BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix - JDL - Highly Mineralized Myko Madness!

Re: BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix - JDL - Highly Mineralized Myko Madnes

ok bid i fiannaly did it started mt journal stop by when you get a chance tell me what you think all are welcome thanks

Re: BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix - JDL - Highly Mineralized Myko Madnes

Ok well I have a ton of pics to process covering the last 3 harvested plants, the mars2 is flowering again I'm doing a CS run on several strains I'm bored growing but don't want to lose cuz they are awesome, the og kush,sour diesel #2 ,pineapple skunk, and more, all this so I can pop new beans!, more info soon as well as pics I talk more bout the blueberry headband in the other journal since I finished it under the budmasterII

Happy Munchday BID :thumb:

massive pic update in 7.0 journal for those that may not be sub'd to that one, didnt post it here since none was from under the mars II but heres a teaser
DSCF16762.JPG
DSCF16223.JPG
DSCF16152.JPG

Hey bid, I'm vegging under my 400. Wondering the best height to have them hung? Month old, both green healthy plants but no height at all!! Cracked seeds, cfl till 3 sets leaves 1.5 weeks, then 400 18". Plants leaves shot straight up to the sky. Then they ( week later) started cupping, folding upwards. So thought lights might be to close, so I moved them up to 30" couple weeks ago, still no height. It's the worst having healthy looking slow pokes. Lush green midget (is that the correct term). I know you can't tell me the cause but height on 400 for veg would be great, thanks man peace

Hey bid, I'm vegging under my 400. Wondering the best height to have them hung? Month old, both green healthy plants but no height at all!! Cracked seeds, cfl till 3 sets leaves 1.5 weeks, then 400 18". Plants leaves shot straight up to the sky. Then they ( week later) started cupping, folding upwards. So thought lights might be to close, so I moved them up to 30" couple weeks ago, still no height. It's the worst having healthy looking slow pokes. Lush green midget (is that the correct term). I know you can't tell me the cause but height on 400 for veg would be great, thanks man peace

well i have basically just put the leds at the top of the tent as high as i can and let the plants grow into the light, , the cupping may be they need extra cal mag, a pic of your setup would help alot, and more info on medium,food,pots,temps,strain etc, sometimes the cupping your describing is not a bad thing for sure , when you say 400 is that a mrs2 or hps like i said a bit more info would help me with diagnostics :high-five:

:thanks:Yeah man sorry, coir hempys 50/50 perlite coir, bedroom cupboard, cupboard door nearly always slightly ajar, little fan blows over tops of plants. 18/6 lights. Coir nutes 1ml each A&B, 0.5ml b52, 0.5ml rizzotnic 150 ppm when first started feeding, bumped to 300ppm for two weeks, now bumped to 500ppm. I checked the res in my bucket and ph was 7 and ppm was only 155. Gave a flush but next day 175ppm but ph had dropped to 6.7 but give extra couple days no doubt be back to 7. Only bumped cause of hight not that plants at all look anything but lush green. I'm thinking of transplant to pots and run to waste. Save the hempy for straight perlite or 50/50 per/vem. Do you know if a flush with demineralised water be any good? To me it seems like it would take everything out of the system and allow to start again, but straight away as there would be no food at all left for the plant. Ramble ramble peace man. Edit 1:Oh temps are sweet, did get down to 66 but stays around 71-75. Humidity is from 45-60% lil low but not drastic..?.. Edit 2: yeah mars2 80x5 Edit 3::thanks::peace:

Happy Thurweed day BID :thumb:

:thanks:Yeah man sorry, coir hempys 50/50 perlite coir, bedroom cupboard, cupboard door nearly always slightly ajar, little fan blows over tops of plants. 18/6 lights. Coir nutes 1ml each A&B, 0.5ml b52, 0.5ml rizzotnic 150 ppm when first started feeding, bumped to 300ppm for two weeks, now bumped to 500ppm. I checked the res in my bucket and ph was 7 and ppm was only 155. Gave a flush but next day 175ppm but ph had dropped to 6.7 but give extra couple days no doubt be back to 7. Only bumped cause of hight not that plants at all look anything but lush green. I'm thinking of transplant to pots and run to waste. Save the hempy for straight perlite or 50/50 per/vem. Do you know if a flush with demineralised water be any good? To me it seems like it would take everything out of the system and allow to start again, but straight away as there would be no food at all left for the plant. Ramble ramble peace man. Edit 1:Oh temps are sweet, did get down to 66 but stays around 71-75. Humidity is from 45-60% lil low but not drastic..?.. Edit 2: yeah mars2 80x5 Edit 3::thanks::peace:

