Best way to setup fan/carbon filter to get rid of smell inside and outside tent

beast88

Here is my setup:

4x2 grow tent
6x16 carbon flter
Ventech 440cfm inline fan

I will have 3 plants inside the tent flowering, and 6 plants outside the tent vegging. Currently the fan is setup inside the tent, exhaust running outside the house, but the plants outside the tent and drying bud are starting to stick up the entire room. How would you use the fan and filter to get rid of all the smell? Should I run it like a scrubber and not have any exhaust out of the tent or maybe run a y-splitter (2 inlets, 1 line from inside the tent, the other pulling air from in the room) Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
On a side note, I can still smell bud from outside even though the air is being pulled through the filter. Any thoughts?

Nobody has a way to filter the air inside and outside a tent with 1 filter?

I don't think you have to care so much if you have a filter inside the tent. Am starting my new setup soon. and i am just running my filter true the fan and out. I was preparing to buy smell killing boxes as well. To place around my apartment to be ultra stealth. And i think even that is overkill.

If you want to know how to set it up. You can just youtube it. And you will find a lot of good instructions.

Plants vegging outside the tent are getting quite smelly

Well it all depends on how big, your room is? You have to calculate the square feet of the room in volume. To buy a big filter accordingly. Scrubbing a tent clean, is not the same as scrubbing a room. The smaller filters you purchase for tents. I do not believe they can support like a one room apartment.

Have you got a speed controller on the fan? And are the veg plants under a light or in a window?

Simplest solution if you're running them under a separate light and have space by the current tent, is to drop a few bucks on a small tent like 2ft x 2ft (oh, that's a point - I'm assuming your tent is 4ft x 2ft and not 4x2 metres). Set up your veg plants in the small tent then run a section of ducting from the out vent on the veg tent, to the intake on the main tent. Then either dial the speed up until you've got negative pressure in both tents. Your fan noise will increase but provided you get the negative pressure and your filter is decent you should be sorted for smell.

And if you're thinking, "But Jock, you dick, that's like 90 bucks for another tent, can't we do it for free*?" I'd just say that a tent is cheaper than a lawyer.

*You could if you can source a cheap or free cupboard and fancy a project.

Okey i stole this from a guide i found in a page i like to use.

Smell Emergency?

One trick to clear a room of smell that I've learned will work in an emergency is to put an exhaust fan on top of a carbon filter, and run it in the middle of your room. Kind of like this:

1661227970835.png

You don't even have to attach the fan to anything, you can just let the scrubbed air go back into the room. It's pretty amazing how fast this can clear up the whole room!

Credit to Grow Weed Easy - Learn How to Grow Cannabis

hope this will help you. :)

Okey i stole this from a guide i found in a page i like to use.

Smell Emergency?

One trick to clear a room of smell that I've learned will work in an emergency is to put an exhaust fan on top of a carbon filter, and run it in the middle of your room. Kind of like this:

You don't even have to attach the fan to anything, you can just let the scrubbed air go back into the room. It's pretty amazing how fast this can clear up the whole room!

Credit to Grow Weed Easy - Learn How to Grow Cannabis

hope this will help you. :)

This, or look into room HEPA/Carbon filters. My tent is in closet w carbon and exhaust. If I opened the tent, and happened to be jacking with rolling or something the room would stink quick. I have an IQAIR carbon/hepa filter that I run on high for a few minutes and it clears out all smell. The solution above possibly with a 4" setup would work.

Also, if your smelling outside house, you might question the age of your filter?

On a side note, I can still smell bud from outside even though the air is being pulled through the filter. Any thoughts?
If your fan is inside the tent it could maybe suck some smell, bypassing the scrubber.
I have my scrubber inside the tent and the fan outside for this reason.

420-magazine-mobile393142391.jpg

First off thanks for all the responses. Here is a pic of the current situation. Im still thinking the best coarse of action would be to rey and add another line before the fan to try and filter air from the room aswell as inside the tent. The room is around 200 sq ft. The fan and filter had no problem scrubbing the room clean before the tent

420-magazine-mobile393142391.jpg

First off thanks for all the responses. Here is a pic of the current situation. Im still thinking the best coarse of action would be to rey and add another line before the fan to try and filter air from the room aswell as inside the tent. The room is around 200 sq ft. The fan and filter had no problem scrubbing the room clean before the tent
Looks like, with that splitter, that you're venting part of your scrubbed air back into the room. Is that intentional?

Back
Top Bottom