Best LED results

I'm looking for the best led light for the money my budget itsnt but 600 dollars I have a 5×5×6 room I usually try to have about 6 to 10 plants in it and I want this led to be kicking out some light and with fullspectrum with IR and UV does any one have any ideas

I just picked up 5 of the MEIZHI LED Grow Light Reflector Series 1200W Full Spectrum for $329 each from amazon. I chose the Meizhi over the Viparspectra because of the 120 degree reflector and the price. So far my girls look beautiful and are vegging very nicely. They put out less heat than my HPS and are 560 Real Watts so I save money on electricity.
Since I don't have to buy a separate veg and flower bulb I save money there too. They were easy to install and they really feel like a good entry level LED.

Yep, and I save $300 a month on electricity, can get by with 7,000 btu AC ($239) instead of 20,000 btu ($800) and don't need to run my dehumidifier. I had to start somewhere. I am only expecting 2.5 x 2.5 coverage and 560 real watts each in a small space with low ceilings. Now I can research a big boy solution like cobs for a larger space while I have something working. Since I know what I have it was easy to dial in.
P.S. The way these companies list their specs is bullshit. gotta do your own math

Man, u didnt look into HLG QB boards? For that space, you could of made a bad-ass rig for that money and that space. The specs are on point upwards of 2.5jpw.

Happy for ya getting sht going, but man, many options you could of went with. Not to mention bro, in that space, 300 watts is really the max u need. I know someone will even say that is to much, 35 watts with QBs and COBS, 50watts psf for Blurple

Man, u didnt look into HLG QB boards? For that space, you could of made a bad-ass rig for that money and that space. The specs are on point upwards of 2.5jpw.

Happy for ya getting sht going, but man, many options you could of went with.
Good to know Mayne. That's why I am here to learn. So far my knowledge is limited but i'm googling HLG QB boards.

Good to know Mayne. That's why I am here to learn. So far my knowledge is limited but i'm googling HLG QB boards.

Right on Weedy.. Dang bro, wish you would of threaded your idea. I havent seen ya around, maybe you did, maybe you didnt, IDK..

I went with Mars300s my first time. Got 2, modded them with lenses and different spec diodes, Then went strips, Now, Waiting on my COBS to start that build, lol..

$450 max would of lite that space up nicley.

I hope anyway, HUH..

HLG 550, Cheapest, most efficiant, least heat, Simple

Check out GrandMasterLevel on the Tube. He has a grow going right now, Side by side, with HLG and HPS, warehouseish setting, very large area.

$1,050 for that light, most eq of a 1000wHPS, at 540watts

I'm looking for the best led light for the money my budget itsnt but 600 dollars I have a 5×5×6 room I usually try to have about 6 to 10 plants in it and I want this led to be kicking out some light and with fullspectrum with IR and UV does any one have any ideas
If a were you I would take multiple budget white full spectrum like the toplanet 600w model (Amazon). I never bought expensive led lights. I m sure they are awesome. But there is also one thing I m sure of. One of the important factors are lumens, heat and on top of it you need all your plants receive lights in the grow room. You could buy one expensive led light. But with the same money you could buy 4 x 600 white full spectrum. Have a look at the last page of my grow journal and even more if you have time. I read a lot everyday to lean. And I know many people buy lights and try to adjust the height depending on what other people say etc... The best thing is lux meter. It permits to know accurately the precise amount of lux received by the canopy allowing to place it at the perfect height. Many cheap led lights work well. It s often just a matter of distance. Most of the Chinese models provide fake numbers. But thanks to a lux meter you can adjust stuff better. I could test Chinese leds panel from 300w to 2000w (not real wattage). I ended with just 600w white full spectrum as I get very good results with it and also thanks of different videos I saw on YouTube showing the full spectrum white is better than red and blue (maybe thanks to better range of colors and UV). My journal is in my signature if you want to take a look. There some interesting links in it. Keep in mind that the guys that have huge harvest just know how to manage environmental conditions better! Temp, ph, humidity and on top of all lights! I ve seen different people having small yields even with good expensive lights. It was often because I could see from the pictures that were hat the lights were way too high!

Have a look at some of the videos of that guy :

Random Ryan

He s one of the rare who took time to make real par and lux measurements on some models. He also compared red and blue vs white full spectrum. I can easily say he s the only one who have conducted those kind of accurate tests...

