Best Nutes Soil Grow?

kaivorth

Looking to get into some nutes. I was looking at the 5 part Earth Juice Line... However it's going to come out to $70....

Then I saw their Hi-Brix 2 part system, which would be closer to $30 which sounds much more reasonable..

Is the 5 part setup really worth it? I'm referring to the Grow, Bloom, MicroBlast, Meta K, and Catalyst. I'm shopping on Amazon as I don't have a hydro store nearby unfortunately..

I can also veg as long as I want correct?

Personally, I don't see a reason for bottled nutrients in soil grows (although i have definitly used my fair share of them in the past). If your soil contains any kind of compost, just top dress a little fish meal and kelp (about 1/4tsp per 1-2 gallons of soil) every couple of weeks in veg; and rock phosphate (1/4tsp per 1-2 gallons of soil) on the first day of bloom. Can't beat the way that plants are supposed to grow. ;)

If your soil doesn't contain compost, this method doesn't work as well.

ADDITION: You can veg for as long as you want, to a certain degree. Stress a plant out enough and she will bloom on you no matter what the light cycle is. Keep her potted up and in good counsel with the NPK gods and she will be fine and bloom when she is supposed to.

Personally, I don't see a reason for bottled nutrients in soil grows (although i have definitly used my fair share of them). If your soil contains any kind of compost, just top dress a little fish meal and kelp (about 1/4tsp per gallon or two of soil) every couple of weeks in veg; and rock phosphate (1/4tsp per gallon or two of soil) on the first day of bloom. Can't beat the way that plants are supposed to grow. ;)

ADDITION: You can veg for as long as you want to a certain degree. Stress a plant out enough and she will bloom on you no matter what the light cycle is. Keep her potted up and in good counsel with the NPK gods and she will be fine and bloom when she is supposed to.

Right now I just have Fox Farm Ocean Forest with a little perlite. I do beg to differ, you don't see bud in the wild growing like our controlled environments variants.

With that being said I will defiantly look into fish meal and kelp.

Would just getting the Grow, Bloom, and catalyst be sufficient you think?

Right now I just have Fox Farm Ocean Forest with a little perlite. I do beg to differ, you don't see bud in the wild growing like our controlled environments variants.

With that being said I will defiantly look into fish meal and kelp.

Would just getting the Grow, Bloom, and catalyst be sufficient you think?

That's a tricky topic. Although I'm not referring to just any old ditch weed you might find on the side of the road in Kazakhstan, there are lush growing conditions in certain parts of the world. Those are the conditions that I want to emulate when I grow any kind of plants. Obviously, ground up fish, kelp and rock phosphate aren't going to just appear on the ground under a plant in the wild, but when it comes down to it, they are all known to help plants grow in different ways and they're also renewable sources of important elements (well, besides rock phos, but you can use bone meal instead of rock phos).

I've grown alot of indoor and outdoor in the past 10 or so years using all kinds of different methods, and I have definitely seen the best performing organic soil weed stomp all over the best performing bottle fed weed.

But back to your question:
The fox farms three part line works pretty well in soil. I know several growers that will only use the grow, or only use the bloom, and some that only use the big bud, but I'm not sure what they're basing that on.

Personally, I don't see a reason for bottled nutrients in soil grows (although i have definitly used my fair share of them in the past). If your soil contains any kind of compost, just top dress a little fish meal and kelp (about 1/4tsp per 1-2 gallons of soil) every couple of weeks in veg; and rock phosphate (1/4tsp per 1-2 gallons of soil) on the first day of bloom. Can't beat the way that plants are supposed to grow. ;)

ADDITION: You can veg for as long as you want, to a certain degree. Stress a plant out enough and she will bloom on you no matter what the light cycle is. Keep her potted up and in good counsel with the NPK gods and she will be fine and bloom when she is supposed to.

I might actually take this approach, due to the fact these nutrients are getting freaking expensive. I'm going to go to Agway tomorrow and pick some of this up. Any particular type of fish meal and kelp I should get? Some have different NPK values.

Am I sprinkling this on the top of the soil, or mixing it in the water I feed with?

If you're using just the fox fam ocean forest, and didn't mix in any coco or something without nutrient value, then you probably don't need the fish meal or kelp since it already has those. A little bone meal or rock phosphate worked into the loose part of the top of the soil when bloom starts would be a good boost for bloom and then a bit of kelp during the last 4 weeks of bloom or so should be rockin.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom