best wat to get rid of smell

glassbowls

well iv been off this site for a vary vary long time. havent been able to keep track of my grows. all have been out door so far since my last indoor a few years back. anyways glad to be back and with in the next three months im shooting to be able to start up another indoor grow. the plan is to buy some 8-10 weed indy seeds and find a good mother and then the perpetual sog will begin. more details on that when i get it started. i cant wait but this will only be my 5 indoor grow and my last one's didnt make it to budding b4 having to be moved out side. the main point is can i get away with using a couple of air purifiers or do i have to build a carbon scrubber. smell will be a big factor because im moving into a rather small apartment. any advice welcome stay high and grow that green everyone :thanks:

Glass out

well iv been off this site for a vary vary long time. havent been able to keep track of my grows. all have been out door so far since my last indoor a few years back. anyways glad to be back and with in the next three months im shooting to be able to start up another indoor grow. the plan is to buy some 8-10 weed indy seeds and find a good mother and then the perpetual sog will begin. more details on that when i get it started. i cant wait but this will only be my 5 indoor grow and my last one's didnt make it to budding b4 having to be moved out side. the main point is can i get away with using a couple of air purifiers or do i have to build a carbon scrubber. smell will be a big factor because im moving into a rather small apartment. any advice welcome stay high and grow that green everyone :thanks:

Glass out

Get an activated carbon air filter and inline fan. Its the most effective way to fully eliminate the smell.

can i buy one of these that i would be able to refill when needed? or should i just make on im guessing that making one would be cheaper and easier to refill.

glass out

There Are carbon filters that are refillable. Mine is and I've had it refilled, don't know the brand but I know that any shop that sells loose, activated charcoal should be able to tell u how to refill or if it can even be done on a particular filter. I was told a lot of older filters are refillable and most of the newer ones aren't (so u buy a whole new one). also an ozone generator is another odor solutions for an indoor setup. Depending upon the strain, time released odor neutralizer sprayers work (i've been told). Hope u got the answer u were looking for.

Yeah, what they've done is replaced screws with rivets and/or removed the refill access holes.

All you have to do to make one refillable is to drill out the rivets and replace them with self-tapping sheet metal screws.

That actually makes them much easier to refill and you can pack more carbon in than trying to refill them through a small access hole.

It's a cinch to do.

I hate being forced to buy something that I can service myself and I won't let the bastards do that to me if I can help it, lol.

ss

I use a 5 gallon bucket for mine. Cut a 6 inch hole in the lid,stick a 6" X 1' piece of chimney in it with a piece of panty hose on the end, fill the bucket with activated carbon,brill a bunch of 1/4" holes in the lid and stick a 6" fan on it and wallah, you got an easily servicable carbon scrubber.

Good info. to share, one of the number one reasons people get pinched

One other alternative is to grow low smelling strains,

One I suggest is called "TROPI-CANNA"

Breeder D
:peace:

I use a 5 gallon bucket for mine. Cut a 6 inch hole in the lid,stick a 6" X 1' piece of chimney in it with a piece of panty hose on the end, fill the bucket with activated carbon,brill a bunch of 1/4" holes in the lid and stick a 6" fan on it and wallah, you got an easily servicable carbon scrubber.

Sounds like a great design, got any pics for us looking to replicate it?

Back
Top Bottom