Best Material for Growbox Walls?

You could wrap it in panda film that will work fine

But i would pic a multiplex or osb board and paint the inside

But you could use panda film or poly film what ever they use to name it and just staple it on the frame and maybe reinforse it with ducktape.
But the downside of doing it this way is you could damage it easy and it wil produce more noise than a box made of wood
Just my 2 cents

The brown plywood you use for casting concrete is a really good material for building boxes(it's what most workers have on the back of their trucks for tools and stuff around here), it is very strong and resistant to moisture, and easy to work with.
They probably have some in Bauhaus or your local hardware store.

:Namaste:

Foil or white-faced rigid foam insulation. It already has a reflective face, is easy to cut and work with, and will offer some insulation value, if you need it.

Thank you Guys !! You are awesome so much Ideas !! Great ...

I have to say the white-faced rigid foam insulation sounds best to me ... But yea you know how it is ... Kinda lazy haha

So i think i will go with the Panda Film (Black and White Foil)

Im not quite sure what kind of door i should make ...

Again Im Lazy :) I want it as easy as possible of course .. i maybe thought ill take a piece of tarpaulin and a few Velcro strips ...

But i was at my local Hardwre store they only have these Huge Tarpaulin which costs like 50 Euros and upwards for that price i could get me a new Growbox :) So yea If you guys have Ideas or should i try it with the Panda Film too ? but i think it will break while opening lol !

Again Thanks Guys you really Helped alot !

1016150713.jpg

I got big sheets of cardboard. Painted white. Out a bead of caulk down on the wood,, laid the cardboard on it and then used a staple gun to fasten the cardboard to the wood. Did that on five sides.

Door was tripping me up too. Ended up with a thin piece of ply wood. Used carrage bolts and stuck them through the frame from the inside and jb weld all over the final but to go in and used washer and nuts to tighten on the stud sticking out while the epoxy dried. So I have seven threaded studs sticking out. Drilled holes in the wood to match. Slide the wood over the studs and hand tighten the nuts on the studs to the wood and that's it. Could be better. Could be worse.

1016150713.jpg

I got big sheets of cardboard. Painted white. Out a bead of caulk down on the wood,, laid the cardboard on it and then used a staple gun to fasten the cardboard to the wood. Did that on five sides.

Door was tripping me up too. Ended up with a thin piece of ply wood. Used carrage bolts and stuck them through the frame from the inside and jb weld all over the final but to go in and used washer and nuts to tighten on the stud sticking out while the epoxy dried. So I have seven threaded studs sticking out. Drilled holes in the wood to match. Slide the wood over the studs and hand tighten the nuts on the studs to the wood and that's it. Could be better. Could be worse.

Wow Thank you very much ! You room looks Really Good ! I Like IT !

Mhm Cardboard sounds easy to me .. its good idea i think ... but doesnt it like get wet and maybe break if humidity goes up really high ? not quite sure about this ! maybe you can tell me from your experience Thanks !

Cardboard is surprisingly resilient . but it will break down if it is soaked a lot. However, it's not like you will be going buck wild with a garden hose in the grow box. It should never get too wet really. I have high humidity and also most and foliar feed and have no problems with the cardboard. Light weight, flexible, and easy to replace if there ever was a need.

Cardboard is surprisingly resilient . but it will break down if it is soaked a lot. However, it's not like you will be going buck wild with a garden hose in the grow box. It should never get too wet really. I have high humidity and also most and foliar feed and have no problems with the cardboard. Light weight, flexible, and easy to replace if there ever was a need.

Yea you are right ! Thanks for sharing your experience now i just have to find a place were i can get big Cardboards haha ! Thanks again .

Furniture and appliance stores get large pieces of cardboard.
Around here, many businesses have recycling and cardboard has its own dumpster.

Back
Top Bottom