Big Bomb - First Grow

Many thanks. The photo's don't do her enough justice. I'm just happy that after all I've put her through she is still kicking along at a healthy pace.

With approx. 2-3 weeks left in flowering she is starting to fatten out. Oddly enough my biggest bud is from the lowest branch on the plant. Goes to show pruning throughout veg and tucking/defoliating throughout flowering really pays off. Removed all bottom-half leaves and either tucked away or cut off any top branch leaves to get even saturation of light throughout the canopy. All the bud sites that I thought were going to remain popcorn throwaways have actually swollen up to at least 1g'ers. If you look carefully you can see the leaves are beginning to be sapped of their remaining nutrients. The end is nigh.

The boquet of colas in all their glory. See the tallest/fattest one to the left? That's from the very bottom branch.

20170923_041347.jpg

20170930_051539.jpg

The three sisters looking mighty fine.

20170923_041303.jpg

This is the middle of the plant. As you can see, within a week some smaller buds have appeared and grown big in such a short period. And this is AFTER I've plucked the plant of at least half a dozen midget buds.

20170923_041337.jpg

This is one of the buds I was tempted to remove when it first started flowering, but I gave it its own dedicated light and rolled the dice. Had I used a more powerful globe I believe it would be much bigger. Still, its bigger than it ever should have been. I have at least 4 like this that I initially wanted to remove but instead put a light in front of it.

20170930_051406.jpg

20170930_051420.jpg

20170930_051356.jpg

I have learned that a tucked/defoliated plant should look like this from above, so light can penetrate through to all bud sites.

20170930_051549.jpg

Well, we're finally here. The very last week of my precious girls' lifecycle. It has been four long months. So very many mistakes has been made. And the death of 9 of her siblings... all because of my amateurish understanding of horticulture. I truly wish I could go back and start again, with the knowledge I have now I'm sure I could have easily doubled my yield. For its strain this looks like the lower end of the bargain, but not terrible for a first timer. I cut a couple of tiny buds (3g wet weight, 1g dry) and had a smoke and holy Moses, 3hrs later I still felt as if I'd just hit it. Very long lasting pleasant high. Beautiful smell and taste, can only assume would be 100x better with proper curing. I will certainly be cutting her down before her trichomes get too cloudy. Here are a selection of photos I took this morning before and after her final defoliation. She gets one more feed of water then I let her go dry in the soil before the chop.

20171007_050544.jpg

20171007_050451.jpg

20171007_051455.jpg

20171007_051417.jpg

20171007_053856.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Since I figured there was little to no interest in my grow I never got around to posting the final results. My apologies.

So, I grew impatient and pulled her two weeks earlier than I probably should have. As I enjoy more of a social/head high I didn't want her trichomes getting too amber. The thing about Bomb Seeds and their genetics is that they blow up in their final few weeks, so I could have potential doubled my yield had I waited.

20171009_181232.jpg

20171011_080316.jpg

Now, considering I put her through a tonne of stress, attempted ametuer training and either under watered or over nuted her she came through with a steady 2oz of dry weight in the end. For one plant on a first grow with plenty of mistakes I consider that quite impressive.

I have since moved on to growing Big Bomb Auto (fem) and it is a much easier and faster grow. They don't take nearly as much punishment as their heritage genetics but they obviously tolerate more than the regular autoflower strain. Dollar for dollar, I'd pick auto seeds for this strain over its regular in a stealth/small setup. If you have the space or growing outdoor nothing beats Big Bomb (regular) seeds for yield, potency and excess leaf production (for hash, edibles, etc).

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :thanks:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom