Best LED on the market?

what is the size of PCB you want, I will try to check if I can make for you,. PCB has MOQ:) made by machine:)
As to the dimmable function, it is not dimmable PCB, it is dimmable driver:)

I have contact information in my signature, you can email me or add my skype to talk more:)
Much appreciated and I will definitely send people your way with issues with your products, which will hopefully not be often! I actually have a question right off the bat if you say so. Where might I find the PCB board for the LEDs in a large size or customizable sizes? I can only find small boards or strips that have extremely limited areas to place a diode. I also seem to be having a hard time finding the dimmable PCB boards as well if you would know of a place for those. (A Current control potentiometer?)

I won't ask for all your secrets, have to keep you guys still in business! :laughtwo:

op best led on the market

so far the best light i have found is that advance light you guys are chopping up. I have used a lot of lights and it has beat everything i have put up against it. with the money back offers companies make it easy today to compare lights

op best led on the market

so far the best light i have found is that advance light you guys are chopping up. I have used a lot of lights and it has beat everything i have put up against it. with the money back offers companies make it easy today to compare lights

Where have I chopped up the light? I'm actually really pleased with my two XML350s. Dimmable, 11 band spectrum, stays cool, etc. I just stated that I thought it was a weak move to claim American CREE lights and then load them up with no-name Chinese drivers (which seems to be most issues with LEDs if anything goes bad) then charge out the ass for them. Similar to BD, 2 grand for outsourced Chinese parts just put together in the U.S? I'm calling BS on someone's marketing division especially since I can piece together the same if not higher output and quality of light for about $1,000-$1,200 with all American made quality parts guaranteed.

They're all nice lights, especially the Advanced, but being a guy who looks at cost to quality they're definitely marked up more than they should be and you don't see that higher of a gain for that extreme jump in out of pocket cash. For anyone from the average up to professional grower, most cheaper LEDs will definitely get the job done give or take with the possibility of an issue or two more throughout a year or two of growing. There are some pretty amazing grows with some cheaper leds that are ~$1/watt instead of ~$3/watt. Can't entirely discredit the cheaper companies out there.

What I find interesting is that Advanced pulled all their customer reviews after I posted that there were reviews that were touting the quality of their American made products... Now you wouldn't have had anything to do with pulling those reviews, would you Chloro???? With that being your second post, makes me wonder???

My bad assumption Chloro, revisited the site again, They were back up this time... Just find them awfully misleading, and you stepped up at the wrong time... Not saying they're bad lights, just way over priced..

Hey steviodaddio I apologize Brada no disrespect intended. I was just saying you opened it up you chopped it up not it is naked for us to see. I was just saying I like the light. I am an advanced led fan I dont shy from that. I am very new to this forum. I post over at GC a lot. I was hoping to have a place over here but the welcome is not too warm so far. second post and wow. welcome noobs; say you like some thing and BEEF brah :)

Mr. Fish thank you for the warm welcome. I thought people want others to come on and share the experience they have so we can all improve our game. my experience is buy a light from a company with a 90 money back guarantee then buy a light from another company that has the same guarantee run them side by side choose the winner smoke the paka :) return the loser get your money back buy a light from another light company smoke some more paka(my favorite part) and repeat.

I couldn't get my username here for those who know me Hey guys
Brada Haole

No beef man, I just didn't want you thinking I was bashing or riding a bandwagon. Advanced are solid, welcome to the forums by the way. Share you experiences as often as you can. Everyone might not benefit from it but if one person does that's a win in my book.

Thank you very much Stevio, I just read that you want to make your own LED grow lights but you just not know all the details. If you need any parts or help, please let me know, I will try my best to help you. I know you can not buy all the things on ebay or other stores, actually you can only get some small parts from factory. so I would like to help, the only problem is we have to ship from China for you :)please do not worry if we can not do business, I know you will be very excited if you can make one LED grow light yourself, I would like to help people like you:)
I am an accomplished hand made builder of tube amplifiers and light systems for MH and HPS. I have a question for you SmokeSara: Why couldn't I make my own power source for these LEDs using a simple AC Power Transformer with diode rectifier and capacitor filter DC voltage? I have seen several examples of hand built LED lights but they all use manufactured Constant Current drivers or LED Drivers so they are still relying on a manufacturer for the quality and specifications of these drivers. It seems like the drivers are the weak point, why?

