Best LED Grow Light for under $1000?

I am trying to figure out why you boys don't listen........odd. Days ago I said the Canadian company Greenlamp.ca has a lifetime warranty and a trade-up program, and that I appreciate that as a customer. I have run my own grows with their units and the performance has been as good as or better than HPS, at half the wattage. I also said they were able to do a trade-up program for me from one of their starter units to a larger mid sized unit, all done courteously.

What I was asking for in my last post was comparisons why no other maker stands behind their product like this company, even if they are site sponsors. The only things I hear are........I love the xxx, or yyy, but still nothing about company warranties or trade-ups. If it's just I love xxx,yyy.........it makes me wary that those people are sponsor biased, rather than consumer/member biased.

Love and Kisses to all,

Gardengrow

I appreciate wanting to know more about the specs, etc, and yes warranty and customer service is important too, but the many, many, many impressive testimonials to the success of the Prow Grow 500 and 400 are something I have a hard time arguing with. I still have a little more research to do, and a little more construction to do on my room, but then I'm pretty sure this is the system I'm going to buy. It'll be a while, but I will let you know how I make out with this once I'm up and running. Thanks for the responses here, they're all helpful.

In all honesty, most of the actual units are comparable in output/LEDs/constant current drivers, etc. The part that makes one vendor/shop different is the customer service and warranty. If and when I deign to purchase another LED, I'll likely go to one of the sponsors here, as I have in the past. Good luck to all pursuing the Path of LED Righteousness.

Peace,

:bongrip: - JZ

FYI, Greenlamp is a re-seller for Eshine systems. Feel free to compare their models/specs/designs/etc. I do not trust any company that will blatantly lie about their product in any way, whether that be saying they use all USA LED's (not possible to get the spectrum they claim to have) or saying they are made in America ( or Canada) and they are really from China.

Don't get me wrong, I think their trade-up policy for customers is great. Likewise, who doesn't love a lifetime warranty ( I only buy craftsman or snap-on hand tools... and I work in a profession that they get worn out regularly). However, this is a really new company and we have all seen a large number of LED companies and re-sellers come and go over the past few years. Hopefully they will be around to honor their lifetime warranty,

G'day Get Vaped,
Whatever you do, do not go to Advancedledlights. In my dealings with them they have been nothing short of snake oil salesmen, and general rogues. Their lights sound superb. I know, I researched heaps before deciding to purchasing from them. Their business practices need a LOT of work. Little of what they claim on their website is accurate. I tried to cancel my order because of ridiculous answers I received to my inquiries. Then it just got worse and worse. Situation still not resolved, and I'm $600 out of pocket. I don't give a shit if they are a sponsor of this site. They are rogues. Pure and simple.

Regards,

Milly C

Complaint is invalid.

As per a request we are advising 420 readers on what really happened on this transaction:

Customer was an international customer which ordered a light from us on April 17th it triggered our "Fraud System" with our merchant processing company, so at this time we have to do an investigation to make sure it is a legitament order. Which took one business day to complete and we confirmed it was a ligitament order and we cleared payment, the payment cleared our Merchant company on end of business day on Friday the 19th. We are closed on Saturday and Sunday and the order went to our shipping department on Monday the 22nd.

Customer emailed us late on Wednesday the April 24th and asked the status of his order and this was the response that the sales manager replied back the next business day April 25th:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry with Advancedledlights, I am glad to help you!

You ordered on the 17th and your payment cleared on the end of business day on the 19th, we are closed on Saturday and Sundays and your order was sent to our shipping department on Monday the 22nd. For International Orders it takes 7 to 14 Business days to arrive after the payment has cleared pending any customs delays, once it has cleared customs then we will have a tracking number to provide you so that you can track your package.

If you need any more information feel free to email me or contact me at the number below.

Thank you,

Customer emailed us back and stated:

G'day Kyle,

I don't understand how an electronic transfer of funds takes 2 days to clear.
As far as I know it is virtually instantaneous. Sadly, I am going to cancel this order (Invoice Number:8235).

