Best Light 4 Clones MH 150/250W Vs. CLF

navar

wa's up :))
I am about to buy a extra bulb for my new rooted, new planted clones.
I have 600W MH and 600W HPS, but those are to strong I think and
I have a 150W CLF today for new-cut clones, and I want to hear your opinion
about using MH light for cloning. In a disent distans,I mean that the distant betwen the light and the girls
shouln not be to far. And I use no Cooltube

I belevie that we can start with excluding the 400W, 600W
and 1000W MH. The 250W and 150W is probly to prefer. But Is the 150 ore 250 MH
"better" then a 150, 200 ore 250 CLF? That you can have so close, so the bulb
allmoste tocuh the leIafs??

So... If we compear the distans, the amount of lumen and and
the girls need, what is you opinion?

Personally, I would use the 23-26w cfl daylight 6500k's, for two big reasons:

Low energy cost

VERY low heat!

However, a 250mh would also do just as well/better, but i am a lil bias toward cfls after
seeing how well they worked. Blew me away.

I also would love to try out LED someday. Btw after vegetation stage of course you wanna go HPS if ya got em. =)

Personally, I would use the 23-26w cfl daylight 6500k's, for two big reasons:

Low energy cost

VERY low heat!

However, a 250mh would also do just as well/better, but i am a lil bias toward cfls after
seeing how well they worked. Blew me away.

I also would love to try out LED someday. Btw after vegetation stage of course you wanna go HPS if ya got em. =)

Thanx for your answer man!

In that case, I will get my self a 250 MH, for my rooted, newplanted
girls.

have googled around about it and a MH have much higher lumen.
But I wounder if you can give them too much light? And if that amount of lumen
is unhelthy??

Just my 2 cents worth, but I've been keeping mommies growing very well with just 80 watts of red and blue LED's. When I clone I do turn on a second 80 watts of red and blues, but that's all I have used for several years now. I wish somebody out there just made a little system for mommies and babies, but all I see is systems that are switchable. The thing with those is, why buy more that you need. I had to build my own. I find, using these lights, the plants have a lot of nodes, and clone very quickly. What more would you want?

I use a 125w giant cfl 6500k for seed germination, clones and regular veg plants for up 8 weeks with out a problem, other wise i might use a 250w MH but at twice the cost of electric !

Been using one of those for about 3 years now & never looked back or thought of changing veg lighting... but that is in my own experience with such.

These plants are in 60cm by 60cm area the 125w cfl can cover a mildly larger area tho.

007770.JPG
PICT000743.JPG
005826.JPG
001829.JPG
001809.JPG
005692.JPG

Back
Top Bottom