Best soil to use for auto flowers

ChristianV2461

420 Member
This will be my very first grow..... soil and nutrients are confusing me so much. From research I found that fox farm ocean forest is pretty good?...... What would be the best soil to us for some Northern Lights and Candy Kush autoflowers?
Thanks

This will be my very first grow..... soil and nutrients are confusing me so much. From research I found that fox farm ocean forest is pretty good?...... What would be the best soil to us for some Northern Lights and Candy Kush autoflowers?
Thanks
Promix has an organic pre mixed bag I’d look at for autos myself might need bit of boost in flower but heard ph water and enjoy ✊

auto dont like too many nutes , it stunts them , gor for something plain that you can then feed when they show signs of hunger , never had luck in super soils with autos
I am on the fence for that one...my experience comes down to some auto strains perform better than others in the same soil...I have had seeds not germ and others thrive...same soil. A compromise is to start them in a smaller container of 50/50 mix of soil and perlite/coco/whatever you have and then if they pop and doing fine they should be good in full blown soil. I am water only and I need them to make it to the end of the grow, so I use 7g pots and they do fine. I have gotten blasted here saying autos are "light feeders", but some just are....

Here is a Northern Light (auto) ready for harvest in a 7g soil...water only

Same soil, same size pot, OG Kush from @SeedsMan ...I'm def growing her again!

lol is this stunted enough do you think pmsl 1725319

beautiful plants my friend , ive changed to coco now lol , maybe its just me and soil as now i can pull 9 once off an auto when i do it right and take my time
Yep, I def think coco yields more...but more work than I am interested in investing...I like that I can leave my plants for 3-4 days on their own to do their thing...fits my (lazyass) schedule.

I use Pro Mix BX. I tried Coco, but it didn't fit my watering style (don't like watering daily). With the Pro Mix BX it can be more like every 3 days. It has no nutritional value so you add fertilizer to every watering. I prefer knowing what I'm putting in rather than guessing what's in the soil and wondering when it's going to run out and how much fertilizer I need to add. I use Dyna Gro Foliage Pro as my main fertilizer, it's pretty simple. I just ordered some Mega Crop that I'll use on my next grow. It looks like it could be easier yet (plus it's cheap compared to other brands). If you're interested, Google Mega Crop and go to their website. You can get a 300 gram sample that will make about 75 gallons of feed for free (you pay shipping). It cost me $4.33 to get it shipped to my door. That less than half the cost of buying it on Amazon which includes shipping.

If I’m using 3 gallon pots for my autos, Should I use Promix BX alone in the pot... or should it be mixed with anything else before planting.
Also, I really like the mega crop fertilizer. I think I will be using this suggestion with the pro mix BX for my first try grow.
Thanks

If I’m using 3 gallon pots for my autos, Should I use Promix BX alone in the pot... or should it be mixed with anything else before planting.
Also, I really like the mega crop fertilizer. I think I will be using this suggestion with the pro mix BX for my first try grow.
Thanks

Pro Mix BX straight out of the bag. Nothing else needed.

Can I just use the Pro-Mix BX and Mega Crop fertilizer throughout the entire grow cycle.

Yep. My plan when I move to Mega Crop is start at 1g per gallon of water from day 1 of seedling. Increase by 1g every week until you reach 5g at week 5 and then maintain that level. That's basically what I do with the Dyna Gro Foliage Pro only replace grams with milliliters.

As far as nutrients for the Pro-Mix and FFOF mixture? Will I eventually need some. Which nutrients are best ?
If you use the Pro-Mix Organic it has a lot of time released nutrients...totally different media than Pro-Mix BX which is mostly peat (similar to coco).

Back
Top Bottom