Best pH for calcium in coco coir

baxbax

I just have some calcium deficiency in coco I use ro water but add (24 drops of liquid contain 10 percent calcium and 2 percent mg) for 2 litre water , I add ph down to mix and bring it down to 5.9 and still have calcium deficiency , what is best ph for maximum calcium uptake in coco coir ? searched google but cant find right answer some says it best absorb in ph below 5.8 and some say go to 6.2 ?

Calcium and Magnesium are best absorbed at 6.0 or higher. Your problem is not your pH it's that you're not giving it enough calcium. Are you using coco specific nutes? Changing your pH to 6.0 from 5.9 will not help your problem.

I just have some calcium deficiency in coco I use ro water but add (24 drops of liquid contain 10 percent calcium and 2 percent mg) for 2 litre water , I add ph down to mix and bring it down to 5.9 and still have calcium deficiency , what is best ph for maximum calcium uptake in coco coir ? searched google but cant find right answer some says it best absorb in ph below 5.8 and some say go to 6.2 ?

Recommendations I have always followed is 5.5-6.1. I use Botanicare CAL-MAG Plus Plant Supplement for my CoCo grow at a rate of 5 ml /gallon. Does a good job.

For Googling you might look under Hydro as growing in CoCo is basically hydro as their are nutrients in CoCo.

I don't use coco specific I use :
24 drop Hesi tnt for half gal
18 drop general hydroponic bioweed /half gallon
4 drop humic acid / half gallon
18 drop general hydroponic micro /half gallon
and 24 drop calmag / half gallon
plus compost tea
they are at their 4th node of leaves should I use 5 ml/gal calmag with other nutrients ? I can just see calcium problem on leaves no other problem.
I use some different nutrients from different companies and can't go with their chart and I made my own feeding chart as you can see .

plus compost tea
they are at their 4th node of leaves should I use 5 ml/gal calmag with other nutrients ? I can just see calcium problem on leaves no other problem.
I use some different nutrients from different companies and can't go with their chart and I made my own feeding chart as you can see .
With the exception of GH Micro and Cal-Mag, I don't know anything about all the other stuff you are using. I like to keep it simple - just the nutrients. If you're using GH Micro, do you have the GH Bloom as well?

I find around 5.7-6.3 a nice comfortable area but different stages require different ph levels ?

I don't know about ph issues. Ph perfect advanced nutrients saves me the headache

plus compost tea

lol rule of thumb start with 1/4 recommend dose work way up less is always more they say buddy .

Back
Top Bottom