Best ph for Drip Hydroponic System

charisma4u2

I have a water farm and I have read several post with various ph ranges. I see a hydro ph of 5.2 to 5.8 as best some places and 5.8-6.8 in others.I see both in the instructional videos..anyone have a sure fire answer or should i just try to keep it around 6.0
thanks

5.2 is to low and 6.8 is to high....try and be as close to 6.0 all the time as you can....test your water before you add your nute's so you have a base start'n point....temp and time of day will affect your read'n so make sure you test around the same time every day.

**BIG NOTE**...if you are use'n a vile tester with drop's make sure the vile is completly dry between test....if you test then rinse under tap water and then test again before it's dry the leftover tap water in the vile will affect your read'n and give you a false high ph level.

Won't be easy to stablize that number 5.5.
If it wonders towards the down side, you will see ph lock. Go for a higher number.

ok guys thanks maybe 5.8 then? all of the info i read 5.8 to 6.0 was the top of the ph scale for a hydro drip system.

Even if you start at 5.8 it will wonder and climb to 6.0ph. 5.8 is fine but you will notice that it will climb up on a steady gradual basis. Most tap water is between 6.3 to 7.0 and that is why you have the initial climb. When it starts to drop, a week normally has gone by and its time for a nute change. You will also notice if you grow for a while that the ph in your tap water changes with the climate change of your area so check your ph always before adjusting it. Main reason why I strive for 6.0 is actually broken down to several reasons. MJ plants are well known to thrive at 6.0(Even in its most natural habitat away from human intervention). Many hydro nutrients and fertilizers have natural or manmade ph buffers that keeps the nute water stable for longer periods at a time.(Best stability number I have found is 6.0ph)The last one is water is naturally more stable in ph when you try to maintain a stable ph higher than 5.7.

Using RODI water might be based on a different set of rules.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom