Best hydro system

BloodyBonzai

Out of the three which is the best. Please list pros and cons of each if you can.

1) 2x Ebb & Flow
2) Oxyponics Pro single 250+ gal reservoir daisy chained to 45-sites
3) 2x Aerojet Hydroponic System 4 - 8 x 42 Inch Tray

I am very experienced with ebb and flow. I want to make an upgrade, but dont want to waste my money on something that is just as good or barely better with more risk of things going wrong. For example I feel I am losing out on the potential of higher yields due to the elevation of the ebb and flow setup whereas the oxyponics pro is closer to ground level which will allow me to get more height out of my plants, and also provides for a more custom arrangement rather than being restricted to a static setup.

Well what sort of height are you working with? Have you considered SCRog, supercrop, or other tactics to increase yields and better utilize your space?

If you want an upgrade from ebb and flow, I would consider a Gen Hydro NFT setup, which is what I'm running now. Sits low on the ground too.

Or of course the Aeroponics setups will definitely be an upgrade and faster growth. Just more risk involved, however if you're very experienced already I'm sure you would be able to handle it.

Well what sort of height are you working with? Have you considered SCRog, supercrop, or other tactics to increase yields and better utilize your space?

If you want an upgrade from ebb and flow, I would consider a Gen Hydro NFT setup, which is what I'm running now. Sits low on the ground too.

Or of course the Aeroponics setups will definitely be an upgrade and faster growth. Just more risk involved, however if you're very experienced already I'm sure you would be able to handle it.
Without being able to look at those two setups (aeroflo and aerojet) in person, I really cant see what additional risks I will be facing when comparing one over the other. But it seems that the aerojet is the superior of the two.

As far as height I am working with about 7 1/2 feet. I dont have the space in the ebb and flows to do those techniques unless I buy more ebb and flow setups to have fewer plants per setup to allow for more space between the plants. Also, is it possible to do LST with high yielding strains in an aeroflo/aerojet setup. Worried about stems breaking or plants falling over and out of the setup. Also, is the aerojet setup the highest yielding of all grow methods given you have the space and you know what you're doing.

I'd say they both have about the same risks, IMO. Basically one sprays misted solution on the roots, the other is just like a drip style in a way with water recirculating between the res and channels.

I SCRoged with the aeroflo myself in order to help support them.

Most research shows best results with aeroponics. The real risks are if power goes out you're fucked.

Thought that was the case with all indoor setups given it occurs when the lights should be on. Or do you have even less time with that setup for w/e reason. Always good to invest in a UPS and a generator. UPS buys you some time until you start up the generator.

"Douglas Peckenpaugh, in "Hydroponic Solutions: Vol. 1," states that variables such as temperature, the type of aeroponics system used, pump capacity and the size of the root systems affect how often roots should be sprayed or misted. For warm climates, he suggests a spray interval of 15 seconds every three to five minutes, checking to be sure the root systems don't dry out. "The Big Book of Self-Reliant Living, 2nd," advises leaving low-pressure misting nozzles on continuously or timing them to be on for 20 seconds and off for 40 seconds. In actual practice, experimentation needs to be done to determine the best spray interval for the specific system and crop."

I thought it was something like 15min every few hours. If you were to mist constantly you could have problems with the roots. But then again I dont know how credible that info is. I have also read where it is done for 2 sec every 2 min. That is one of the reasons I am hesitant to go into an AeroJet setup since I have found several bits of info and I dont know whats best. Dont want to spend the money just to have it flop one or more times before I figure out the best settings and have it costing me a lot more time, money, and headaches than I anticipated.

Yeah you're right, I'm wrong, my apologies. I believe fogging you can run 24/7, was kinda of putting the two together.

Too much water will intice root rot and pythium.

Here's some reliable info I read before:

"Douglas Peckenpaugh, in "Hydroponic Solutions: Vol. 1," states that variables such as temperature, the type of aeroponics system used, pump capacity and the size of the root systems affect how often roots should be sprayed or misted. For warm climates, he suggests a spray interval of 15 seconds every three to five minutes, checking to be sure the root systems don't dry out. "The Big Book of Self-Reliant Living, 2nd," advises leaving low-pressure misting nozzles on continuously or timing them to be on for 20 seconds and off for 40 seconds. In actual practice, experimentation needs to be done to determine the best spray interval for the specific system and crop."

Also there is a new aeroponics section on the forums, so they linger there and can offer some great insight I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom