Best way to germ seeds?

berrydizzle

Ok, so I am going to be germinating 11 white russian seeds in about a week, and I need to know if the way I am going to do it will work. I am going to let the seeds soak in water in a dark place overnight to start the germination. Then I am going to wet a paper towel, put the seeds in and fold them up, then put the paper towel in a plastic bag. Ill blow air into the bag and zip it up to seal the air, and then put it in a closet that stays pretty warm over the course of the day. I will replace the air in the bag a couple of times. Now once the seeds have popped out(ive done it this way before, takes less than 24 hours) I will plant them directly into the soil pots. They will either be 4inch or 1 gallon pots. So once I plant with the taproot down and moisten the soil, should I get a layer of seran wrap to cover the top of the pots till the seedling emerges from the soil, or should I just let it sit under the light?
Appreciate the help guys, and there will be a grow journal for this.

Re: Best way to germ seeds???

I just soak mine overnight and plant ~POP~ before you know it!
Keep the top of the soil moist and not soaked...be sure not to let them dry out and watch your light and you should be fine!
Good luck!

EK

i'm no grow master but i like the paper towel in a baggie method. its worked the best for me and i've tried most methods mentioned on site here. i don't soak them. i just wet the paper towel and lay the seed in there and fold it over. i also like to leave mine geminating longer than recommended. i keep them moist until the root is really out there before i plant them. it works for me, but i don't pay for seeds so i don't worry as much about it.

good luck!

I too use the paper towel and baggie method. . . it seems the most consistant for me. . .however I do soak them, but just for a few hours. . . I have it in my head that softening the shell speeds up the "pop". Plus any seeds that fall to the bottom when in the water, I throw away. . bad seeds. . . no planting for you.

Bagz :peace:

True...last time i germed my bubble gum's I soaked them overnight and then went to the paper towel baggie method. All the seeds were popped within 24 hours of being in the bag, most of them between 12 and 18 hours. I just messed something up putting the seeds in rockwool cause only 9 out of the 15 popped up. Thats why I am using the soil method this time. Should I let the seeds have a good little root coming out and then plant that root downwards?

I just drop em in distilled water for like 48 hours and they usually have a nice n long lil taproot on em. I find the paper towel method takes much longer than just letting em pop in a cup of water. Just my opinion and it works great for me EVERY time.

when you germinate using to baggie method, am I supposed to close the baggie or leave it open giving it oxygen?

Close it. Before you do, take a deep breath and fill the bag with your breath. Open the bag and breathe into the bag every 6 hours or so(if you can), replacing the air. This will keep the air fresh and the seeds like whatever you are breathing out. They should germinate in less than 24 hours. Be sure the paper towel is moist and put the seeds in a warm, dark place. I use an upper shelf in my closet.

i've found the best way to germinate seeds is to let them sit in a wet paper towel/tissue for a few days. i don't think it makes too much difference except to the speed at which it germinates... though for best results after the germination is to put the sprouting seed into a peat moss disc.

ya paper towel method works best haha unless your a dumbass like me and you forget aboout the seeds only to find little green plants being deterioted by the water hehe..... but nice choice i love white russian not the easiest plant to grow but its got a very "fruity" sugary smell to it gets u really baked too. smooth smoke as well. and the bag method kinda sounds like a pain in the ass maybe its faster or something i don't know but i like to use two dooed plates, invert them and place them on top of one another with the towel inside the plates, this shape keeps the moisture inside the plates making it easier so you only have to refresh the moisture every couple days or so, though ts good to check every day

The best way is to let them soak in a cup of water after 24 hours, all the seeds that are good will have sank. Take them out and put them in a paper towel and place the towel in a plastic baggy. Pour about two table spoons of water in the bag and and let the towel soak it up. Put the bag on top of your hot water heater. Check it in 24-48 hours and you will have newborn cannabis. Check out my grow journal for the end result that your looking for. If you just stick them in dirt it could be 7-10 days before you see a sprout. This way you don't plant seeds that aren't going to grow.

Good method, this is basically how I germinate.. . I have begun to find this arguable though

. . .all the seeds that are good will have sank. .

Some seeds are a bit harder, due to age or genetics. Some seeds sink right off the bat, some take a day or two. Some never do, and are perfectly good seeds. . . When I had first started to grow, I was told and believed just the opposite, that the BAD seeds are the ones that sink. . . Both have grown for me, and produced good smoke. . .

Bagz :peace:

Back
Top Bottom