Beware! Falling Branches! Need an Easy Fix

KarlJay

Some of these branches are no longer able to support the weight of the bud. I've had to add bamboo to almost all the plants because of the lean.

Now some of the branches are bending down hard!

If I tie them up to the bamboo or back to the main stem, I'll be tying 100 branches!

I don't think a net will work because they weren't trained so that the bud sites would be even close to same height. They are basically untrained.

I've seen those wire tube things, but I'm in grow bags and they'd have to be supported on the floor.

Maybe they make some kinda wire mesh thing I can wrap around the outside and have it supported on the floor?

Maybe a PVC cage setup and run strings across to support what needs to be supported?

I'd like something simple because I'm within a few days to maybe 2 weeks from harvest, it could happen any day now.

Any ideas?

net is the best bet from the sounds of it.

Not over the top in your case though. It would wrap around the plant along its sides preventing branches from falling over any more, just keeping them sideways or semi diagonally upwards, not to make the go straight up exactly.

Then once that is in place pick certain ones or groups of ones to bamboo up higher so that they arnt just laying on eachother (which could cause mold)

Back
Top Bottom