:peace:

I am an accomplished hand made builder of tube amplifiers and light systems for MH and HPS. I have a question for you SmokeSara: Why couldn't I make my own power source for these LEDs using a simple AC Power Transformer with diode rectifier and capacitor filter DC voltage? I have seen several examples of hand built LED lights but they all use manufactured Constant Current drivers or LED Drivers so they are still relying on a manufacturer for the quality and specifications of these drivers. It seems like the drivers are the weak point, why?

I don't think Sara is an engineer so I'll give it a try. LED's are nonlinear devices and the internal resistance changes rapidly as the current through the diode increases. They are not reliable when placed in series with a constant voltage source. Search for the user
hosebomber and take a look through some of his postings if you want additional details on LED lighting design.

It's quite the art to make an efficient, cheap and reliable power supply.

I'm about to order a DS 200 from Advanced Led.. It has a 3 year warranty and is made in USA... It seems to be the best. Not the cheapest, but the best I can afford for the money i can spend....

I dunno man, My DS 200 was made in China. Not that it's a bad light, but it's not made in the USA. The cree led's in it are though

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see this was already addressed.

:welcome: I have to ask my engineer first:))))

:thanks: Conerd, how are you ?
I don't think Sara is an engineer so I'll give it a try. LED's are nonlinear devices and the internal resistance changes rapidly as the current through the diode increases. They are not reliable when placed in series with a constant voltage source. Search for the user
hosebomber and take a look through some of his postings if you want additional details on LED lighting design.

It's quite the art to make an efficient, cheap and reliable power supply.

So, been doing a ton of reading recently. As you all know the LED industry is changing rapidly, been a couple years now since I looked. I come from the aquarium hobby which has put a ton of effort into their lighting over the past few years. Anyway, check out Reef LED Lab (reef led lab). It's a new company so hard to say how good their stuff really is. That said, it was designed from the ground up based on highly technical, meticulous, and scientific research by a group of diyers. The end result was a 12 diode, full spectrum, fully controllable LED array with some very impressive components to pair with. Plus honestly the price is not bad either. $79 for their 12 diode array which comes out to just over $6 per led. Plus these are top bin chips. Of course, these were designed for the salt water aquarium hobby so there are leds to cover the entire spectrum, including green and yellow however, due to the seperate channels the output spectrum seems to be highly customizable. I personally like the idea of making my own light because if and when something does fail, I will have the ability to swap out whichever part failed. My current prefabbed unit lost an entire string and because of how its made i can really do anything about it. With rll, I can simply swap the part, plus they took the extra step of adding something to allow a dead diode to be bypassed, keeping the rest of the perfectly good string alive and well.

epsilon: Have you ever tried to grow plants with these lights.?
Looking at the ready to use lights they seem a little high priced for such small lamps.
They look like high quality.

epsilon: Have you ever tried to grow plants with these lights.?
Looking at the ready to use lights they seem a little high priced for such small lamps.
They look like high quality.

No I have not. Sorry, I usually divulge that fact and please be aware I have not yet grown anything. All my experience comes from the aquarium hobby and simple gardening... I'm hoping to have the funds and space within the next 6 months to get a legal grow up and running so I figured I should start doing my research now... I tend to like to know what I'm getting into before I do it. Honestly, due to the cost involved and so I have a base line, I will most likely start with MH/HPS before moving to the LED. it really all depends on the funding situation when I'm ready to go. The only thing that concerns me is I'll have to focus more on the ventilation with that setup but figure up cross that bridge when I come to it. For me, if the light proves less than ideal, then I'll probably just end up using it on a future salt tank. Honestly though, these guys did a serious amount of homework and there are many parallels to growing these beauties and corals.

Spectrum is a bit different between the two but this light gives you full control over that. Seriously, go play with the Spectrum output simulator on their product page for the "flagship product", it's freaking sweet.

Back
Top Bottom