Best LED grow lights?

It's not really about 'the best grow light' - choose a brand you trust and definitely do not buy on the cheap
Your space is approx 4' x 6' = 24sq/ft
Traditional wisdom says 50w per sq/ft so 1200w, but that is max if you want monsters, I think
Not entirely sure if that is true with modern LEDs with better PAR output
I would go for the newest bar model for even coverage, our sponsors can help you out if you mail them

I have the 650R. I won't buy HLG again. Great lights, but way overpriced. Right now im testing (sponsored) the ViparSpectra P4000 and have to say for its price, it's very impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing it put some flowers out.

Just my 2 cents.

I hear ya, I'm growing three under one p4000 in a 4x4. Feel free to jump in the journal and take a look, ask any questions. There's also discount codes for ViparSpectra and some good sales coming up.
I’m going to try the p4000 I’ll be sure to pick your brain in the coming weeks :)

I’m going to try the p4000 I’ll be sure to pick your brain in the coming weeks :)
Don't forget as a 420 member you have access to discount codes!

I think you'll be happy with it, especially for the price. :)

Which lights would you suggest for a 4 x 4 x 8 grow tent??
Considering the age of this thread I'm not sure if they'll see you message.

Post in thread 'Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion' Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

This thread (above) is probably a great or better? spot to ask

Mind you I could be way off- I hadn't realized at first they were in this thread:lot-o-toke:. They make some great lights and if you pop over to that thread you'll get sorted right & proper with all questions answered by folks making the lights and many using them.

:Namaste:

4x4 is 16 so 50w per sq M is 800w
Welcome to try our P4000 for 4X4 :love:

Welcome to try our P4000 for 4X4 :love:
If that is an offer, glady accepted - I have a Heavy Grapefruit waiting to be popped :cool:

I've tried at least 10 different brands of LED's. Bar Lights are good for a nice even canopy. But I have found no light that can out do a single light over each plant. I've used 1000 watt from the wall LED's and all. But when I hung a Mars Hydro TSW 2000 over each plant the yield was perfect. I grew 3 plants. Each had their own light over it. My yields were all between 10 - 12 oz. per plant in 5 gallon pots. I have not been able to reproduce that yield any other way. So my opinion is you are better off going with a TS 1000 or TSW 2000 over each plant for maximum yield. 2-lbs. of weed from 3 plants grown in a tent with 5 weeks Veg is a pretty good grow if you ask me. Just my 2 cents.
This grow if interested. Photos, Soil, Mars Hydro Grow : COMPLETE

My vote 2 P2000/XS2000 or FC4800 OR 2 FC3000/FC-E3000.
But as said price to me is not a factor any more its about result vs price.
To many out there claiming to grow stronger and bigger bud.
You get a good led or make one these days your growing good bud if you can grow.
If you cover your space with a "good" light the plant will do the rest.
Also agree if i had a square grow space i would lean to a bar light great coverage.
Anything not square the quantum board lights.
Best advice dont waste money on the fancy bells and whistles.
Just because it costs the most dont mean its cost effective. ;)

While I'm halfway through testing a P4000 in a 4x4, the light so far has been an absolute pleasure to use.

I've got a 650R in a box right now to complete this test for the P4000 (just so you know, I've used good/high quality lighting). So far, the veg has been outstanding, best I've had yet.

Pardon the shakiness of the gif- but this is roughly 40 days from germination of 3 autos.

Back
Top Bottom