Beware Of Buying Fake Mars Hydro TS LED Grow Lights

Mars Hydro

420 Sponsor
We have noticed that there are many copies of our TS LEDs in the market, and some even claim to be made in our factory. This is impossible because Mars Hydro is different from some other LED brands. We have our own factory and sales team. We only design and manufacture lights for our own brand.

We have successfully applied for the design patent of TS in China. We will start suing all the vendors selling fake TS lights on Alibaba and AliExpress. We are also in the process of applying for a patent for TS in the US. Once the patent is approved, we will start suing eBay, Amazon, and other US websites.

Please be careful not to be cheated when you buy lights.

There are some new brands and even unable to provide complete service and quality assurance, in our business for 12 years, we have seen countless new led brands appear, and then quickly in a few months later disappear. Although they promised the customer a three-year warranty when they sold the lights, the customer has been unable to contact the seller when he needs repairs. Trusting a 12-year-old brand is also about finding a guarantee for your purchase.

Following, I've got friends that scour the Internet daily for fake brands for a company and they work wonders beyond belief so it may be best to look at one of those firms, they aren't that expensive neither in terms of long term hunting.

A friend of mine recently purchased 2 Mars lights from ebay. He would like to know whether his lights are fake or not. He wants to contact ebay if they're fake.

The Mars-Hydro stickers on the sides of the lights are coming off due to the heat after they have only been used for a week or two. When I saw it I was surprised since it doesn't give a very good quality impression when stickers are hanging half way off. Now when I saw this post I figure they might be fake...

So, @Mars Hydro , is there a way to see if the lights are fake or not?

A friend of mine recently purchased 2 Mars lights from ebay. He would like to know whether his lights are fake or not. He wants to contact ebay if they're fake.

The Mars-Hydro stickers on the sides of the lights are coming off due to the heat after they have only been used for a week or two. When I saw it I was surprised since it doesn't give a very good quality impression when stickers are hanging half way off. Now when I saw this post I figure they might be fake...

So, @Mars Hydro , is there a way to see if the lights are fake or not?
We also have several stores on eBay, such as Marshydro USA, TopledFactory, etc. Generally, the top stores you see are our official ones.
As for the TS sticker you mentioned, the sticker is pasted with self-adhesive. If the lamp is overheated, the self-adhesive will fall off easily.

We recommend that you buy from our official platform, so that you will not be able to buy fake lights.
It may be worth while your company clearly stating the genuine registered stockists just like how seed breeders do.

Will stop a lot of people getting scammed and it also helps massively on finding out who's shifting the fakes

We recommend that you buy from our official platform, so that you will not be able to buy fake lights.

i've been hearing for years that mars produces lights under different names as well. are you sure it isn't just one of your sub brands ?

that would track as there seems to be different components ( drivers / chipsets) that get used even in branded mars lights.

it's been noted on this board that you advertise hlg drivers and have shipped with elg. this is not a huge issue for me, as i know the component quality, but it does square with building sub brands.

also what is there to copyright ? the build architecture for most lights is pretty well identical. i see stuff that looks similar all the time but the branding is different.

I've always heard that design patents are generally a waste of money because a small change in the aesthetic is enough to differentiate a knockoff and clear them of any potential infringement. It's also worth noting your patent claim might only be viable in china. What is it that you plan to patent? There really is nothing proprietary unless you're making your own diodes. If it's the arrangement of diodes or the cookie sheet style heatsync then I'd argue neither are patentable nor would they win a lawsuit. This is one of those situations where you need to one up your competitors in pricing, service or reputation instead.

We also have several stores on eBay, such as Marshydro USA, TopledFactory, etc. Generally, the top stores you see are our official ones.
As for the TS sticker you mentioned, the sticker is pasted with self-adhesive. If the lamp is overheated, the self-adhesive will fall off easily.

All good then. :thumb:
Thanks for clarifying that.

I've always heard that design patents are generally a waste of money because a small change in the aesthetic is enough to differentiate a knockoff and clear them of any potential infringement. It's also worth noting your patent claim might only be viable in china. What is it that you plan to patent? There really is nothing proprietary unless you're making your own diodes. If it's the arrangement of diodes or the cookie sheet style heatsync then I'd argue neither are patentable nor would they win a lawsuit. This is one of those situations where you need to one up your competitors in pricing, service or reputation instead.

I think it might be more of a trademark issue.

I think it might be more of a trademark issue.

agree.

mars is a builder. they don't make any components themselves. each of the component builders have their own patents on their products. mars just sticks them together.

having a hard time seeing what is actually patentable.

We are not a manufacturer of parts. Most of the lamp parts are sourced from other suppliers. Our factory is mainly responsible for assembly, just like a garment factory does not produce the fabric. So you may see other brands of lights using the same accessories, which is not unusual.
But as for the design, we developed it independently, including the appearance design of the led and the design of the dimmer.
The patent we applied for is for the design of the TS series reflector, which is our own research and development, so we have to protect our patent rights.
We have been successful in getting some Chinese manufacturers to stop selling fake TS lights.
We have patents pending in the United States, and there have been some delays because of the outbreak.

Hello im a new member and im a little off topic here but wanted to chime in and ask if you maybe able to help me out with some issues im having with my ts3000, bought it locally new here about 8 months ago it was old stock they had but about 3 months after purchasing it one side started to blink then eventually give out working completely.. then it just up and worked flawlessly up untill today, im looking to purchase a replacement balast and cant track anything down... im located in canada which makes finding one that much harder thanks sorry for jumping in on this thread

Hello im a new member and im a little off topic here but wanted to chime in and ask if you maybe able to help me out with some issues im having with my ts3000, bought it locally new here about 8 months ago it was old stock they had but about 3 months after purchasing it one side started to blink then eventually give out working completely.. then it just up and worked flawlessly up untill today, im looking to purchase a replacement balast and cant track anything down... im located in canada which makes finding one that much harder thanks sorry for jumping in on this thread
Where did you buy it?

@Mars Hydro Sorry this is a little off topic but can i ask you about light choice?
I have been looking at the tsw2000 for my 120x120 tent as i cant afford the tsw3000 right now.
When on your .EU site i saw the ts600 lights, i see that they have older type LEDs(?) but would i benefit from 4 of these in my tent over one tsw200? only 20 euros more that way and i would get "400" more watts, or would i be better sticking to the tsw2000 for now and maybe upgrading later?
Thanks, really enjoying the site and trying to get up to date on this new led stuff as i started growing 40 odd years ago.

@Mars Hydro Sorry this is a little off topic but can i ask you about light choice?
I have been looking at the tsw2000 for my 120x120 tent as i cant afford the tsw3000 right now.
When on your .EU site i saw the ts600 lights, i see that they have older type LEDs(?) but would i benefit from 4 of these in my tent over one tsw200? only 20 euros more that way and i would get "400" more watts, or would i be better sticking to the tsw2000 for now and maybe upgrading later?
Thanks, really enjoying the site and trying to get up to date on this new led stuff as i started growing 40 odd years ago.
I would suggest you buy the TSW2000 and upgrade later, the TS600 is more suitable for smaller area growth.
You can buy them on our website and the discount code "420magazine" will help you save some money

I think you'd get more even coverage with 4 lights + the extra watts ? It's a No - Brainer for me. I'll take the 4 TS 600's.
Right now I run a TS 3000 & TSW 2000 in a 5 x 5 tent. 750 watts. So it sounds like you would get about 700 watts total over 300 watts. I believe with LED you want 30 - 50 watts per sq. ft.

Capture.JPG

New message from: marshydro
iconTopRatedSeller_19x18.png
(20,268
stars-11.gif
)​

Hi friend,​

Yes,we are mars hydro official ebay store,all item shipped from mars hydro warehouse,please feel free to place order.​

Best regards​

just wondering what you thought of this seller they say it is MarsHydro :)

would it possible to address the above pls is this one of your ebay stores thanks! they say they are a factory store

Back
Top Bottom