And request a full and immediate refund.

Sad Regards

The Sales Manager advised him that the order has already shipped we are waiting on the forwarder to get the tracking number to us to provide to him, however if he still wanted to cancel and issue a refund he would have to follow our returns policy because it had already shipped and he responded and stated:

Hello back,

I'm sorry but that is bullshit! I checked my order status just prior to sending you my 1st. cancellation request,

and it was still 'awaiting fulfillment'. (Please see attached jpg.) Now, you say it has already been shipped, with no notification thereof,
no tracking number has been allocated, no nothing. I have just viewed my order status AGAIN and it is still 'AWAITING Fulfillment'.
As for your returns policy, it states quite clearly, that I can cancel
my order at any time prior to shipping. So, as it has not been shipped, I'm cancelling the order (AGAIN) and I want my money returned now.

"Customer Name Withheld"

As per the term "Waiting Fulfillment" We cannot change over the status until we have a tracking number.
We paid a fee for the shipment to be returned back to us which we normally do not do once it leaves our facility that is it and up to the customer to follow our returns policy, however to make this guy happy we paid the fee to have it returned which we advised him in full of what we were going to try to do and try to stop the shipment and if we could not stop the shipment he was going to refuse the shipment.

Also we issued a FULL REFUND today after we received the package back yesterday. Keep in mind that for a refund after we issue the refund the credit card company can take anywhere from 3 to 7 business days which we do not control it is up to the credit card company to determine this.

Points to remember:
1. We are an honest company and value our customers.
2. We did ship out the product as stated.
3. Went beyond our normal policies and stopped the shipment which is not required by our policies.
4. We have refunded the customer in FULL since he did not receive the package.
5. Note: We always hate to lose a customer and we tried to assure this customer that it had indeed shipped and as soon as we got the tracking number we would get it right over as stated above.

We value all customers and try to make every customer happy as much as we can, we do apologize that this customer did not believe us and wish we did not lose the customer and we wish the customer best of luck in is growing ventures in the future.

Sincerely,

Staff at AdvancedLEDLights.com

In reply with all courtesy to Hosebomber, GreenLamp.ca makes very different lights than Eshine systems, they don't even look anything like Eshine grow lights, are you smoking too much of your garden?...... : )

They also offer very different quality internals and light spectrum, no matter how you look at it, and where the diodes come from, I agree with Jozo-sha, the difference is customer service, warranty, and Trade-Up. To me those are the things that put one company ahead of the others.

Which is my point from weeks ago. Look and learn yourself, but these forums are good for discussing consumer service and not just science.

Take care all,

Gardengrow

I apologize, it is Cidly that is their supplier. I am human and do mix up companies from time to time... While I do agree that warranty and customer service means a great deal, spectrum and system design/development means much more. If the product doesn't produce the results, it's not worth purchasing.

I must say, it is nice to see Advanced finally make an account here.

I do not understand how, me sending you $600.00, for a product you advertise for sale, would
trigger a "Fraud System". Or do all international orders trigger your system as potential frauds?

You sending me a $20.00 discount coupon via email on April 11th 2013, (see excerpt below). This was one of many
daily emails I received urging me to complete my order of the 180watt. Extreme Flower Light I had
originally decided to purchase.

(Enter coupon code 20OFFLED during checkout to receive $20.00 off each item you purchase!)

This coupon had, in reality, expired in March 2010, according to their own checkout page. It rang some loud alarm
bells in my head when I tried to activate it. My subsequent inquiry to Kyle, elicited the response that it was a
'phone order coupon'. (he then offered me a valid coupon).
Why would he send a 'phone order coupon' to an international, online customer, also why did the checkout page say it was
invalid and had expired 3 years ago, and not, 'sorry that is a phone order coupon'.