If a were you I would take multiple budget white full spectrum like the toplanet 600w model (Amazon). I never bought expensive led lights. I m sure they are awesome. But there is also one thing I m sure of. One of the important factors are lumens, heat and on top of it you need all your plants receive lights in the grow room. You could buy one expensive led light. But with the same money you could buy 4 x 600 white full spectrum. Have a look at the last page of my grow journal and even more if you have time. I read a lot everyday to lean. And I know many people buy lights and try to adjust the height depending on what other people say etc... The best thing is lux meter. It permits to know accurately the precise amount of lux received by the canopy allowing to place it at the perfect height. Many cheap led lights work well. It s often just a matter of distance. Most of the Chinese models provide fake numbers. But thanks to a lux meter you can adjust stuff better. I could test Chinese leds panel from 300w to 2000w (not real wattage). I ended with just 600w white full spectrum as I get very good results with it and also thanks of different videos I saw on YouTube showing the full spectrum white is better than red and blue (maybe thanks to better range of colors and UV). My journal is in my signature if you want to take a look. There some interesting links in it. Keep in mind that the guys that have huge harvest just know how to manage environmental conditions better! Temp, ph, humidity and on top of all lights! I ve seen different people having small yields even with good expensive lights. It was often because I could see from the pictures that were hat the lights were way too high!

You better hide man, The Lux whippers are going to beat you down,

and, the HLG550 is basicly White,

You better hide man, The Lux whippers are going to beat you down,

and, the HLG550 is basicly White,
Is it forbidden to post link ok this forum? If yes I ll remove it but it would be a pity as it s just a source of knowledge

with all due respect, Cannabis and Peppers are 2 different plants, and I was referring to the "Lux" because in the LED/plant world, Lux means nothing

with all due respect, Cannabis and Peppers are 2 different plants, and I was referring to the "Lux" because in the LED/plant world, Lux means nothing

I had already read that. Then I saw that vid and bought a luxmeter. Measurements under sun was showing 100000 lux. My old 250w cfl was showing 50000 lux at 4/5 inches. The led wasn't showing any weird values so I run different tests at different distance and could see the luxmeter was reading accurately even for the leds.... Never have any problem in my first grow...... Maybe some luxmeter don't work well with led.... Whatever I m stick to growing under led lights. Regarding the pepper, take time and have a look on different tests that compare white full spectrum leds vs red and blue. They all show the second generation white full spectrum produce better results.... This forum is a place of sharing. I just thought I would share. People that don't have good results with leds are people that put it at the wrong distance. Luxmeter should be their friends. I guess the 1000 dollars leds are far better with better penetration and covering, but it seems the Chinese stuffs can do the thing if you know how to use it in a smart way

I agree on the white LEDs. I modded a Mars300 with lenses and changed diodes to 4000K, got a PAR at 18inchs of 1500, and it grew big leafs and thick stems. I still use it, but half burnt out.

I have pics, but for some reason, i cant see them when i pull up the gallery to insert.

My COB build im using 4000K and 3500K, cant turn away from those 4000K specs, love it..

I do have a lux meter, that I modded to use as a PAR meter. ( drilling a 3/8 hole in the meter lid ) its not a full fledge PAR meter, but I get the same exact number reading as others using a PAR meter with the same light, same distance.

Funny that they say, lux meters only read what humans can see, but a PAR meter reads 430-730 or something like that. It must not see the in-between spectrum of" between 430-730" LOL.

Man, i use a Lux meter, but Ive gotten dragged across the coles for even mentioning Lux and Plants in the same sentence.

*shruggs,

I agree on the white LEDs. I modded a Mars300 with lenses and changed diodes to 4000K, got a PAR at 18inchs of 1500, and it grew big leafs and thick stems. I still use it, but half burnt out.

I have pics, but for some reason, i cant see them when i pull up the gallery to insert.

My COB build im using 4000K and 3500K, cant turn away from those 4000K specs, love it..

I do have a lux meter, that I modded to use as a PAR meter. ( drilling a 3/8 hole in the meter lid ) its not a full fledge PAR meter, but I get the same exact number reading as others using a PAR meter with the same light, same distance.

Funny that they say, lux meters only read what humans can see, but a PAR meter reads 430-730 or something like that. It must not see the in-between spectrum of" between 430-730" LOL.

Man, i use a Lux meter, but Ive gotten dragged across the coles for even mentioning Lux and Plants in the same sentence.

*shruggs,

I got u. If you take a look at the last page of my grow journal (signature) you will see a link to an article about some tests that were conducted. The conclusion is that 1500 par would be the sweet spot! So it maybe highly linked to the fact you got big leaves and good development :)

Back
Top Bottom