Best quantum lights available?

Folite is the key word here
if you google folite LED, you'll get hits showing it's a QB type board from China?
I watched a YouTube vid of an unboxing
304 refers to the number of diodes
3000K is the color temp of the diodes
It then gives some specs of the PCB board itself
The 660nm is referring to I think far red I think (don't quote me on that)
304 is comprised of 256 diodes Samsung and 48 of the Epistar diodes
Personally, I'm not familiar with this type of board, but I have seen and heard of them
It uses a standard Meanwell driver
If I were going to order it, I'd probably just get it from the HLG website, but thats just me
Hope this helps

if you google folite LED, you'll get hits showing it's a QB type board from China?
Personally, I'm not familiar with this type of board, but I have seen and heard of them
If I were going to order it, I'd probably just get it from the HLG website, but thats just me
Hope this helps

Ya I'm curious of the cost of Alibaba vs Hlg myself

Time to dive in and edumacate myself

And missed the two types of diods, good call, more to research

Hope this helps

That helps a ton. Thanks a lot :)

What I found in my old life with things like LiPo batteries, there are just a few places in China that manufacturer them. They then offer custom labeling and boxing etc

Same as these boards. I see they offer custom labeling, min 50bds,

Interesting indeed

I think I’ll re-read this thread yet again and chase down some other rabbit holes. This company I quoted the email from is making me work much too hard at this. :)

Your learning, that's a good thing
Not that THEY are making you, no difference than going to Hlg site and not understanding

You can pull up exact the system they are showing you, read, watch videos, then go to Hlg and do the same

Easy peasy

If you have time PGR that would be much appreciated. Bottom line though- I may not care so much about this particular light and the specs on it, as I care about finding a good LED setup in general. I’m now looking through the Atreum site you mentioned earlier - much more user friendly.

I have two 600s in flowering- each covering an area of about 4’ x 4’. They’re in a 8’ x 8’ room so I can reconfigure things however- replace one 600, or just add an LED board or two for now.

I’ll retain one of the 600s for heating purposes for now though.

Thanks Stunned. It’s a lot more than I need. But it gives me room to grow a lot of random weird strains and long flowering sativas and whatnot. In future I’ll probably shrink it down. For now the fun of playing around is worth the extra power bill.

This just came in my mail. Cant wait to hang it.

Attachments

• hgl1.jpg
    hgl1.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 77
  • hlg 2.jpg
    hlg 2.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 83
Much respect. I'm very mechanically inclined but I can't solder worth a damn. I can sweat pipe (same basic principal) but you put the soldering iron in my hand and I turn epileptic. Wagos were a gift from the gods in my case.
HAhah:rofl::bravo:

This just came in my mail. Cant wait to hang it.

those are good, check out the diode density on these, 3000k with some more red spectrum ChilLED Logic 100w PCB - LED Grow Lights - Commercial Grower Max Yields | ChilLED Tech

Your learning, that's a good thing
Not that THEY are making you, no difference than going to Hlg site and not understanding

You can pull up exact the system they are showing you, read, watch videos, then go to Hlg and do the same

Easy peasy

In one of my trucks I bought recently, it came tricked out with some sort of kick-ass stereo system. The actual unit is so damn obtuse though, it’s all but useless. Each button leads to a complex chain of advanced stereophile gibberish. Made for stereo geeks that love nothing better than to spent months of their lives dissecting the finer points of hi fidelity audio. It takes a two week training course to figure out how to turn up the bass.

I like learning stuff. Some people really enjoy delving into the technical end, some don’t, or don’t have time. I might have had the time to enjoy this stuff in my younger days, but now I don’t, if ya know what I mean.
I just want to have a listen to some damn music while I drive :) And I just want a good light to grow plants with.
:passitleft:

If you have time PGR that would be much appreciated. Bottom line though- I may not care so much about this particular light and the specs on it, as I care about finding a good LED setup in general. I’m now looking through the Atreum site you mentioned earlier - much more user friendly.

I have two 600s in flowering- each covering an area of about 4’ x 4’. They’re in a 8’ x 8’ room so I can reconfigure things however- replace one 600, or just add an LED board or two for now.

I’ll retain one of the 600s for heating purposes for now though.

The lamp/kit offered is somewhat similar to the one posted by @raymont above.
A 2 board lamp that draws ~240w and covers up to 2x4.
Can't be sure about the middle power diodes used though...

660nm is Photo Red, the most photosynthetically efficient wavelength, hence the old red/blue LEDs.
Epistar diodes are not high quality.

Atreum 288.2 has been tested by LEDGardener, who measured almost identical PPFD compared to HLG QB288V2.

I highly recommend getting the single board, heatsink and driver option whichever board type you end up choosing, it requires more hangers but makes your light much more adjustable to your plants.

Back
Top Bottom