420 Magazine Background

Better Late Then Never - White Widow Auto Fem In Soil - LED

Spiderman

Hey,

I am starting this journal more as a point of reference in which I can keep track of things I know I will forget :thumb:

Here is where I started and where things are at present:

* Dec I ordered 10 White Widow auto fem seeds from Crop King - no issues arrived quickly "shoot out to #CropKings" lol

* Germinated 5 seeds through the week of Feb 14th - only 1 seed germinated :( I followed all of the instructions and as a last result soaked the seeds in water for 24hours but they did not sprout. - "shoot out to #CropKings please send me replacements" lol

* Purchased the following in preparation for planting
*1 bale (107 liters) Pro Mix Growing Medium
*1 bag (7kgs) of Growing Green Earthworm Castings
*1 General Organics "GO-BOX"
*1 Mars Hydro 600 LED

* Placed the single seedling into a 500once container containing Pro Mix and a "pinch" of earthworm castings

* Added straight water for the first two weeks (at this time the plant is only asking for water every 3-4 days)

* I am currently adding 1/4 the recommended GO-BOX dosage every other watering

* I have the seedling on an 18/6 light schedule at approx 24" away from the light (a little tin foil around the pot to deflect wasted light)

* The plant is currently sending up it's first set of "real" leaves (as far as I can tell) and once these appear I will increase both the dosage of "GO-BOX" additives and frequency

Well that's where I'm current at with this my "first grow" ever!

3 Weeks old - side view (picture orientation will need correcting)

3_weeks_side_pic.JPG

3 Weeks old - top view (looks like the first set of real leave are starting)

3_weeks_top_pick.JPG

Jamesnns

Crop King doesnt sell a White Widow Auto fem that I know of. They sell a Feminized seed, just not an auto.

Good luck.

Stinky Snid

Plant of the Month: Aug 2016 - Member of the Month: Jan 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Jan, Feb 2017
Welcome to the grow family spiderman. I've got a CKS's white Widow grow going on now. They're about 4 weeks in from seed, take a look at my journal in my signature. Good luck to you on this white Widow, glad you decided to start a journal.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Spiderman

Okay so it's day 19 and I watered today. I have been using the GO-BOX" week 1 nutrients for the past two weeks (every other watering at 1/4 strength) but after reading a ton last night I may stop using any nutrients until my plant now named "Herbie" is 5 nodes high or gives me some type of indication it's lacking something.

so like I said in the beginning of this post, I watered yesterday morning.

DAY 19 TOP VIEW
image36530.JPG

SIDE VIEW - HERBIE LOOKS A LITTLE TALLER COMPARED TO YESTERDAY
image110037.JPG

LEAF TIP CONCERN?? - CAN someone look at this and advise if I should be concerned
Leaf_Issues1.jpg

Spiderman

Day 20
Watered March 18th (morning)
Herbie seems to be growing very very slowly and I believe this may have something to do with "over-watering". I am going to hold off watering until I see or feel the soil is really dry. I noticed today a little "yellowing" on the leaf tips so I need to keep an eye on that.

TOP VIEW DAY 20
image110038.JPG

SIDE VIEW DAY 20
image210024.JPG

Stinky Snid

Plant of the Month: Aug 2016 - Member of the Month: Jan 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Jan, Feb 2017
Has that black tip progressed, hope it's just a localized problem. It's hard to say what it could be, but i hope it's not what my Ellabella had a few weeks ago. Scary stuff... Her tips would just turn black, no transition from green to yellow to brown to black. Just green to black in a day...worried me for days but now she's going green again like nothing happened.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Spiderman

Hey Snidrajsed,

No further progression on the black tip :)

I am convinced what I'm seeing (based on exstensive reading on other's journals and forums) is being driven by a few factors; to much water / perhaps a slight cal/mag deficiency (LED Lighting and WW being a calcium hog) / and lastly perhaps to much temperature swings.

I have herbie upstairs in a loft room which is not heated and since I heat with wood things tend to cool off slightly during the night (eastern Canada here).

I plan on picking up a moisture meter on Monday to help with one issue and I will deploy the watering method used by Emilya. The second potential issue will need to wait until I water again and at that time is will mix in the recommended cal/mag as perscribed by GO-BOX, second issue taken care of. The heat may be slightly more difficult if I can't find a half decent little heater to maintain the temps at night.

Well that's all for now :) thanks for posting in my journal.

Spiderman

Day 21

Herbie was looking really sad this morning and all of the leaves are pointing to the soil. Last watering was 2 days ago and from the looks of things it will be another 5 -7 more drying the medium out. The leaves themselves seem to have good color and they seem to be soft enough (to the touch). The yellowing tips / black tips have NOT progressed so I'm keeping my fingers crossed the drooping leaves are a result of water log.

TOP VIEW DAY 21
image36558.JPG

SIDE VIEW DAY 21
image210025.JPG

image110039.JPG

Spiderman

Added a humidifier into the room today and set it for 60% - I think that was what I read somewhere today.

After seeing how droopy the leaves where this morning I also learned that I have Herbie way to close the the 600w LED light. She will now be approx 5' below the light.

Pictures to follow

Spiderman

Day 22

I monitored the daytime and morning temperatures and found (at least last night) they went from 75 through the day to 70 by morning - not as bad as I thought. After running the humidifier all night set at 60% the room felt really good this morning. So the few changes from day 21 - day 22:

Moved the plant table down from around 24 inches to approx 5ft
Added a humidifier and set it to 60%
FIM'D the 3rd nod

All of the above changes seem to have had a really good impact on the overall appearance of Herbie, she is standing tall (leaves are way less droopy) and I am really stoked about this!

TOP VIEW

image110041.JPG

SIDE VIEW

image210026.JPG

Spiderman

Just putting my deckchair here to enjoy the show :)

I got my 2nd WW grow just starting along side an exodus cheese cant wait to see how yours turns out!

Thank you for looking in on me, I would appreciate any/all feedback you may have based on your experiences.

welshpony

Resist the urge to fiddle is my biggest piece of advice!

Latest pictures are looking good, i cant remember if i read if you started using nutrients yet.. if you havent you can start around about now at 1/4 strength every other or 3rd feeding

Spiderman

Resist the urge to fiddle is my biggest piece of advice!

Latest pictures are looking good, i cant remember if i read if you started using nutrients yet.. if you havent you can start around about now at 1/4 strength every other or 3rd feeding

Thanks for the advice welshpony. I started with the recommended nutrients as per the instructions on the GO-BOX Organics box with the exception of only adding 1/4 of the recommended strength (as you also suggested).

Based on the issues I have created for myself, I wasn't planning on using anything except maybe cal/mag until things improved overall with the plant, but things have really turned around in the past 24hours so I may rethink this :)

Top Bottom