Best LED if money was no issue

My plants need like 2 month of veg to come close to that....but...I veg under 110w CFL....maybe thats why...

If you're using cfl you might as well just use sunlight. Seriously. You won't be able to get 18 hours but you can use the cfl to make up the difference. Leave your plants outside or on a well lit window sill till you come home from work. Then when the sun starts to go down, put them under the cfl to get all 18 hours.

I'm surprised you're even taking a plant through veg for 2 months. The longer the plant lives, the more time for things to get messed up. Especially in soil. Hydro is a little easier to grow for long periods of time because the nutrients stay controllable. Soil nutrients can run out. Then you're supplementing with added nutrients. The instructions are never right. So over feeding becomes an issue then nute burn... It's just a headache.

Good on you for being able to grow that long though. But if you invest in a better light, with the same skills you're uaing now, you can expect a dramatic yield difference.

If you're using cfl you might as well just use sunlight. Seriously. You won't be able to get 18 hours but you can use the cfl to make up the difference. Leave your plants outside or on a well lit window sill till you come home from work. Then when the sun starts to go down, put them under the cfl to get all 18 hours.

I'm surprised you're even taking a plant through veg for 2 months. The longer the plant lives, the more time for things to get messed up. Especially in soil. Hydro is a little easier to grow for long periods of time because the nutrients stay controllable. Soil nutrients can run out. Then you're supplementing with added nutrients. The instructions are never right. So over feeding becomes an issue then nute burn... It's just a headache.

Good on you for being able to grow that long though. But if you invest in a better light, with the same skills you're uaing now, you can expect a dramatic yield difference.
Got to disagree with you man. Many people keep mother plants alive for 5-10 years. Ive seen many mother plants that old that are flawless and beautiful. 2 month veg is on the upper side of average really.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah but you're talking about massive trees! Good point but when a plant is 13 inches around, it's hard to burn her lol
Indoors in pots of soil is where Ive seen em. Ive never seen a mother plant near that old in hydro.....maybe because I know nothing about hydo too. .

They still should be considered trees though....Ill give u that lol.

You can keep a plant alive as long as you want. But under a cfl? I wouldn't even attempt it. It's possible. But I'm betting it's really hard. I have one mother of platinum GSC. I got a clone out in cali and I don't wanna lose her. So I've had her for about 9 months in veg and it's REALLY hard to maintain imo. I'm no botanist either. It's a struggle.

You can keep a plant alive as long as you want. But under a cfl? I wouldn't even attempt it. It's possible. But I'm betting it's really hard. I have one mother of platinum GSC. I got a clone out in cali and I don't wanna lose her. So I've had her for about 9 months in veg and it's REALLY hard to maintain imo. I'm no botanist either. It's a struggle.
I doubt you could do it with cfl for that long but maybe...even if you could the question would be why lol

I doubt you could do it with cfl for that long but maybe...even if you could the question would be why lol

Ok..if not cfl....what do you use?

The best light to use for a long term mother plant would be HPS. They're expensive and eat up electricity but they work. I'm using LED lights tho. I have light moving rails for my mother plant to ensure I don't burn her with the lights. I really should get an HPS but the LEDs seem to be working

CFLs are cheap. I get it. But like I said, use a window or put your plants outside. Some sunlight would definitely help your plant grow faster and stronger.

Some weird info here :rofl: plant are good to look at but if going to use as comparison like that then watts being used is just as if not more needed.. Your not going to keep up in 20+days using half or quarter watts from wall...

Some weird info here :rofl: plant are good to look at but if going to use as comparison like that then watts being used is just as if not more needed.. Your not going to keep up in 20+days using half or quarter watts from wall...
He said he has an apollo 10. A quick Google search shows it's a 450 watt light.....

As far as what he's pulling from the wall? That I don't know and most people don't have the equipment to check. I know I dont. Lol

Well you should, most led manufactures will give you true watts uses, some don't (cheaper knockoffs) yeah they only tell you leds at 100% eg; Mars 400 equals 80x 5w LEDs = 400....you'll find this equates to around 180w... Easy to find dude... Most has been discussed and sorted, your not discovering anything, lol.

I don't know if he's trying to discover anything. I think he was just asking for advice.

I agree to certain extent tho. The light output isn't what it's marketed as. I had the benefit of a YouTube user with a par meter that bought my exact light setup. I don't really care about wattage since wattage doesn't grow plants. Light spectrum and PPF are what matters.

But if wattage doesn't matter then bro, just stick with hps and cheap Chinese knockoff leds as supplemental.. I'm only interested in watts because I know I can grow plants, technology has been there for decades, if I can't bring watts from wall down, no point changing technology for same outcome.. Ohh trich production.. That's ok if your leaning how to grow, sure maybe sticking a plant under a led might bring out some other terpenes for the grower but come on man, you can't tell me some of the best smoke you've had hasn't been grown under hps. And I'm a led grower, just not a brainwashed one that's going to put down other tech in order to justify my more unnecessary expensive lighting purchase's.. Some of the best indoor smoke I've had was in the early 90's in Australia, think that was due to lumens or par, lol...

I didn't down anything. I'm just stating facts. LED's use different output measurements. It's like measuring how fast a ship goes in Kmph or Mph instead of nautical knots. Sure it'll work, but it's not accurate. Measuring led lights by wattage works. But it's not accurate. Measuring PAR and PPF is way more accurate.

I'm actually growing off knockoffs. Dude builds them and sells them on the Amazon market place. 1 pound out of 2 plants, a scrog, and 2 led's. Is it the best? Nope. But it did better than MH did and my light bill went so far down its ridiculous.

Why use LED just to get the same results? Power consumption. That's why I switched. I got bigger yields with MH but the cost of running them didn't justify the yield difference. My light bill dropped 200 dollars after the switch. That's money in my pocket. I say it's worth it just for that

You just answered why it's watts in the wall mate.. your power bill has come down but so has your yields.. We want to bring that power down without affecting yields.. If you have to get same watts for yields, nothing has improved, you could have used les wattage m/h hps lighting, cooled your area and get similar results as you are with LEDs.. I'm only going by what you've said bro.. Maybe agree to disagree or something :rofl: kinda getting off track to what the op wanted to know anyway...

Back
Top Bottom