BESTVA LED Grow Light Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ,do you like this kind of led grow light ,big coveage and high PPFD
1-1.jpg

make a light that doesn't create so much ambient heat from them, then you will have something
with day time temps here over 98F in the shade, I'm out till Fall because these lights raise the room temp 20 to 30 degrees over ambient
20-30 over the ambient seems excessive. You sure?! How did you come to that conclusion? Did you take multiple measurements? Or just temps off the heatsinks?

20-30 over the ambient seems excessive. You sure?! How did you come to that conclusion? Did you take multiple measurements? Or just temps off the heatsinks?

those are strips so no real heat sink. the cooling is achieved with the air space between the rails.

Room beside it 76F
Room with light high 90s ambient not under the light just the air hot enough to make you sweat excessively

that does seem high.
does the driver run too hot to touch or can you put your hand on it and leave it there comfortably ?

it could be accumulated heat soak. are you running an exhaust extractor to outdoor ?
that could solve for it if not.

Room beside it 76F
Room with light high 90s ambient not under the light just the air hot enough to make you sweat excessively
Damn man...that sucks. My tent is running hot too honestly. I'm running two Bestva Pro1000 lights at roughly 75% each and they are definitely hotter than the other lights I'm running right now.

For reference.
I'm also running two Bestva Pro1000 lights.
I have about a 3 degree delta between tent and room its in, 72/75.7 respectively. Lights at 100%, Tent is 33"x33"x60" with two 4" extraction fans for a total of 390 cfm.

I'm using 2 Bestva 2000W in a 6.5 X 6.5 ft. tent, they have veg/bloom settings but no dimmer, it's a little too much light, but it works well as long as I keep the lights around 30 inches above the plants. They do produce some heat, which I counter with one 8" intake fan pulling in cool air from the garage floor and another 8" fan pushing warm air out through the carbon filter, in addition I have an oscillating fan in the tent that keeps the air moving through the canopy. My garage is dark enough that I can leave the tent door partially open and that helps with heat build-up.

I'm using 2 Bestva 2000W in a 6.5 X 6.5 ft. tent, they have veg/bloom settings but no dimmer, it's a little too much light, but it works well as long as I keep the lights around 30 inches above the plants. They do produce some heat, which I counter with one 8" intake fan pulling in cool air from the garage floor and another 8" fan pushing warm air out through the carbon filter, in addition I have an oscillating fan in the tent that keeps the air moving through the canopy. My garage is dark enough that I can leave the tent door partially open and that helps with heat build-up.
that's a good suggestion for other growers ,Thanks ,keep tents cool is very important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom