Best quantum lights available?

I dove head first into HLG quantum boards, 260 xw pre assembled. Bright white no blurples. Just completed first grow / scrog in a 3" x 3" tent. 4 plants 5 week veg, flower time 55 - 65 days. ended up 442 grams of dry flower

It's a brand name.

The ''thing'' is called Middle Power Diodes, which are high efficiency blue diodes with a phosphor coating that makes up the spectrum ie. 3000K.

It's about two things, firstly and most importantly it's about electrical efficiency AKA efficacy, which means how much of the energy you put into the unit is converted to light and how much is converted to heat (wasted energy).
The second thing is the wide spectrum which is less tangible, and with the level of knowledge we have about light and plants the lighting technology is way ahead of the basic how's and why's needed to use said technology properly.

A single board with +288 diodes is fine for 2x2, I recommend looking at Atreum, they have cheap board+heatsink combos.
So I'd basically need one of the 288.1 kits, over each plant ?

so...... 1152 diodes for a 4X4?
I'm challenged when it comes to math

Yes, 4x 288 :)

So 2 288 kits, for a 4x4, and will that produce as well as one 600w
hps in same 4x4?

You need 4x 288 kits for 4x4.

You can't compare 1:1 with HID, but as a rule of thumb you get 50% more light per watt, so 4x 288 @ 600w combined gives you the same light as 900w HID.

So 2 288 kits, for a 4x4, and will that produce as well as one 600w
hps in same 4x4?
Ouch !!!so to get the same as 1200 hps I use now for a 2mx2m I would need 8xkits at roughly £400 a kit , so £1600 as opposed to £200 to save half in electricity use. I still get stuck in this mindset with them.

At that point it's better to diy some QBs

Then you get the layout and size u need

Plus it's a lot cheaper
I am fairly competent but when I try to get all the talk on qb and chips Dec... I go blank and lose the understanding real quick. Any tips on where to start. I know wifey won't wear me blowing 800 quid in lights .Lol and she wears MY trousers before anyone comments. Lol . Would love to give them a go but where the hell to start. Doh

Lol

Easy is figure out yer space

The ones I like best are the qb132 and qb120 bds
Easy to run a bunch with a couple drivers and coverva large area

The QB132 is nice cuz I can have em less than 12" away from the tops and no issues

PM me if ya want more in-depth info, cooking now so time is tight....lol

Yes, 4x 288 :)

You need 4x 288 kits for 4x4.

You can't compare 1:1 with HID, but as a rule of thumb you get 50% more light per watt, so 4x 288 @ 600w combined gives you the same light as 900w HID.
But i care about the amount of product, and amt. of electric used, not how bright the light shines. And why can't they be compared ?

I’m on my first grow in a 5x5x7 growneer tent and have 2 Viparspectra 600w lights in there too. I’m just starting my 2nd week of flowering with 8 strains in there (link to journal below) Been finding them growing nicely but I was seeing some sides drooping from lack of light getting to them. So I was rotating the pots to give them a fair share of light. Read up on how great these HLG Lights are and decided tonight to spend a shit ton of money on a HLG 600H assembled kit 3000k with dimmer switch. Hoping the huge investment will pay off for a good yield. Hopefully get it sometime next week and get it installed. Probably use my Viparspectra for my next grow with the seedlings or try and convince the family that I should get a 2nd tent to throw them in to get a perpetual grow on. Either way I can’t wait to see my new toy to arrive and watch my girls thrive

The word ''kit'' is obviously being misunderstood here, a kit can be with any number of boards, it just means you get all the parts to assemble a lamp with X boards yourself.

Ouch !!!so to get the same as 1200 hps I use now for a 2mx2m I would need 8xkits at roughly £400 a kit , so £1600 as opposed to £200 to save half in electricity use. I still get stuck in this mindset with them.

If you use 1200w HID for 4m2 you're waaaaay underlit, to fully saturate 1m2 you need a 1000w SE.

For 4m2 you need 3200 diodes, that's 11,11x 288 boards, and just getting 9 would be completely and utterly amazeballs compared to 2x 600w HPS in that space ☺

But i care about the amount of product, and amt. of electric used, not how bright the light shines. And why can't they be compared ?

The photons is what creates flowers and cannabinoids, so the first thing you care about is how ''bright'' the light shines!

It's like apples and oranges, each has its own selling point.

HID = Omnidirectional single point of light, HPS ~2200K with heat being radiated, medium efficacy.
More light than can be used by the plants just under the (+600w) bulb, and not enough light when you exit the immediate 2x2 area under the bulb.
See inverse square law.
Cheap upfront, good if you need to heat you growroom.

Middle power diodes = Multiple directional points of light, CCT of choice/ broad spectrum, heat dissapates upwards, high efficacy.
Medium upfront cost, long term investment.

The word ''kit'' is obviously being misunderstood here, a kit can be with any number of boards, it just means you get all the parts to assemble a lamp with X boards yourself.

If you use 1200w HID for 4m2 you're waaaaay underlit, to fully saturate 1m2 you need a 1000w SE.

For 4m2 you need 3200 diodes, that's 11,11x 288 boards, and just getting 9 would be completely and utterly amazeballs compared to 2x 600w HPS in that space ☺

The photons is what creates flowers and cannabinoids, so the first thing you care about is how ''bright'' the light shines!

It's like apples and oranges, each has its own selling point.

HID = Omnidirectional single point of light, HPS ~2200K with heat being radiated, medium efficacy.
More light than can be used by the plants just under the (+600w) bulb, and not enough light when you exit the immediate 2x2 area under the bulb.
See inverse square law.
Cheap upfront, good if you need to heat you growroom.

Middle power diodes = Multiple directional points of light, CCT of choice/ broad spectrum, heat dissapates upwards, high efficacy.
Medium upfront cost, long term investment.

I Tryed to send a pm to you but couldn’t find where this function is?

Back
Top Bottom