"Sorry, I digress! Back to my Invalid Complaint"

I received no notification that my item had been shipped on the 22nd, 23rd or the 24th of April. It was only after I
placed the cancellation request on the 24/25th. (After I read the company's cancellation/returns policy).
The first I heard of my unit being shipped was on the 27th April, during a long to and fro of emails from Robert Reynolds
and then Kyle H, they took turns, I'd email Robert, Kyle would reply, I'd reply to Kyle and Robert would reply back, and so forth.
By the way, sending me a refund for a cancelled order, that, to my knowledge, and, at the time of cancellation,
had not been shipped, (hence the escalation in belligerence), is in keeping with your company's cancellation policy,
it does not make you magnanimous, or, keep me happy. It is just a natural progression of a failed business transaction.

(Actually I asked Kyle in an earlier email, if it would be of any benefit to buy 2 x DS100 units instead of the
1 x 200. Still waiting for a reply to that request). Great customer service.

I have purchased a great many items over the internet, and paid for them all via electronic transfer, (debit card),
and the ordered goods have been dispatched the same/next day with tracking numbers attached etc.
And I have never encountered a 2 day clearance delay on any of those purchases. The AdvancedLed company is the first.
Some, (i.e. downloadable products), do not even a minute to finalize.
The first led panel I bought, a GS300Q was dispatched, and in my possession within 5 days of of placing the order.

Milly C

I do not understand how, me sending you $600.00, for a product you advertise for sale, would
trigger a "Fraud System". Or do all international orders trigger your system as potential frauds?

You sending me a $20.00 discount coupon via email on April 11th 2013, (see excerpt below). This was one of many
daily emails I received urging me to complete my order of the 180watt. Extreme Flower Light I had
originally decided to purchase.

(Enter coupon code 20OFFLED during checkout to receive $20.00 off each item you purchase!)

This coupon had, in reality, expired in March 2010, according to their own checkout page. It rang some loud alarm
bells in my head when I tried to activate it. My subsequent inquiry to Kyle, elicited the response that it was a
'phone order coupon'. (he then offered me a valid coupon).
Why would he send a 'phone order coupon' to an international, online customer, also why did the checkout page say it was
invalid and had expired 3 years ago, and not, 'sorry that is a phone order coupon'.

"Sorry, I digress! Back to my Invalid Complaint"

I received no notification that my item had been shipped on the 22nd, 23rd or the 24th of April. It was only after I
placed the cancellation request on the 24/25th. (After I read the company's cancellation/returns policy).
The first I heard of my unit being shipped was on the 27th April, during a long to and fro of emails from Robert Reynolds
and then Kyle H, they took turns, I'd email Robert, Kyle would reply, I'd reply to Kyle and Robert would reply back, and so forth.
By the way, sending me a refund for a cancelled order, that, to my knowledge, and, at the time of cancellation,
had not been shipped, (hence the escalation in belligerence), is in keeping with your company's cancellation policy,
it does not make you magnanimous, or, keep me happy. It is just a natural progression of a failed business transaction.

(Actually I asked Kyle in an earlier email, if it would be of any benefit to buy 2 x DS100 units instead of the
1 x 200. Still waiting for a reply to that request). Great customer service.

I have purchased a great many items over the internet, and paid for them all via electronic transfer, (debit card),
and the ordered goods have been dispatched the same/next day with tracking numbers attached etc.
And I have never encountered a 2 day clearance delay on any of those purchases. The AdvancedLed company is the first.
Some, (i.e. downloadable products), do not even a minute to finalize.
The first led panel I bought, a GS300Q was dispatched, and in my possession within 5 days of of placing the order.

Milly C

As per a request we are advising 420 readers on what really happened on this transaction:

As customer stated that is true we did have a code that had a error when delivered to him, however customer contacted us and advised us of the code issue and right away we gave him a code of SPRING2013 which gave him $34.77 off of his purchase, again we went beyond what we would of had to do and instead of honoring the email and only giving him $20.00 off his purchase we gave him $34.77 off his purchase.

Fraud:
Not all International Orders trigger this, however with any company that sells internationally knows that there is a lot of fraud transactions coming through nowadays that trigger systems possible fraud so therefore to protect the company and the customer we make sure when this happens that we take it seriously and do not cut any corners to insure our protection and the customers protection.

