Best quantum lights available?

Wouldn’t it be great if someone with great knowledge in this put up a complete guide and with links to wich parts one should buy.
I dont understand any of this
But I can do the wiring I just dont know what all the stuffs are and their names.

For me a dreampost would be like:

My room is 137cm * 150 cm
What should I buy?

You should buy 1 of these:
Link

And two of these :
Link

5 of these:
Link

Etc
I know, its lazy. But I have so much to read and learn that I cant fit everything in..

If you want to build a DIY strip light I think THIS ARTICLE is exactly what you are asking for. I built mine using the 3x3 Bridgelux example from the article. My first run with the new light, which replaced some old style blurple LED's, netted me 6oz more than my previous best grow.

The word ''kit'' is obviously being misunderstood here, a kit can be with any number of boards, it just means you get all the parts to assemble a lamp with X boards yourself.

If you use 1200w HID for 4m2 you're waaaaay underlit, to fully saturate 1m2 you need a 1000w SE.

For 4m2 you need 3200 diodes, that's 11,11x 288 boards, and just getting 9 would be completely and utterly amazeballs compared to 2x 600w HPS in that space ☺

The photons is what creates flowers and cannabinoids, so the first thing you care about is how ''bright'' the light shines!

It's like apples and oranges, each has its own selling point.

HID = Omnidirectional single point of light, HPS ~2200K with heat being radiated, medium efficacy.
More light than can be used by the plants just under the (+600w) bulb, and not enough light when you exit the immediate 2x2 area under the bulb.
See inverse square law.
Cheap upfront, good if you need to heat you growroom.

Middle power diodes = Multiple directional points of light, CCT of choice/ broad spectrum, heat dissapates upwards, high efficacy.
Medium upfront cost, long term investment.
My room is a 2 m x 2m to apex roof. I have my cool tubes in line and venting straight through so doesn't get way too hot. Below lights on hot outside night too but now going into autumn ect.. so will be helpful.
I do get decent yields and quality from them too. I Would love to be able to chance a change if it gave better results for me. What size board wouldbi need for that area. The actual used space would be a little less to allow for getting round it for maintenance etc.. i do think i would be ok building them but so confusing with all the tech terms and buying the correct K ones. Been looking at hlg ones for comparisons ect..

My room is a 2 m x 2m to apex roof. I have my cool tubes in line and venting straight through so doesn't get way too hot. Below lights on hot outside night too but now going into autumn ect.. so will be helpful.
I do get decent yields and quality from them too. I Would love to be able to chance a change if it gave better results for me. What size board wouldbi need for that area. The actual used space would be a little less to allow for getting round it for maintenance etc.. i do think i would be ok building them but so confusing with all the tech terms and buying the correct K ones. Been looking at hlg ones for comparisons ect..

Just measure your active grow-area in m2 and multiply by 800 diodes ;)

Get 3000K for full cycle.

The standard board size is 288 diodes, but there are other types.

There are official HLG retailers in Spain and UK, but it might be worthwhile ordering the Atreum board+heasink combo from The States, drivers from TME.eu in Poland, and source wagos and wire locally.

Just measure your active grow-area in m2 and multiply by 800 diodes ;)

Get 3000K for full cycle.
H
The standard board size is 288 diodes, but there are other types.

There are official HLG retailers in Spain and UK, but it might be worthwhile ordering the Atreum board+heasink combo from The States, drivers from TME.eu in Poland, and source wagos and wire locally.
Very nearly understood that ( my tech issues not your knowledge friend)
This is where I get a bit lost. The maffs has me every time. I assume I am 2m squared so 1600 diodes divided among 6 boards so 6x boards and heat sinks , a driver ( power pack is this?) What is wagos ? .
Thank you for the info

So to cover a 4x4 tent, with enough boards to replace a 1000 SE, or can 1000WSE be replaced by LEDS. But if that can be accomplished, I'm figuring it would cost right at $2000, which my woman will have a heart attack if she finds out , that I'm even thinking about spending that sort of $$ !!

You can do it for much much cheaper

I'd say I have, ruffly, $400 into my diy QBs

That's 600w of QBs, and if u look at my journal, plenty of light for my 4x4

Kicks the 600w HPS ass bigtime

You can do it for much much cheaper

I'd say I have, ruffly, $400 into my diy QBs

That's 600w of QBs, and if u look at my journal, plenty of light for my 4x4

Kicks the 600w HPS ass bigtime
Chris Scorpio, When I get ready to pull the trigger, I'll contact you ? only one of your signature link work, and I think it's the wrong journal ? I see nothing pertaining to QBs ?

Trying to find what page you got the QBs, but can't yet ?
Goodness I have no clue

I'd search my thread for words like
New QBs
Build

What are ya wanting to see

Goodness I have no clue

I'd search my thread for words like
New QBs
Build

What are ya wanting to see
Ha !! Dummy me !! I was looking for pics. of the light and box they came in !! i want to see how the girls responded to the QBs, and your yield size, from some of those lady's.

Very nearly understood that ( my tech issues not your knowledge friend)
This is where I get a bit lost. The maffs has me every time. I assume I am 2m squared so 1600 diodes divided among 6 boards so 6x boards and heat sinks , a driver ( power pack is this?) What is wagos ? .
Thank you for the info

6x 288 boards is gonna be mean for 2 m2

A driver is a power supply that converts AC to DC.

Wagos are handy little wire connectors, a google image search for wago will show you :)

So to cover a 4x4 tent, with enough boards to replace a 1000 SE, or can 1000WSE be replaced by LEDS. But if that can be accomplished, I'm figuring it would cost right at $2000, which my woman will have a heart attack if she finds out , that I'm even thinking about spending that sort of $$ !!

4x ~130w QB lamps:

4 x Atreum 288.2 board+heatsink = $300
4x Mean Well HLG 120H - 54A LED driver = $225
10 x 2 port Wago connectors =$5
10' 18AWG (0,75mm2) solid wire = $5
4x AC connector = $10
4x AC plug with wire = $15

Total = $560

Having several lamps is pretty useful when some plants decide to out-stretch the others :)

You would probably be best served by getting the Ver 2 boards unless there is some specific reason you need the Ver 1
The Ver 2 use the LM301B diodes and they're more efficient than the previous version
As far as color, 2700K is best for flowering, 3000K is a good choice for both veg and flower, 3500K and 4000K
are best used for veg

If I order 6 of these boards and 6 heatsinks how do I know what drivers needed for them?
I very much rather buy the drivers here in my country for different reasons like custom costs and that I have a friend who can buy good drivers to low prices.

Some drivers are like 350mA, 700mA etc with constant current and different watt.

I dont know how to explain this in english but I hope someone gets me.

But if u need a driver for halogenlight you only need to know the lenght of the wire and Watts.

But led drivers are different.

6x 288 boards is gonna be mean for 2 m2

A driver is a power supply that converts AC to DC.

Wagos are handy little wire connectors, a google image search for wago will show you :)

Thank you for that breakdown mate. Is very useful to know and consider. Will be saving up and thinking of an excuse as to how i got them !!!.

4x ~130w QB lamps:

4 x Atreum 288.2 board+heatsink = $300
4x Mean Well HLG 120H - 54A LED driver = $225
10 x 2 port Wago connectors =$5
10' 18AWG (0,75mm2) solid wire = $5
4x AC connector = $10
4x AC plug with wire = $15

Total = $560

Having several lamps is pretty useful when some plants decide to out-stretch the others :)

Back
Top Bottom