Big Buddha Blue Cheese - When can I cut big fan leaves? First Grow

NorCalHomeGro

Topped these ladies one week ago today for the first time. Day #20 in Veg and #29 since I planted the sprouts in rockwool.

These ladies have some big fan leaves and I was wondering if/when I should defoliate when it comes to these big fan leaves as they shade out the other growth trying to come up...or is it too early to worry about it?

Probably going to look at topping again this weekend.

Ending third week of Veg tomorrow (Sat).

PHOTOS:

IMG_60646.JPG
IMG_60656.JPG
IMG_60667.JPG
IMG_60678.JPG
IMG_60687.JPG
IMG_60718.JPG
IMG_60749.JPG
IMG_60757.JPG
IMG_608011.JPG
IMG_60798.JPG
IMG_60785.JPG

It's not early at all. If it were my grow I would defoliate now for sure.
Your plants look great, nice and healthy! Great job.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you MsSinful for taking your time and for your feedback. Much appreciated. I had a feeling the time was right...and it felt right in the process :)

I did accidentally take a clone in the process :oops: of spreading them out a bit after the chop...live and learn.

Again...:thanks:

IMG_60869.JPG
IMG_60885.JPG
IMG_60895.JPG
IMG_609310.JPG
IMG_60948.JPG
IMG_609511.JPG
IMG_60966.JPG
IMG_60979.JPG
IMG_61018.JPG

Those look great! The new growth is going to explode within days.
How long do you plan veggin for?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks, I was going for at least another week...but I want to top again as soon as I can...so maybe two more? Not sure yet...flying by the seat of my pants at this point. Never been a plant guy nor anything resembling a green thumb :) Did my home work for a couple months and jumped in with both feet! Usually how I do things. :)

Hey girls look nice!! Why dont u fim? I just fimmed mine and they didn't slow down at all. Looks like a cabbage is growing out of the top of my plants. I also want to take the big fan leaves off mine probably gonna do it soon so inner growth can explode!! Looking fantastic!! Keep up the great work. I will hang out to watch u hit this home run!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

Thank you pino. I may try that after my next top. Was thinking of doing two tops and then maybe a fem. Is fem better to do when the growth is very young? Or when you would normally top again?

I waited until the 5th node was just large enough to cut well, small top. Not sure when to top the second time.

Thank you for joining in and providing advice. Much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom