon (I’ve smoked the former, but never heard of the latter). Got it during my last trip to Portland.

Grown by Fire Flower PDX. Super flavorful with a very strong buzz. THC=29%, but while strong, it’s got no couch lock, so it works for me. Nice daytime indica, super relaxing, great body buzz.

Also the frostiest bud I’ve seen come out of a dispensary, it just glitters.

It’s probably not just the strain, everything about the bud indicates that the grower, Fire Flower, is at the top of their game.

About the best dispensary bud I’ve ever had. Color me impressed.

I’ll be getting more on my next trip. I hope.

Hard to do that anymore. So few have any real origins left. In some they still keep some origins in the name. They just use the White, Blue, or Dream part of the names to show that those genetics are in there.
Always going to be wild names, and those chosen just for the intrigue the name imply's. They are doing DNA now in some places. In time this will be the norm and things will either get better or worse. I have a great "Putin's Crack". Intriguing name? Check. Origins? Check No one has any idea what it is? Check.
Pretty simple. AK-47 x Green Crack. The Green Crack was supposed to lighten the high of the AK-47. Didn't work. It got stronger. Some pheno's have a incredibly dank smell that can take over the whole grow. = Putins Crack.
Wouldnt be that hard if countries legalized or if there were reputable seed dealers in each area, which im sure there are, just need contacts and sources. I use to love watching strain hunters, something i always wished i could do. And open a legit seed market. No company out there does it this way. So hopefully itll be in the future. Where are they doing dna testing. Never heard of anyone doing it this way..

Another sensational one: Snow Leopard Indica dominant cross of Snow lotus x Tigermelon (I’ve smoked the former, but never heard of the latter). Got it during my last trip to Portland.

Grown by Fire Flower PDX. Super flavorful with a very strong buzz. THC=29%, but while strong, it’s got no couch lock, so it works for me. Nice daytime indica, super relaxing, great body buzz.

It’s probably not just the strain, everything about the bud indicates that the grower, Fire Flower, is at the top of their game.

That pic makes my mouth water haha.

I had recently had the pleasure of trying a rarish strain called Y griega by medical seeds. Amnesia haze crossed with Kali mist. The bud was at a insane 32 percent and almost a pure sativa. Gives you such a potent psychedelic pain relieving high. One of the best smokes ive ever had. I'm going to get seeds eventually and do a journal with them.

I had recently had the pleasure of trying a rarish strain called Y griega by medical seeds. Amnesia haze crossed with Kali mist. The bud was at a insane 32 percent and almost a pure sativa. Gives you such a potent psychedelic pain relieving high. One of the best smokes ive ever had. I'm going to get seeds eventually and do a journal with them.
Sounds like a nice one. Great lineage that's up my sativa-loving alley.

That strain seems to mainly be in Canada, but I'm going to try to keep my eye out for it.

I got 3 freebie seeds about 2 years ago from a UK seedshop when I bought a pack of Crystal Cookies (V1), which on its own is a very nice and pretty uncommon strain, but there might be a few packs around still :)

So back to the freebies, the bag said: (Mendo Kush x Cookies & Cream) x Do-si-do.
No breeder name or any other information, just that name handwritten on the bag.

I popped one of the seeds and got a lanky cookie plant sparsely covered with small, hard and insanely frosty buds.
It was a very powerful full body indica melt with a strong but pleasant head high, that had a deep low key earthy cookie/cake flavour.
Recently popped the last 2 seeds and will definitely take clones, very excited to see how these plants behave :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom