BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix - JDL - Highly Mineralized Myko Madness!

Re: BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix -BPN-JDL- Highly Mineralized Myko Madn

a bit late, but I'm subbed BID... can't wait to see where this goes... I'm going LED when we put the 2nd tent in, though probably just UFOs since there's no way I could afford the bigger panels... rock on Big guy :headbanger::allgood::Namaste:

Re: BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix -BPN-JDL- Highly Mineralized Myko Madn

Holy Shit. 5 pages and a working grow room? Holy Crap!!!! Where have I been?

duh

-- next post will probably be in the smoke report! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I used GLR one round with my panels and there were no issues bro, you should be fine, but it does look like its a flower panel because theres no switches, you dont need anywhere near that much red in veg.Keep an eye on your girls to see if they try and go into flower because of all the red with GLR. From the pics it looks like theres only 4 soft white diodes?
Reps for getting things all set up as fast as you did bro, I dont have any disabillities and in this heat it was hard work getting my rooms switched around so kudos brotha:)

I used GLR one round with my panels and there were no issues bro, you should be fine, but it does look like its a flower panel because theres no switches, you dont need anywhere near that much red in veg.Keep an eye on your girls to see if they try and go into flower because of all the red with GLR. From the pics it looks like theres only 4 soft white diodes?
Reps for getting things all set up as fast as you did bro, I dont have any disabillities and in this heat it was hard work getting my rooms switched around so kudos brotha:)

You too? :cheesygrinsmiley: I will never keep up... I want to but it will never happen

a bit late, but I'm subbed BID... can't wait to see where this goes... I'm going LED when we put the 2nd tent in, though probably just UFOs since there's no way I could afford the bigger panels... rock on Big guy :headbanger::allgood::Namaste:
not late at all it only been up 24 hours lol just blew up quick theres aparantly alot of interest in this one,,guess ppl wanna know about this led company

looks like a nice panel bid
so far im getting that impression too its so bright i fear it without sunglasses

Holy Shit. 5 pages and a working grow room? Holy Crap!!!! Where have I been?

duh

-- next post will probably be in the smoke report! :cheesygrinsmiley:
lol yeah its acting like an omm journal blowing up in a day, no smoke reports in this one anytime soon me thinks,

I bet its a huge relief to see that 78.4 on your thermometer. :high-five:
oh yeah now if i only had enough panels to cover my 4x4x7 id be a happy guy all the way,still worrying about flower nothing there has changed, but the steady moonsoonal flow has brought lower temps and higher rh, all good for my situation, normaly that tent the led is in is far to hot with a 400hps to even run this time of year! so seeing 78 (btw it was sitting on top of the led untill right before the pics )in that tent is amazing when its usually an unusable 110f till october

ty well getting such a kickass new toy provides good mota vation lol now to hold on to that vibe long enough to get the broken tent swapped and my shop/mancave cleaned and organized! maybe the arrival of spiffys son will provide the needed young man fire & energy to get it done, he is eager to learn how to grow ,a worthy skill to have & you never know he may get bit by the bug like me so many yrs ago
i will watch for the flower,but purple power is known to flower under fluros on 18 or more hours light but she does not hermie,and smells like gdp & mendo purps,all gotz the purp aroma but it likes my enviros better than those 2,, i like its fast flowertime 6wks & big colas
the light is supposed to be good for seed -harvest,the adjustment is in the height,so much is left to be discovered with the mars II

Speaking of nutty, I have a question for ya BID... I uploaded a pic of the donation Dynasty mama and I'm trying to determine how long to let it veg before flowering... she already reaches mid-thigh + lol ... any input would be appreciated :)

not late at all it only been up 24 hours lol just blew up quick theres aparantly alot of interest in this one,,guess ppl wanna know about this led company

That but 5 pages of subs in 24 hours is all you my man!!

so far im getting that impression too its so bright i fear it without sunglasses

I have shown a very few folks and their reaction is always the same... get me outta here!! :rofl:

lol yeah its acting like an omm journal blowing up in a day, no smoke reports in this one anytime soon me thinks,

Good cause I am slow :cheesygrinsmiley:

oh yeah now if i only had enough panels to cover my 4x4x7 id be a happy guy all the way,still worrying about flower nothing there has changed, but the steady moonsoonal flow has brought lower temps and higher rh, all good for my situation, normaly that tent the led is in is far to hot with a 400hps to even run this time of year! so seeing 78 (btw it was sitting on top of the led untill right before the pics )in that tent is amazing when its usually an unusable 110f till october

So is it climate or light?

ty well getting such a kickass new toy provides good mota vation lol now to hold on to that vibe long enough to get the broken tent swapped and my shop/mancave cleaned and organized! maybe the arrival of spiffys son will provide the needed young man fire & energy to get it done, he is eager to learn how to grow ,a worthy skill to have & you never know he may get bit by the bug like me so many yrs ago
i will watch for the flower,but purple power is known to flower under fluros on 18 or more hours light but she does not hermie,and smells like gdp & mendo purps,all gotz the purp aroma but it likes my enviros better than those 2,, i like its fast flowertime 6wks & big colas
the light is supposed to be good for seed -harvest,the adjustment is in the height,so much is left to be discovered with the mars II

Sounds wonderful and cool you have someone to pass it down too, my son has no interest.

Holy cow BID!

You started this on Friday. It's Monday now (I'm rarely on on weekends), and it's already page 5!

Oh well. I'm excited to see how the LEDs work for you. I need to invest in more lighting, but I'm still very undecided on which route I want to go. LEDs seem to have matured enough to be a viable option. I think they are now more than able to replace traditional HID lighting, but the cost is still pretty prohibitive. My biggest concern is the same with the early adoption of any new technology. You pay a lot for new tech, and the price drops quickly. The same $5000 I spend on LED lighting today will likely buy double the wattage in another year. That tech is just advancing so fast, it's hard to make the decision to jump in, ya know?

I do know I should go with a reputable US vendor, and I'd prefer to support a :420: sponsor. I'm gonna go check out the vendor that supplied your test lamp. I hope if works well for you! I want to see how good you think the coverage is in particular. Of course, I'm also curious about bud size/density.

I'm curious how you think they would work with a mover. I'm not sure LEDs are really suited for moving because their light is in such a focused beam. HID's throw light in all directions, so as the light moves, the plant is illuminated by different areas of the bulb. With an LED, I don't think there is enough stray light to get the same benefit.

Anyway, I'm subbed now. Thanks for sharing your LED project with us! :Namaste:

subbed. love led =]
welcome to my journal! this is my first run with led im hoping for great results! the light seems like a good one!

That but 5 pages of subs in 24 hours is all you my man!!

I have shown a very few folks and their reaction is always the same... get me outta here!! :rofl:

Good cause I am slow :cheesygrinsmiley:

So is it climate or light?

Sounds wonderful and cool you have someone to pass it down too, my son has no interest.
yeah spiffy got triggered into a migraine when i test fired the light in our bedroom for like 5 seconds! its so bright but in a very different than a hid lamp, i think alot of it really is for the led test,im not that interesting,just a weedgeek! its light & climate i have to get some kind of ac or i will just shut down next summer,its just to hard to do in the summer 60%of my clones fail in this heat,my plants suffer like hell and it pains my soul to see them like that, perhaps the led will work during the summer and i can keep a mother or 2 and run a few autos, but unless i fix it summer will be mostly shut down time,,we will see if the young man has the mustard to be a grower or its just a passing fancy,statistics say 80% of ppl that start learning to grow give up within the first year, it does require some determination, and heaps of patience,it does not jive well with our current "instant gratification" culture

Holy cow BID!

You started this on Friday. It's Monday now (I'm rarely on on weekends), and it's already page 5!

Oh well. I'm excited to see how the LEDs work for you. I need to invest in more lighting, but I'm still very undecided on which route I want to go. LEDs seem to have matured enough to be a viable option. I think they are now more than able to replace traditional HID lighting, but the cost is still pretty prohibitive. My biggest concern is the same with the early adoption of any new technology. You pay a lot for new tech, and the price drops quickly. The same $5000 I spend on LED lighting today will likely buy double the wattage in another year. That tech is just advancing so fast, it's hard to make the decision to jump in, ya know?

I do know I should go with a reputable US vendor, and I'd prefer to support a :420: sponsor. I'm gonna go check out the vendor that supplied your test lamp. I hope if works well for you! I want to see how good you think the coverage is in particular. Of course, I'm also curious about bud size/density.

I'm curious how you think they would work with a mover. I'm not sure LEDs are really suited for moving because their light is in such a focused beam. HID's throw light in all directions, so as the light moves, the plant is illuminated by different areas of the bulb. With an LED, I don't think there is enough stray light to get the same benefit.

Anyway, I'm subbed now. Thanks for sharing your LED project with us! :Namaste:
i know nothing of loght movers,its an expense i have not had much interest in,and seems impractical in my setup,but i dont see why it wouldnt work,the lenses on the led's can be all sorts of angles,seems moving it side to side would work pretty good,theres plenty of light bouncing off the mylar walls of my tent but i really dont know.
i defo get your concerns on the tech & its like my 1300$ tv i got 2 yrsvago its a great tv 47in 1080p 5 hdmi 60watt high quality sound lcd 50k:1 resolution beautiful picture, but today i can get the same specs for 500$!! for what i spent then i could add10 inches to the screen,led lit,3d capable,internet & apps,wireless connection ,webcam 2 million to 1 resolution!
, but the way i look at it is i have a great tv that serves my needs, so with led lights my thoughts are about the same if it does the job i want and is a decent price, it will pay for its self in a couple months and in a year when i dont have to buy 1 or 2 new 50$ bulbs i will be reafirmed that its $ well spent,not to mention the power saved on cooling,thats my theory at least'lol
the sponsor of this grow TOPLEDGROWLIGH, Solutions Limited,LED GROWLIGHT,LED BULB,LED TUBE,grow lights,t5 grow light,hps grow light,fluorescent grow light,grow light bulb,grow light bulbs,marijuana grow light,growing light,cfl grow light,indoor grow light,grow light reflecto will build a light to your specs if you want different spectrums etc ,they have the best prices i have seen for single units and really good on multi light purchases,and running discount promos right now,factory direct and a sponsor here,they ship from the us , most "made in usa" lights are just buying these same components and assembeling them here so they can claim U.s.made and mark the cost way up, ive been doing a little research and it seems 90% of led lights use chinese parts, for me all thats left is this test if it gives me what i want i will be sold and looking into full conversion to all led and adding new panelsevery chance i get,the prices will just get better & better from now on !

light has arrived ! first impressions...box did not indicate anything about its contents (its nobodys business but mine good for ppl in need of stealth)
it was packed well with solid cut & fitted poly foam (no styro popcorn! yea!) its fairly heavy at 15-16 lbs ,feels very well built and no rough or sharp edges,
craftmanship seems spot on, it comes with 2 power cables 1 for the unit and 1 to connect it to another unit (dasiy chain capable),overall first impression is very good,i did plug it in for just a few seconds,but it has no switches at all and it took spiffy and i by surprise it was crazy bright and triggered a migraine in spiffy so i did not get to take a pic of it on,but it appears that all the diodes are working as well as the fans, heres a few pics i will get a couple more in a bit
Mars_ii1.jpg
Mars_ii2.jpg
Mars_ii5.jpg
Mars_ii4.jpg
Mars_II_3.jpg

Left the pics in to help the sponsor. :winkyface:

That light looks nice. I was not aware this was going on until I saw this thread earlier. I finished reading through Sara's thread and this one now. I'll have to go look if Jon made one too.

When I looked at their site, I was disappointed they did not include a pass through plug to daisy chain multiple lights. I was very happy to see in your pictures that they have fixed that. :thumb:

Sara, I'm sure you're watching this thread... You need to update your website to reflect this feature as it's a deal breaker for some of us. I'll be expanding of my flowering room from ~5.5'x10' to ~17'x10', ie I'm adding 110sqft to my existing 55sqft. I estimate I need 8 of whatever replaces a 1000W HPS, or more if I decided to spread them out more. I'd need to be able to daisy chain the panels together. :)

Do you think more, lower wattage, panels would be better than fewer, higher wattage, panels?
My instinct says it's better to keep the LED lenses more focused , ie 90* instead of 120*, so perhaps more panels to spread them out is best?

Sorry to ask on your thread BID, but I already closed Sara's thread. :blalol:

Makes me want to put some BeeGee's on and my linen suit:)

Linen? While an outstanding fabric, surely, to be period accurate, you mean polyester! :party:

You too? :cheesygrinsmiley: I will never keep up... I want to but it will never happen

I soooo feel your pain. It only gets harder and harder to keep up the longer we're here. I've almost gotten over the guilt from not being able to follow all my subs as often as I'd like. The hardest part for me is hitting all of them each month. My latest technique is to hit some from the top and the bottom of the list. I'm sure this means I'm missing some, but I just can't get through them all in one sitting anymore. :blalol:

OH I had polyester Hiker:) but my Linen suit with my spoon around my neck and shirt unbuttoned was pretty groovy unless it rained. I didn't wear underwear so you could see everything:) had to watch the weather before I wore it:)

BID, congrats on your new light! I hope it provides you and your family a plethora of tasty and healing meds. I subscribed and +rep. I also have a worm farm! Do you leave worms in the soil to give a constant feeding to the plants(you mentioned castings so fresh they still have worms in them)?

OH I had polyester Hiker:) but my Linen suit with my spoon around my neck and shirt unbuttoned was pretty groovy unless it rained. I didn't wear underwear so you could see everything:) had to watch the weather before I wore it:)

Damn, Fishy! You're a man with good taste in music AND a fine sartorial sense, as well!

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom