Best LED Grow Light for under $1000?

mine are always on i believe they are suppose to be on they cool the heat sink

OK the light I have says it turns on thermostatically I guess when they reach a certain temp but I've ran the light for 4 hours and the fan never came on the light gets hot but not so hot that I can't touch it ..........

I was always told that UV-B hinders growth but that UV-A is essential to plant growth.

This is a prime example why I disqualified LUSH from my possible LED light vendors when i was looking to purchase. Just like anything else I want the specs, ratings, numbers and all the nitty gritty details for any purchase over a $100, call me a geek, that's what I am :) I couldn't never find the light spectrum for the LUSH LED lights before purchasing so i passed on them... As for the "secret spectrum" it seems NASA, when they did the research, pretty identified everything needed and important for the light spectrum, so the optimal/necessary light spectrum isn't anything secret, just adds distrust to prospective customers like me.

As for the UV question, you DO want UVA and UVB, you don't want UVC...

This is a rather helpful link.

Does Exposing Your Plants to UVB Increase THC Production? | Silas Sativarius

:peace:

All the fans in my LED's activate as soon as they power up. I'm pretty sure they are supposed too.
I have a 300w panel and a far red UFO bloom-booster light.

Regards,
Milly C

All the fans in my LED's activate as soon as they power up. I'm pretty sure they are supposed too.
I have a 300w panel and a far red UFO bloom-booster light.

Regards,
Milly C

I left mine on all night and no fan I tried to go the cheap route on ebay and I think I bought a dud but oh well yiu live and you learn I'll open it up and see if I can spot the problem if not I guess it's on to the next purchase thanks guys

I did the same thing when I first heard of LEDs. I bought an el cheapo UFO
from china for a little over $100 (shipping inclusive), just to see what all the hype was about.
Had HIDs previously but they were not viable for a wardrobe grow.
I was surprised at how well the plants responded to this little light growth wise.
Unfortunately the unit died before the plants matured, the wiring in the unit was
hair thin, and burned out. The only plus was the growth, for a 90w light, it was quite phenomenal.
So I purchased a GS300w panel and have never looked back. I mothballed my HIDs, and have enjoyed
many a grow since. I have added a 90w UFO bloom booster, with far red for flowering
(cannot see the light from this unit it is beyond our visual range), but the flowering results have been amazing,
for 4+ years now.
At the moment I am only growing Auto Flowering varieties, which have their own little pecadilloes,
like not growing well in store bought potting mixes or soil, killed quite a few initially. But through research I found a
growth medium recipe specific to Autos. Coir-Peat, Perlite & Vermiculite pre wet, (I deleted the Vermiculite, too expensive)
and the plants went mad, I have never seen such rapid growth under any artifcial light system.
Root production was massive as well. Saving up for an in line fan unit now, cannot wait to get that.
Don't know if GS is still a viable company, I have not been able to contact them via the web. Pity,
as their panel has been terrific and very good value for the money spent. The only drawback
I have found is the accumulation of dust in the panel. But every 2nd or 3rd grow I open it up and give it a
thorough cleaning. But my panel is getting close to its life span and I will need to replace it before much longer.
The only thing I will change on my next panel purchase is dual growth ability, veg & flowering in 1
unit, and graduate to a 600w or 900w panel, for the added boost to flowering.

Regards,

Milly C

I did the same thing when I first heard of LEDs. I bought an el cheapo UFO
from china for a little over $100 (shipping inclusive), just to see what all the hype was about.
Had HIDs previously but they were not viable for a wardrobe grow.
I was surprised at how well the plants responded to this little light growth wise.
Unfortunately the unit died before the plants matured, the wiring in the unit was
hair thin, and burned out. The only plus was the growth, for a 90w light, it was quite phenomenal.
So I purchased a GS300w panel and have never looked back. I mothballed my HIDs, and have enjoyed
many a grow since. I have added a 90w UFO bloom booster, with far red for flowering
(cannot see the light from this unit it is beyond our visual range), but the flowering results have been amazing,
for 4+ years now.
At the moment I am only growing Auto Flowering varieties, which have their own little pecadilloes,
like not growing well in store bought potting mixes or soil, killed quite a few initially. But through research I found a
growth medium recipe specific to Autos. Coir-Peat, Perlite & Vermiculite pre wet, (I deleted the Vermiculite, too expensive)
and the plants went mad, I have never seen such rapid growth under any artifcial light system.
Root production was massive as well. Saving up for an in line fan unit now, cannot wait to get that.
Don't know if GS is still a viable company, I have not been able to contact them via the web. Pity,
as their panel has been terrific and very good value for the money spent. The only drawback
I have found is the accumulation of dust in the panel. But every 2nd or 3rd grow I open it up and give it a
thorough cleaning. But my panel is getting close to its life span and I will need to replace it before much longer.
The only thing I will change on my next panel purchase is dual growth ability, veg & flowering in 1
unit, and graduate to a 600w or 900w panel, for the added boost to flowering.

Regards,

Milly C

I got home yesterday and opened the light up and the fan wasn't connected so I connected it and now it works! I guess I'll use it until it breaks or goes out but like you said the wiring is tiny and poorly put together I'm just glad I resolved the problem before I spent more money on another unit this one will have to do until I'm able to afford a better one

Running 2 Diamond DS XML 350 that my brother gave me after using for 1 indoor grow. So far I like them. Extremely low heat, four quiet fans on all of them and dialing in the veg and flower is cool. Been running all spectrums and my plants seem to really like it although i'm not sure how much better they are as far as filling out my plants compared to HPS light since I have four of the same strain under my LEDs and then all my other ones I was growing previously under to 1000 W HPS. I do have two blue amnesia auto flower under one of the LEDs and they are flourishing but then again this is my first attempt at a few auto flower so they might be doing that anyways. Lol I think the 350s you can get for like 500-ish right now but other my brother bought them you could only get them for about 1000 so I think that's a pretty good deal.

I got home yesterday and opened the light up and the fan wasn't connected so I connected it and now it works! I guess I'll use it until it breaks or goes out but like you said the wiring is tiny and poorly put together I'm just glad I resolved the problem before I spent more money on another unit this one will have to do until I'm able to afford a better one

Thanks for the feedback

Back
Top Bottom