Best veg lighting for a 3x2x3 tent

Hey engineer , my 4x4 veg box is about 4 feet tall and i "had" a 4 foot , 8.tube T5 lighting it up which worked awesome BUT produced way way to much heat in my box. Luckily my T5 has two switches to shut off the inner 4 tubes leaving 2 tubes lit up on each side which works perfect for me and keeps my temps right around 76-79 degrees . My baby plants seem to love how things are currently. I get no stretching at all. Just remember t5 WILL produce som heat. I have 950 watts of LED in my bloom tent and my T5 was getting WAY hotter then my two LEDs in a closed tent. P.S my veg box doesn't even have a door as I run it 24/7 and still with no door and all 8 tubes lit was reaching temps of 88-89 degree (ambient temp is 65 degrees in the room it's in) so me running all 8 tubes was technically a waist as I do not need that much light! So if you have two separate areas to grow in then I'd use either a T5 or an LED . I prefer t5 for veg because it's a lot cheaper initially and save my money for Bloom options.

T5 is a decent option, but with the old style Mars Hydro 300s for $63 shipped, it's cheaper than a 2'x2' T5 setup.

yes he is correct... I have mars LED's for in my flower room :thumb: and just started using smaller mars unit with my T5 for veg

Back
Top Bottom