Best way to clean a glass bowl

Ollie

I recently got a new bowl about a month ago and it's starting to need a cleaning. I'm wondering what is the best method of cleaning a glass bowl? I used to have a glass piece which I would boil to clean it, which I was told after it broke makes the bowl weaker. So any help would be much apprecia :tommy: ted.

i did this just the other day, get a nice big bowl or cup and fill it about 3/4 full with water...then heat up the cup or bowl for about 2 mins or until smokin (not boilin!). Drop ur peice in the cup and let it sit for about 5 mins....then get a tooth pick, golf tee, cotton swap, etc. and clean out the remaining resin.

when i clean my glass bowl i try to get all the resin wit a toothpick, then i get wats left wit some water n qtips, works perfectly

Zacaboo288 said:
why is this? do you mean the resin left over? because that is not pot. pot is something beautiful and generous, whereas resin is the excrement left from using it. if you dig smokin shit and coating your lungs with it for a buzz, by all means. i would recommend to anyone to clean your piece regularly or as often as possible for a cleaner healthier smoke rather than scraping it for a last resort.
I think he ment like the cooking :goof: pot... lol

how well does that 420 solution i see in head shops work? the resin has just too thick for boiling water i think...

Zacaboo288 said:
420 solutions are comprised mostly of alcohol and salt (stuff you can find around your house). The trace amounts of other ingredients in the solutions only aid in the amount of time it takes to clean the piece. A few hours is enough time to soak a piece in some rubbing alcohol in a small ziplock bag. Add salt and shake the piece around to aid in scrubbing.

Thats what im doing right now, And have been for years.

Thats the best way and quickest way to clean a pipe throughly.

Put salt and rubbing alcohol in a ziplock bag. Then shake it every so often and let is sit. Then after letting it stay for however long, I use steaming hot water from the faucet and rinse it out and put salt in the bowl and rinse it out, Do that a couple times.

Cleans it so its almost as clean as brand new.

Yeah, Alcohol is THE BEST way.. Especially if you use salt or white rice. The rice works really really well to beat the loosened resin off the bowl.. Hope it helps.

Dawn Power degreaser I said this in a thread a while ago, but it really does work best. just spray it let it sit and rinse with hot water. Resin all gone. I know I sound like a Dawn pimp but that shit is pretty cool so fuck it.

Very cool thanks to everybody for the advice, this little pothead very much appreciates it. Next time I get my hands on some rubbing alcohol I think I'll give that method a try. I just realized something that may sound pretty stupid but my bowl is one of the color changing ones. when I first got it it was clear and now it's blue, does anyone know if the cleaning process will effect that at all? I don't mind either way I'm just curious.

Once again thanks for everyone's advice I just cleaned it and it looks great, not exactly as clear as when I first got it, but it's clean so I'm not worried. Now I can't wait to pack it nice and full.

HAHA420 said:
how well does that 420 solution i see in head shops work? the resin has just too thick for boiling water i think...
420 Solution is basically alcohol and salt...
Just mix the two together and you have basically the same thing for a lot cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom