Best way to get resin out of piece so you can smoke it?

I allways thought that was tar and just wash my bong out with 99% iso and coarse sea salt !! I like a clean bong ! That nasty stuff gives me headaches !! :peace: just my 2 cents guys. I've been smokin this weed for over 40 yrs and if I run out I'd rather just wait for the next grow or trip to the disp.!!

resin secretes from your bud. tar comes from your bowl.i like resin,i hate tar.i smoked tar before,desperate and inexperienced. never again, its harmful, taste like ass, gave me headache,and your not really getting "high". so dont smoke tar.:

i find the best way to get most resin is to boil the bowl, strain the water throught a coffee filter, then put the resin on wax paper, then let dry

i have a metal pipe the one that you unscrew ...i have a long flat screwdriver it works goog for my piece it gets alot of resin out i also burn the bowl or any where theres some resin at so it can get soft so i can get the resin out...
i also resin out a glass pipe which is a more harder than the one i got cuz it can break of course so what i do is get a little knife & first burn the bowl a lil bit to get the resin soft then gently start getting the resin out.then when im done with that i get the bobby pin & start getting the resin out of the inside trew the mouth piece or carve. the hard part about the inside is that when you get resin from the inside its hard to get it out of them lil holes so just be patiened & when you done you know what to do!:roorrip:

yea so everybody is dry around here and i am in desperate need for some thc in my system....i need to know the best way to get resin out of my bowl so i will have a good amount to smoke...any advice would be great..thanx:bong:

the way i get resin out of my pipe is by using a dental instrument. hahaha it has 2 ends, one is kind of pointy but bends a little, and the other end is round, which makes it easy to put it in through the clear hole and yeah it gets most of it out if you use it right. i think this is better than to put it in a cup and bla bla bla :) u can probably get it at walmart or sumthing as part of a package with a toothbrush.:peace:

dude get a cup of hot water and leave ure bowl inside of it for like a min or two then take it out and get a skinny screw diver or flat head a really little one that fits thru the holes of ure bowl and scrape it out then put it on paper and when its on paper roll it into a lil ball but wait for it to harden up a bit from the water cuz then ulll rub off all the resin onto ure fingers and lose some resin. then smoke it and get blasted or pack it wit bud. i just finish scrapin mine up and im soo gone. ;$

you can smoke your pipe threw your carb sorta slowly and get to some resin you havent burned yet, sounds crazy but it works :420:

i don;t have a cofee filter, is there anything else i can use for the microwave method?

This is a pretty old thread, but I just did the microwave thing too. I got a shit ton of resin which I'm pretty pumped about but I don't think I coulda done it without the coffee filter. It doesn't get all "pilly" or whatever like papertowel does. It's worth it to go pick up a pack of coffee filters. Plus they dry real fast.

A paper clip works good but I also use a rolling paper to wipe the resin on.When I get alot on the paper i roll it up put it in the bowl and smoke it.Its kinda harsh but burns long!I call them pot pockets haha.
Hell yeah man! I tried that shit and it worked perfectly

The best way I have always used to scrape without the need for alcohol or anything, is to take a few dry hits, to heat the bowl up nice and warm.

Then take a bobby pin or scraper, and get in the areas where resin builds up, corners and crevices like the lining of the bowl, and the walls around the stemp. Don't worry about pulling any out at this point, just mix it around aggressively.

Then take the bowl upside down mouth peice down, and tap it with the palm of your hand. Hard enough to make gravity knock chunks of resin out but don't smash your piece on your palm.

Repeat this process, because it may not start working until the resin cools off. Re-heat occasionally finding the right temperatures and places with built up resin is the key.

A paper clip works good but I also use a rolling paper to wipe the resin on.When I get alot on the paper i roll it up put it in the bowl and smoke it.Its kinda harsh but burns long!I call them pot pockets haha.

You sir, are a genius. I owe you a debt of extreme gratitude. You've given a high point to a stranger having an otherwise extremely shitty night. You may now add +1d6/2 kharma points to all future rolls.
:circle-of-love:

I had to join the forum just to tell you guys thank you so much for posting this! This is probably the best advice I've ever seen and even though it wasn't for me, I appreciate it greatly jj420tx! Thank you!

^ i just did exactly the same, thought i needed to at least give praise to them. currently completely blazed after trying the water/microwave/coffee filter method. thanks everyone!

Let it build up till it's really really thick and nasty. Then ...... smoke it out. What's left after that is worthless. Drop it into a cup full of smoke soap and let it sit overnight.

Back
Top Bottom