well it could be that they are just working on roots a very good thing! i like to keep hempys at 5.8 ph that's the sweet spot for any hydro system as i have always understood it but it can be good to let it drift up and down as some nutrients absorb better at slightly higher / lower ph but just for a day or so, i would start at 5.5 and let it work its way to 7 ish then bring it back to 5.8 hold it there a while ,then bring it down and drift up again, it gave me good results 99% of the time i would only flush if there's something wrong, and a flush works best if you use a very weak nute solution the elements attract like elements better than a totally dead water like distilled, your ppms sound kinda low to me unless they are very small i run 150-300 ppm for seedlings (at least 2 sets of true leaves) for 3 week old plants an up in veg i go up to 800-850 , in flower 900-1300 unless they are very large then up to 1400-1500 if they show no signs of burn or stress, in coco you have a natural buffer and need extra calcium and magnesium my tap water and a tsp of "epsoma garden lime' or gypsum from ho dee po, (or a garden center) mixed in the coco did the trick for me, never used coco specific nutes, you should be having explosive growth right now , im thinking your ph is to high for coco (its passive hydro) and they need more food, you have a pic? thats my gut on this one, with such low ppms going in and evidence the are eating, i think they are starving, what shade of green are they?
also coco coir is fantastic for hempy best thing i ever used, was way more productive than pearl, my mix was 60%coco 30% pearlite, and the rest was garden lime,azomite, worm castings , if i had not started using organics and high brix thats what i would still be using, ive even thought about doing a few that way again just to see what kind of readings i get and to see that crazy explosive growth again lol

ok the mars 2 is flowering again working on some fem beans, not much atm but more will be arriving as i ready clones for fem seed production, the larger pineapple skunk got moved in here after i spotted some nanners dont know why or what stressed her she normally does not herm (maybe the cold) but here you go been about a week of flower and cs spraying
DSCF18005.JPG
DSCF17995.JPG
DSCF17987.JPG
DSCF17975.JPG

nice im going to make a small completely sealed box for fem seed and breeding thats the only way im gettin beans

i just keep all the pollen producers in one small tent with no direct airflow, seems to work and the exhaust has a filter and it only runs a couple hours a day total ,4 30 min cycles :thumb:
nice i think i could make a cabinet to hold it in now the wheels are turnin

Re: BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix -----JDL- Highly Mineralized Myko Madn

I checked the sponsor website- huh. I spent about 3x as much for my LED! Def gonna have to check with them if I decide to expand at some point to a more than one light setup. Another reason to follow this journal closely! :)

Looking good BID :thumb:

Hey bid

Awesome awesome awesome!!!!!!! I've been following you since day 1!!!! You have such a green thumb I envy you and your skills!!! I had a question, I know you grew with the MARS II with the stock spectrum and got three zips, and you stated that it was not at the best of condition and you know it would produce more. I've seen some other people that have MARSII but they ordered custom spectrum such as jon. Do you feel that this go around you can produce a lot more with the standard spectrum? I just want to make sure what MARSII to get either custom spectrum or go with the standard. So many options!!!! Anywho thanks for all the great write ups you do and provide for us!

Hey bid

Awesome awesome awesome!!!!!!! I've been following you since day 1!!!! You have such a green thumb I envy you and your skills!!! I had a question, I know you grew with the MARS II with the stock spectrum and got three zips, and you stated that it was not at the best of condition and you know it would produce more. I've seen some other people that have MARSII but they ordered custom spectrum such as jon. Do you feel that this go around you can produce a lot more with the standard spectrum? I just want to make sure what MARSII to get either custom spectrum or go with the standard. So many options!!!! Anywho thanks for all the great write ups you do and provide for us!

Welcome! Well it's hard to say anything about the spectrum,since I've only used the stock , looks like ppl are happy with the other spectrum as well,but I'm sure if I did it better in regards to veg time,larger pots, etc I can get alot better weight with my light, I was brand new to led and rushed things, 6 plants was really to many 2 or 3 vegged a full month to 6 weeks with lst & topping would have easily doubled that yield, but the takeaway was the insane potency I got that 3 zips lasted as long as 6 usually does for me, ,I think you would do fine with either spectrum, . I'm glad you have enjoyed my journals that's why I do it, well and it keeps me on track and motivated lol, feel free to speak up whenever you like:thumb:

Hey BID

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Mars II. I bought 2 of the reflector lights, so I'm still testing those out, but I think I'm going to finish out my flowering room with MARS II 1200's. My concern is penetration. How "deep" do you think the MARS II makes good buds? I suppose a distance from the light is better than from the top of the plant since that can vary a lot.

My basement is not tall (~6'8"), so I MIGHT be able to get away with the 3W lights, but I'm not 100% sure. I've got them running for my current batch, so I will get to see how "deep" they go. It seems like LEDs have a somewhat narrow sweet spot of distance from the light. I bought these as veg lights, but the 3W is too strong for my very short veg space. That's why they are now in the flowering room :blalol:

Anyway, thanks for the feedback on the MARS II. I have a lot of respect for your growing knowledge/skills. :Namaste:

nice i think i could make a cabinet to hold it in now the wheels are turnin

Search for "bonsai sultan method". You don't have to do it exactly like that, but the concepts are valuable to understand if you want to breed in a small amount of space. I plan to dedicate a very small area, and it will be plenty for what I want to do. If I ever get to where I want 1000's of seeds from a cross, I'll just fertilize a plant in another room, then wash it down and move it back to the regular room. You don't need the big lights for this step. Just make sure you maintain the photoperiod (ie 12+ hour dark period). Pollen is pretty much neutralized if you get it wet, so just spray the breeding female down after she is fertilized. After you spray her, she won't risk fertilize her sisters. :)

Back
Top Bottom