Best way to flush in soil?

GSCookies

What is the best way to flush my soil befor i start to flower my Girl Scout Cookies. They are 4 weeks old and are about 30 inch tall. I have been using Biobizz nutrients. I have heard to flush befor i switch to 12/12 is that true?:peace:

Man you're growing some monsters!

Everyone has their own methods when growing Cannabis. Some will flush before harvest, some flush every other feeding, and some only flush before harvest.

If you do decide to flush before 12/12 be sure to have a great run-off from the pots so you know that the water is flowing through the entire pot.

JJ Bones lol they are some monsters. I am using Prune pots for the first time and i am going to have my wife hold the pot over a 5 gal bucket while i pour some 6.0 PH water to flush them. Do you think that would work. I will post some photos later. Thanks for your help

I recommend just tilting the pots a tad while you flush them. For example, put the pot on a small step outside, so the bottom is tilted and it can run-off.

Or use the bath tub.

Those pots get heavy especially with 30" plants and water in the soil

If using chemical/synthetic nutrients flushing every couple of weeks is a pracitical method to reduce risk of chemical salt build ups in the soil which may lead to nutrient lock outs & toxicity problems being that they are in a more chelated form readly aviable for the plant to use !

Organic nutrients are slightly more slow release & require soil microbes, benifical bacteria/fungi to help break them down in the soil to make them aviable to the plant to use, flushing not really pracitical with organics tho...

A majority of growers will flush towards end of the flowering cycle tho !

E.g The last two weeks before harvest time commence's aka just using plain old water for the last two weeks so that plants can use remaining nutrients up in the soil/growing medium for a sweeter tasty bud smoke wise.

Feeding up to the end of flowering/harvesting may make the bud smoke harsh more so with chemical/synthetic nutrients than organic nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom