BF LSD 5 Plant Coco Spring 18

gr865

A chronicle of my grow.

I am happy to accept comments, suggestion and criticism! Just no arguments or name calling, :peace:

Here we are at day 16 of 12/12, 5 Barneys Farm LSD clones (4 #1 phenos and 1 #3 pheno) taken from the last grow. Tried getting the other three pheno's but they did not take. I did get one taken in flower that has rooted and begun it's grow.

Here pic progressing to date.

12/28

1/04

1/12 They were transplanted into 2 gallon smart pots.

1/19 Time for a little LST

1/24

2/2 They went into 12/12 on 1/28

2/8

GR

Update:
Day 28 12/12

Start of week 4 so had to post, :bongrip:
Things seem to be going well no real issues to report. Still have uneven waterings, but I believe that is due to me not packing the coco in the smart pots very well and not the same rate of packing per pot. All plants are get the same amt of solution but they are letting it pass through at different rates, even though I am running 1 minute a cycle some are giving off 50% plus run off to get the 20 to 30% desired in all pots. I began coco growing by over packing and the coco staying to wet. So have been trying to find that right degree of compaction for a more even watering. On this run it is not very packed at all and very uneven.
Anyone have any comments on this?
Other than that I let the ladies grow to close to the lights, no damage I am seeing but got lucky they were 14" from the lamps, raised the back to 18".

Random pics, LSD clones 2 pheno's, 4 of #1 and 1 of #3.

GR

Update:
Day 28 12/12

Start of week 4 so had to post, :bongrip:
Things seem to be going well no real issues to report. Still have uneven waterings, but I believe that is due to me not packing the coco in the smart pots very well and not the same rate of packing per pot. All plants are get the same amt of solution but they are letting it pass through at different rates, even though I am running 1 minute a cycle some are giving off 50% plus run off to get the 20 to 30% desired in all pots. I began coco growing by over packing and the coco staying to wet. So have been trying to find that right degree of compaction for a more even watering. On this run it is not very packed at all and very uneven.
Anyone have any comments on this?
Other than that I let the ladies grow to close to the lights, no damage I am seeing but got lucky they were 14" from the lamps, raised the back to 18".

Random pics, LSD clones 2 pheno's, 4 of #1 and 1 of #3.

[

GR

Damn those look good. What kind of lighting are you using?

Damn those look good. What kind of lighting are you using?

Thanks Bud,
I am using twin Nanolux 315W CMH NA's. I normally run these in a vertical grow but had to do a horizontal this run due to timing. This morning I opened the tent to rotate the plants about 30%. My friend came by for a cup of coffee on his way to work and said he could smell the plants from the driveway even with all the door and windows closed, LOL. So I know my scrubber is working well as there is no odor at all in the garage where my discharge air is vented.

GR

Thanks Bud,
I am using twin Nanolux 315W CMH NA's. I normally run these in a vertical grow but had to do a horizontal this run due to timing. This morning I opened the tent to rotate the plants about 30%. My friend came by for a cup of coffee on his way to work and said he could smell the plants from the driveway even with all the door and windows closed, LOL. So I know my scrubber is working well as there is no odor at all in the garage where my discharge air is vented.

GR
Thanks for that info. I have heard a lot of good things about CMH lights. I've been using LED's for my current grow, which is definitely a step up from the CFL's I used on my first grow. But the problem seems to be the amount of light penetration from LED's. Seems to me like MH's especially CMH's work a lot better and would be an upgrade from what I have now.

I'll bet that smell from your driveway is incredible. I'll be watching your thread to see how everything comes out. But from what I see it will be top notch!

Thanks for that info. I have heard a lot of good things about CMH lights. I've been using LED's for my current grow, which is definitely a step up from the CFL's I used on my first grow. But the problem seems to be the amount of light penetration from LED's. Seems to me like MH's especially CMH's work a lot better and would be an upgrade from what I have now.I

I'll bet that smell from your driveway is incredible. I'll be watching your thread to see how everything comes out. But from what I see it will be top notch!

I went from an SS400 LED to a 400W MH/HPS, then to the CMH, got one first the added another. With the ballast outside the tent there is no real heat problem.

Update:
Day 35 12/12

Various shots from today's minor defo, just took off leaves blocking bud sites and retied them to spread.

GR

I use Canna A&B. Rhizontonic, Cannazym, and used Boost until this grow, using Golden Tree, I use Liquid KoolBloom instead of P/K, and KoolBloom Dry the last few weeks. I am also trying Mammoth, jury is still out of it.

As for the drip system if you would like I can my setup.
Good luck on your grow.

GR

Upper Rez and Manifold

Both upper and lower rez, there is a stand pipe in the upper rez and the return line is the one at the end of the spoon with the 90 degree elbow.

This is the return line from the upper to the lower rez, I do not use air stones and I run my lower rez pump to recirculate the two rez's. This supplies passive O2 to the system.

Distribution ring, note, circled in yellow, the 1/4 turn ball valves and the quick disconnects to each plant. This allow me to disconnect the lines to move the plants out of the tent to do maintenance.

Each of the five lines from the distrabution ring attach to the feed ring, 1/4" red rubber tubing with three tee's pointed downward. This pic show the system running.

I hope this answers your request.

GR

Eco 1056, 1083 GPM/9 foot lift. My rez sits about 4' above the ring so there is no pressure lost to height.
These pumps are not high pressure but high flow.
I do like how simple the system is and it does everything I want.

What I am considering is trying to get a spray nozzle that will work with the low pressure. Would like to get better distribution overall.

Just found a timer for my pump that can be set in seconds with enough start times that I can really dial the system in. It is expensive so not sure I can do it.
May have to just stack timers to get the desired seconds/cycle and the number of cycles I am looking for.

I was just looking at the grow prior to closing the tent.
I must say, for doing nothing but LST and some defo, I am really liking what is happening in the tent.
The canopy is impressively level and filling in very nicely.

The plant in the back right is the pheno #3, has been a real bitch during the original grow and now she is worse. Cal/Mag hog, low heat pressure and compared to the 4 pheno #1's is spindly and slight. But a very good medicine!

I am excited for where we are at this point, 3 to 4 plus weeks to go and they are doing nothing but getting fatter. Really liking the nute program, the drip system is starting to work better as the roots continue to mass and the plants are drinking very well. I do believe that I need to increase the Cal/Magic/Epsom in future grows during veg and the first few weeks of flower.
I just started adding KoolBloom Dry for 2 +/- weeks. Starting with the lower rate, when rez is refilled I will go 3/4 rate till completion. I refill the rez every two days so I will watch the ladies and adjust the KoolBloom if necessary. This ladies parents responded well to KoolBloom, both liquid and dry, so looking forward to this harvest.

GR

Back
Top Bottom