Emails:
We personally checked our emails and have the email that was sent and it stated:

I would recommend if you are using a 2.5' x 3' grow area the DS200 over 2 - DS100's, the 2 - DS100's would cover a 2' x 5' grow area or a 4' x 2.5' grow area and will only sustain 2 plants. The DS200 will give more intensity in a 2.5' x 3' area and will sustain 3 plants. What is your grow area?

This email was sent the same day the response of the coupon code issue, however we again apologize that the email was not received by the customer but this matter was never brought up in any other emails that the customer responded to of not getting this information so we assumed that he got our response on the matter. We are happy to answer any questions that a customer may have to the best of our ability and this was never mentioned that the customer never received the answer to this question.

Shipping:
That is great that the customer was able to get a package within 5 days of his order, I applaude their shipping methods however we cannot guarantee International Shipping within 5 business days. We have 100's of orders that come through our company every week and we have to go in order (Basically first come first serve) and get out orders as fast as we can. International orders take a little bit of extra paperwork and has to go through a different shipping procedure than the normal day to day shipping with printing off the label there are international documents that has to be prepared and that goes through another department within our company which may take an extra business day to get through the system. However please note the customers light had still shipped and actually if there was not going to be any custom delays the customer could of already had is light last Friday/Saturday which is not bad from ordering on the 17th of April and receiving the product on the 26th/27th for an Internationl Order keeping in count that Saturday and Sunday are not business days for our company and nothing gets processed during this time.

Again we tried what we could and went above and beyond from these points:
1. Customer had a issue with a $20.00 coupon code so we gave him a coupon code that gave him a $34.77 off his order.
2. Stayed in communication with this customer advising him of his order, when most companies in the business will not even respond or give him actual information.
3. After shipping the product paid a fee to have the shipment stopped and return back to us which our policies clearly state once it is shipped it is up to the customer at this point, however to clear up the matter we went beyond our policies and was able to stop the shipment and return to our facility.
4. Refund Customer in Full of purchase price.

Again we cannot do any more on this situation and we feel that we have handled this to the best of our ability and provided prompt information everytime that the customer contacted our company. Again we apologize for losing this customer as a customer and wish the very best in his growing future.

Staff at AdvancedLEDLights

Well, I have bought several different sized units from a company in Canada, GreenLamp is the company and they make the DiamondBrites. They have been totally courteous, are the only ones that give a lifetime warranty. Which has to mean they stand by their product.

I have done two grows with their units and had a grow journal started, but 420 removed it because I mentioned which LED light company I use.............which is weird, cause if you read 420girls response on page one of this thread, there is no problem with normal statement of names.

Hi gardengrow,

If you refer to my initial post, yes, I did say names were fine. But I also said links and posting in a way that could considered promotional wasn't allowed. Grow journals showcasing the lights from non-sponsored LED companies are considered promotional because the company's name will be mentioned repeatedly throughout the course of the journal, therefore your journal was removed. However, you were allowed to re-post it with the names omitted. Please feel free to send me a pm if you have any more questions.

:Namaste:

I purchased some leds from china via alibaba, BAD DECISION!
ADVERTISED As 300watts 5W x 60 pieces. Plugged them into my killawatt, 54 watts per unit including the 3 fans on the units. REALLY TURNED OFF by the led market!

I use a Growblu 180x3 and I am having awesome results with 4 ladies. Was right in my pricerange, and so far doing what it said it would. I am 30 days in 12/12 and they are goin nuts.

5watt chip should drive to 2.5~3watt, your drive less than 1watt, so they use 1watt chip for you. it is really bad experience.
I purchased some leds from china via alibaba, BAD DECISION!
ADVERTISED As 300watts 5W x 60 pieces. Plugged them into my killawatt, 54 watts per unit including the 3 fans on the units. REALLY TURNED OFF by the led market!

WP_20130618_019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom