Big Buddha Cheese: Part Deux

Update: Day 29 12/12
Just drinking a lot, and getting fatter.
Stretch main cola's, start 10 inches, at day 22 the tallest is 36"a couple at that height, the shortest is 24". More taller ones than shorter ones, but happy with the stretch. My lights are 17" from the tops, may raise them a couple of inches, but they seem fine as they are.
Group shot and a few individual cola.

Looks good you did get a lot of bio-mass. That ain't all that bad really. Hard to manage.

I run a SOG style with poles not netting. I take EVERYTHING under the canopy that ain't gonna make a bud site at the canopy. Shape them more like a mushroom.

It's ok to have side branches. With my stakes I wire them together and just hold up the skirt once they get too heavy and start to droop down from weight.

With stakes I can get in there IF I need to. I try not to for sure. Sometimes I have to harvest a plant thats in the back first. I'm about to be in that situation in a week or so. Down side to growing in a smallish room. Gotta pull a few plants out to harvest in the back.

You be good since everyone is the same age!

All the buds will grow more leaves to reap the light energy. It already looks like they are catching up.

Thats pretty fast actually. I'm in soil so I wouldn't get that kind of recovery. Thats actually pretty awesome.

This morning right after lights out, I vacuumed the drainage bin. Last night 4 drip cycles at, in seconds, 75, 50, 50, and 105. was 4.7 gallon. I got 1.5 gallons of runoff which is 0.32%. Happy with that. I get runoff with all four cycles. 1st cycle is to totally saturate the coco after the 12 hour lights off period, 2nd and 3rd cycles get decent runoff but mainly just to feed, and the final cycles and hour prior to lights off give me a mini flush to clean the root system and saturate the pots, prepping them for the lights off period. After 12 hours of darkness the pots are just damp, so the plants are drinking. Love it!

I'm back, had to stop and roll me a fatty.

My last few grows I have had some lockout and burning at about week 4 and 5, when I begin adding flower nutes, KoolBloom liquid. I know the cause now, it was too rich a mixture, was running 0.75 % rate with every rez fill. I have switched to PK 13/14 at just over a 0.4 rate, and just completed my second addition of this nute at the same rate. The final rez of Bloom nutes will be at about 15%. At week seven I will adding KoolBloom dry at a less than a quarter rate for one application and begin backing off the N and get ready for flush.

I have changed a number of things during this grow, all minor changes but sticking to this throughout the grow to see if this will give me the same results or better without the burn or lockout. Hoping I am getting close to nailing coco growing. I have been getting closer with each grow.
Even though I have been running 1 gram plus per grow over the past few years, I think I can get this shit dialed in and do better.
Wish to fuck I lived in a Cannabis friendly state would like to have the room and the freedom to experiment. Now it's just grow and try to get enough to make my med's and have some to smoke.

OK, the fatty of Big Buddha Cheese is doing it's job.

Peace out folks,

GR

I think they have recovered from the heavy trimming I did on the 21st. These two pics are of the same grouping of plants, it's amazing what 10 days does for a plant. The resilience of these plants are truly way cool!
First picture is from 2/22 the morning after the trim.

This picture was taken yesterday right after lights out.

GR

Looks good you did get a lot of bio-mass. That ain't all that bad really. Hard to manage.

I run a SOG style with poles not netting. I take EVERYTHING under the canopy that ain't gonna make a bud site at the canopy. Shape them more like a mushroom.

It's ok to have side branches. With my stakes I wire them together and just hold up the skirt once they get too heavy and start to droop down from weight.

With stakes I can get in there IF I need to. I try not to for sure. Sometimes I have to harvest a plant thats in the back first. I'm about to be in that situation in a week or so. Down side to growing in a smallish room. Gotta pull a few plants out to harvest in the back.

You be good since everyone is the same age!

All the buds will grow more leaves to reap the light energy. It already looks like they are catching up.

Thats pretty fast actually. I'm in soil so I wouldn't get that kind of recovery. Thats actually pretty awesome.

Hey bud you are right, I have been removing a few large fans already. I have had good success with plant recovery for a number of grows now, i believe it has to do with the root system I'm able to achieve growing in coco and smart pots along with using Subculture II and Great White root products. Was just 8 days when i took the first fan off.
I am going to cut the tips off some growth to get light a bit lower into the canopy but not totally remove the entire leaves. Just gonna do it too a few of the plants, been curious about this for awhile.
I would like to do an organics soil grow at some point, when I'm able to grow out side.

Update: Day 35

Well they have totally recovered from the day 21 pruning, growing well and beginning to fatten up.
I took P/K 13/14 out of the mix and increased the A&b just a tad. This will be my mix for the next couple of weeks then will do a week of KoolBloom Dry formula for 4 to 8 days.
With this rez dump/mini flush, I added one gallon of RO to the rez to bring it to 5 gallons @ 591 ppm. I added Great White and began doing the mini I noticed that the emitters weren't putting out as they should so I shut the system down and removed the filter from the tops of the 8 port manifolds and cleaned them. They were fairly plugged up, I believe its the Great White which does not go completely into suspension. Reinstalled and finished running the remaining solution. Cleaned the filters again.
I believe I will go back to my old plan of doing the mini flush when the rez low but removing three or so gallons, mix the Great White in that and after finishing the mini flush, then hand water the remaining solution with the Great White in the pots.

Anyway, they are doing ok, so here are a few pics

They are finely putting on some trichs, mainly on the sugar leaves.

I am happy!

GR

Man every time I check back in you're killing it! That irrigating system looks like it took a bit of patience to route, hurts my back looking at it lol

Just got some coco. Excited to try.

I am working on that, thinking a 42" lazy susan, that I can rotate some where in the 280 degrees should allow me to get to the plants easier. If I lived legal, I could have a room to do this shit in, not a tent, too old for hands and knees.
So innovation is the key.
Good luck on you cooc grow, if I can help just ask!
What coco did you get, which ever it is I would still charge it. I do my Canna coco and it is supposed to be right out of the bag good.

Update:
Day 42 and 43
Just getting by, by getting by.
20190315_090219 (2).jpg
20190315_090341 (3).jpg
20190315_090415 (2).jpg
20190315_205636.jpg
20190315_205647.jpg
20190316_090031 (2).jpg

This is pheno #2, it has started to Foxtail. Neither of the other two pheno's in the tent are reacting this way.
20190316_090110 (3).jpg

Getting some tip burn, I believe it is due to not calibrating my pH pin often enough. When I calibrated it the other day it had been about two to three weeks since I had calibrated it and there was a -1.7 difference between the first time I checked the rez and after I calibrated the pin. It may be heat also.
Oh well, just Keep on Trucking!!

:peace::passitleft::peace:

Made a change in my feeding as it is the 6th week.
Still keeping my base at around 300 but removed Coco B and replaced it with Dry KoolBloom at 0.5 grams/gallon, (recommended rate of 1.25 grams/gallon).
The worksheet:
20190317_114156 (2).jpg

I am working on that, thinking a 42" lazy susan, that I can rotate some where in the 280 degrees should allow me to get to the plants easier. If I lived legal, I could have a room to do this shit in, not a tent, too old for hands and knees.
So innovation is the key.
Good luck on you cooc grow, if I can help just ask!
What coco did you get, which ever it is I would still charge it. I do my Canna coco and it is supposed to be right out of the bag good.
Whoops I forgot to reply. I have a habit of reading replies and then meaning to reply later, and smoking a bowl, and then forgetting... Go figure. I had to look up what a lazy Susan was; sounded like my old girlfriend. Nah I'm just kidding... Her name was Samantha. *ba dum tiss*

Those are looking quite frosty my friend! You're running both 315s now?

Anyway I got this stuff, Procoir... Earthjuice makes pretty good products. I rinsed it very thoroughly until it ran clear, and then I charged it with about 200 PPM of nutrients. 1 tsp of Flora Nova Bloom and 1 tsp of CalMag+ into 5 gallons. I'm not really sure how much extra calcium I should be using, this cut is pretty calcium greedy. The FN Bloom alreay has quite a bit of calcium and magnesium in it though, so I wasn't trying to go too heavy on the CalMag+. I had just seen other people online mentioning running FN Bloom in coco and CalMag was the only other thing they suggested. I'm probably going to run some P and K booster once into flower though.

Today's worksheet!
20190321_114353.jpg

Went back and added 13 ml of Canna A, missed the target of 300 ppm plus got 233 ppm, so after adding 13 ml got 318 ppm.
Here are a few pic's from the past couple of days.
20190319_090727 (2).jpg 20190320_210110 (3).jpg 20190320_210209 (2).jpg 20190321_090131.jpg

Checking trichs this AM, mostly still clear, upper parts of the buds are a bit cloudy which I believe is due to being maybe a bit close to the lamps. Lamps raised as high as I can get and they are only 19 to 20 inches above the tops of the buds. Will probably harvest the main colas first and maybe wait a few day to do the lower parts of the plant. At least 11 days and maybe up to 18 days before I will harvest the main colas, will be determined by the stage of the Trichs.

GR

Few pics from this weekend and today.
This seems to be working well for me, on the fourth day of the rez it contains about 3 gallons, I add one gallon of RO and Great White, bringing my ppm down to around 530. I then do a mini flush to empty the rez and do a thorough cleaning, add 20 gallons of RO and start the whole process over again. I do this every second rez fill.

Today's worksheet. Made little change, increased Epsom to 0.75 grams, decreased KoolBloom to 0.25 grams, increased Boost to 14 ml. Overall my ppm for A & KoolBloom is 270 ppm, 30 ppm below my target but beginning to lower N as getting close to ending run.
20190325_104750.jpg

Day 50 3/23
20190323_205918.jpg

Day 51 3/24 Got some Fox Tailing happening.
20190324_075837 (3).jpg

Day 52 3/25
20190325_090957 (2).jpg
20190325_091007 (2).jpg
20190325_091016 (2).jpg
20190325_091032 (2).jpg
20190325_091152 (2).jpg
20190325_091229 (2).jpg

Peace out!

GR

Attachments

• 20190325_091152.jpg