Best hempy medium?

Hhaz

4th grow. Have had great results with coco in air pots and decided to try hempys but made a rookie mistake and transplanted a 1L coco airpot into a 14L perlite hempy and the root growth seems incredibly slow.

Rookie mistake up potting way too big and they are all droopy and over watered.

Would a coco hempy work better and any other tips for a coco hempy?

I've stopped feeding the roots atm and been foliar spraying with rhizotonic hopefully getting the roots going a bit before I next feed.

I went pure perlite this time and have been watering at least once a day. Next time I'm trying coco

100% perlit now but used vermiculite in the past with it

It does take a few days for the transplant roots too hut the resevour. But when it does they will take off

With the Hempy, you have a hole near the bottom to create a reservoir of water, right?

If you can find it at your local hydro store: ReadyGro Aeration Formula. "Coir fiber, perlite, pumice stone, earthworm castings, agrimineral 76 silica clay, sea weed meal, sea weed concentrate, leonardite ore(natural humates), organic compost, trichoderma fungi, mycorrhizae fungi, and organic root innoculants (beneficial microorganisms.)"

If you can find it at your local hydro store: ReadyGro Aeration Formula. "Coir fiber, perlite, pumice stone, earthworm castings, agrimineral 76 silica clay, sea weed meal, sea weed concentrate, leonardite ore(natural humates), organic compost, trichoderma fungi, mycorrhizae fungi, and organic root innoculants (beneficial microorganisms.)"
Do u do Hempy???

That sounds similar to a soil compound

Would that offset the nutes you add??

I am doing my first Hempy run and its going well. I am using aquarium gravel with a 2" coco/perlite cap. I soak my seeds overnight and plant directly into the final container. I have culled 4 males and their root systems have been the healthiest of any of my previous grows. I just keep the coco moist, and when the roots hit the rez, Boom!...
I grow in small containers though, about 40oz. Using maxibloom only, feed pH about 5.5. 12/12 from seed.
Aquarium gravel is very heavy, and I wouldn't use it if I was doing larger than a 1 gallon container.

Back
Top Bottom