Bianca Feminized - MarsHydro 300 LED - Soil/Coco/Perlite

So I'm guessing I should avoid the ones with the red dots as they are near future colas? Would the yellow dotted ones be ok to remove, in your opinion?

Day3F.jpg

To be honest I would leave them they really aren't blocking the light from any of the budding sites. Even if they do end up blocking budding sites you can always tuck them down as the bud sites stretch.

You got a beautiful plant by the way and subbed and along for the ride :goodjob:

You got a beautiful plant by the way and subbed and along for the ride :goodjob:

Thanks. I had a bit of a rough time with clawing and what looked like nitrogen burn and I'm still perplexed as to why since I never added nutes. There's a link to that thread in the OP if you want to give it a read. I don't see many Bianca journals here or anywhere for that matter so maybe the strain is just more sensitive to nutes early on. I dunno. Either way, Major PITA helped me through it and she's looking the best yet so here's hoping that stem heals and I don't have any problems going forward. :)

I guess I'll just leave her be and pass on the pruning. Appreciate the advice.

I agree with Spart. I don't see any advantage to removing the leaves shown. If there is a meristem under them that is being blocked, go for it. You can also tuck leaves to let more light in to the lower areas.

Day- 4F She still looks great and is continuing to grow.

Is a meristem a bud site? I really need to get up to speed on the terms thrown around here. :)

If so, yes, there are a few in the lower middle part of the plant but I never considered bending the leaves so I'll give that a shot first.

First and probably last time I'm gonna hear that word :rofl::rofl:

meristem
ˈmɛrɪstɛm/

noun used in Botany
noun: meristem; plural noun: meristems

a region of plant tissue, found chiefly at the growing tips of roots and shoots and in the cambium, consisting of actively dividing cells forming new tissue.
"the apical meristem of the shoot produces the embryonic seed leaves"

English version:
meristem = end of a branch where new growth happens.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Day- 6F Some vertical growth. Broken stem and all of it's growth seems fine. The broken stem is the main one at 3 o'clock in the first pic. Took some close ups of the top bud sites. Getting excited! :)

D610.jpg

D6F.jpg

D6Fl.jpg

D6Flo.jpg

Damn! I don't want to say it, but that new growth sort of looks like nanners. Probably (hopefully) it is just the lighting and camera angle.

Damn! I don't want to say it, but that new growth sort of looks like nanners. Probably (hopefully) it is just the lighting and camera angle.

I had to go look up "nanners". You damn near gave me a heart attack! :)

Turned the light off, used a flashlight and magnifying glasses to inspect that new growth. Not a speck of yellow anywhere. So from what I briefly read on nanners, they would be yellow and it's all a beautiful green instead. The flash on my phone and the LED are responsible. :)

I had to go look up "nanners". You damn near gave me a heart attack! :)

Turned the light off, used a flashlight and magnifying glasses to inspect that new growth. Not a speck of yellow anywhere. So from what I briefly read on nanners, they would be yellow and it's all a beautiful green instead. The flash on my phone and the LED are responsible. :)

Sorry for the scare, but I'm happy I was wrong. :yahoo:

Day 2F- I've read I shouldn't prune during flower so I'll leave her be but holy crap has the plant become a bush in every bushy sense of the word.

Hi Iguana Man

You can prune during flowering, just don't overdo it. Pruning a couple of leaves daily won't stress the plant. When in flower, the plant will redirect the energy toward flower and resin production instead of growing new leaves.

Just don't go crazy with it :)

Day- 7F She's continuing to get bushier and get taller. I've got a potential fan issue on my MarsHydro 300 - it's intermittently making noise so I await a return email from them. She's also about ready for a drink - can't believe how much water she's suddenly consuming. Makes me wonder if I had a root problem early on which may have contributed to the early nitro/claw issue? Don't know - thinking out loud. :)

Some questions:

That 36 hours of dark I put her through, should I count that day and a half towards my total flower days? Not sure how that works. And no, it isn't critical but I'd like to know just the same as I count down the total flowering time which is supposed to be between 6 & 8 weeks.

Should I toss in some nutes for the next watering? I figure another gallon is due soon. If so, I'm using the General Hydroponics Flora Trio. Amounts are welcome. And last time I didn't throw in the CaliMagic so would that be advised this go around?

TIA! :)

Nothing like a white-haired plethora! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom