Best Vape For Distillates

hedzenmedz

We just purchased a water / oil distiller and over the next few days, we will produce some Indica cannabis oil (L.A. Confidential). Not knowing anything about vape pens with refillable oil cartridges, we would love to hear from the team what the best vape pen is (easy to fill cartridges, heat options, et al). Looking forward to your thoughts.

No affordable pen system will work long term, or even short term reliably for thickened juices or extract. You'd want to look for a dedicated extract vaping pen, some are just like normal vape pens but instead of a tank they have a little nail or crevice where you put the extract. You can even use a tank with some of those, but like I said the tanks probably won't be worth a damn for anything but high PG (runny) ejuice. The extract specific vaping ones work pretty well for the $30 or so it would cost, I used one for about three months before it hit the skids. Didn't really vaporize, kinda just smoked it. Few pens have dictated heat settings, if they do it's only generally variable and not exact at all. They also gunk up horribly over time, so pick up a few spare coils with it.

Also know that when mixing cannabis extracts with PG in ejuice it will steadily lose potency, if that's your intention. You'd want to make small batches.

Hi Gator - thanks for the reply and your thoughts. I just ordered a ccell for my wife so we’ll see if the distillates/oil help her more than the edible oils and vaping herb. What does PG stand for? By the way, love your pug plane (doggy drone). Cheers.

No sweat man, PG stands for propylene glycol, it's the more watery fluid that is used as the base liquids in ejuices. Thicker juices will have a higher content of vegetable glycerin (VG), and those thicker juices can have a hard time navigating a lot of pen tanks' fluid passages that allow it to wick to the coil without leaking out of the device's intake air holes. A lot of pen systems have really stiff airflow for this reason, and they would have a hard time with heavy extracted fluids. My point was basically don't plan to wick anything very well, a design with a compartment for herbs and extracts instead of a tank will do you the best.

Man... this is right on time @GatorGumbo ! Your words assure me in my own discoveries. Thanks.
I just ordered both PG and VG the other day. Got some disposable tanks and various filling accoutrements. Thick batch of honey just waiting to be mixed up.
I'm going to use just PG for my first try. I'm thinking 1/2 and 1/2.

Hmmm.... "Gator Gumbo"... never tried it, but luv me sum grilled tail and see no reason it wouldn't work in gumbo. Damn... I'll have to get some gator from the market.

Hi Gator - thanks for the reply and your thoughts. I just ordered a ccell for my wife so we’ll see if the distillates/oil help her more than the edible oils and vaping herb. What does PG stand for? By the way, love your pug plane (doggy drone). Cheers.

Ccell is one of the best vape carts on the commercial market currently but just be careful that you are ordering from an authorized vendor. There are a lot of fake and replica CCell carts on the market, many of which are contaminating cannabis distillates with heavy metals such as lead and other undesirables.

No sweat man, PG stands for propylene glycol, it's the more watery fluid that is used as the base liquids in ejuices. Thicker juices will have a higher content of vegetable glycerin (VG), and those thicker juices can have a hard time navigating a lot of pen tanks' fluid passages that allow it to wick to the coil without leaking out of the device's intake air holes. A lot of pen systems have really stiff airflow for this reason, and they would have a hard time with heavy extracted fluids. My point was basically don't plan to wick anything very well, a design with a compartment for herbs and extracts instead of a tank will do you the best.

I am very new to vaping concentrates, but have been researching it extensively and wicking just does not seem to be viable.
I only have straws at the present, but will get a dab rig at some point. Just wish there were a way to go mobile

Has anyone checked this out.
Calling them tomorrow to get some answers to questions I have.
Dab Pen WASP Wax Air Vape

I am really surprised no one mentioned the VLD Vfire for distillate oil! There is nothing but good reviews on it online. I encourage you to check out the link I provided and read the review of it and distillate oil.

Has anyone checked this out.
Calling them tomorrow to get some answers to questions I have.
Dab Pen WASP Wax Air Vape
did you go for this in the end @gr865
im looking around at these atm
these look nice as do the dr dabber ghost and kandypen too.
want a stealthy one lol

did you go for this in the end @gr865
im looking around at these atm
these look nice as do the dr dabber ghost and kandypen too.
want a stealthy one lol

I bought the Evolve Plus concentrate pen with the Ceramic Donut coil.
Like it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom