Big Dog's maiden journey begins!

Baja Big Dog

After many newbie dumb questions, and the help of many folks here, the cherry is broken, and the "Short Bus" grow begins!!:thanks:

A litle fuzzy...again, its a short bus thing!!
IMG_14292.jpg

Casey Jones
IMG_14364.jpg

Sour grape
IMG_14354.jpg

I am sure more dumb questions are on the way!!:slide::ganjamon:

Re: Big Dog's maiden journey begins!!

Your set-up looks legit!

Aww look at the sad little clones... you better nurse them back to health!

I just got them last night....do they look that bad? The ends of a couple leaves looked like they were clipped, maybe four of the plants had been clipped.

They were all in plugs, and they all had some good roots, I planted them into my cubes, the cubes are wet, and the clones were also wet, Im a little unsure about watering the cubes, the guy I got them from said maybe once a day, but this fricken watering thing is becoming confusing!!

Dont worry about my feelings!!:slide:I was married for 12 years!!:thanks:

Another question is should I get some nutes to the plants right away?

I read somewhere here (dont ask me where...I read so fricken much, my head is spinning!!), sould using a spray bottle now help, or should I just run the resi with the nutes now? Dont want to rish over watering right off the bat.

Im using Botanicare Pure Blend Pro grow 3-2-4, and Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom 2-3-5, Im assuming the Bloom should be for blooming? DAH!! The Grow says to use 1 1/2 tsp per gallon for seedlings.

I just got them last night....do they look that bad? The ends of a couple leaves looked like they were clipped, maybe four of the plants had been clipped.

They were all in plugs, and they all had some good roots, I planted them into my cubes, the cubes are wet, and the clones were also wet, Im a little unsure about watering the cubes, the guy I got them from said maybe once a day, but this fricken watering thing is becoming confusing!!

Dont worry about my feelings!!:slide:I was married for 12 years!!:thanks:

Another question is should I get some nutes to the plants right away?

I read somewhere here (dont ask me where...I read so fricken much, my head is spinning!!), sould using a spray bottle now help, or should I just run the resi with the nutes now? Dont want to rish over watering right off the bat.

Im using Botanicare Pure Blend Pro grow 3-2-4, and Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom 2-3-5, Im assuming the Bloom should be for blooming? DAH!! The Grow says to use 1 1/2 tsp per gallon for seedlings.

No they don't look that bad, especially if you just got them last night. I like to keep clones under 24 hour light until they really get rooted.

I don't like to water until it looks like it needs it, but never let the cube become dry. If you're under HID lights you'll want to water every day most likely.

I would lay off the nutrients for a week or so unless they start to show deficiencies, just to be safe. When you do decide to use nutes, start out at 1/4 strength and work your way up.

In all honesty, it looks like you've got your shit together for this being your first grow! :goodjob:

No they don't look that bad, especially if you just got them last night. I like to keep clones under 24 hour light until they really get rooted.

I don't like to water until it looks like it needs it, but never let the cube become dry. If you're under HID lights you'll want to water every day most likely.

I would lay off the nutrients for a week or so unless they start to show deficiencies, just to be safe. When you do decide to use nutes, start out at 1/4 strength and work your way up.

In all honesty, it looks like you've got your shit together for this being your first grow! :goodjob:

WOW!! Not bad for a hair lip window licking short bus driver huh!!!:thanks:

Hi Big Dog:goodjob:
Looks like you planned well:surf:
I'm glad you have a sense of humor, sure makes everything more fun.:cheer:
I will join you on this grow if you don't mind.:ganjamon:
:peace:

Mahlo amigo!!
Support and comments welcomed!!

What Island, got a bunch of friends the ride morotcycles in Baja with us each year form the islands!!

Crazy dudes!!

They are fans of growing!!

Very nice start bro, everything seems to be going well for you
But I am sure your ment to start adding nutes right away when doing hydro, starting off at 1/4 strength.

The formula on the nute bottle has the recipe for seedlings, and new plants, which is the 1 1/2 tsp per gallon, it strength increases as the plant matures (dont have the bottle here, so dont have the recipe for mature, but it is increased as the plants grow)

Mahlo amigo!!
Support and comments welcomed!!

What Island, got a bunch of friends the ride morotcycles in Baja with us each year form the islands!!

Crazy dudes!!

They are fans of growing!!

Oahu.:grinjoint:
A thundering herd comes through here every weekend. Could Be?

Oahu.:grinjoint:
A thundering herd comes through here every weekend. Could Be?

Holy crap, Ill bet its them!! A couple of young guys, but the leader of the pack is a fricken 65 year old man, he rides everyday there, all off road, look for a Kawasaki 450, with an old man on it, and tell him Big Dog told him to get a JOB!!!!!

The sister is there now, should be coming home tomorrow...Im jealous!!

Holy crap, Ill bet its them!! A couple of young guys, but the leader of the pack is a fricken 65 year old man, he rides everyday there, all off road, look for a Kawasaki 450, with an old man on it, and tell him Big Dog told him to get a JOB!!!!!

The sister is there now, should be coming home tomorrow...Im jealous!!

Hell He's just a youngster. Maybe I'll just wave a big sign at him the ses
"Big Dog said get a job":cheer: :peace:

Yellow leaves??

tips are a little yellow, after two days in rockwool

IMG_14366.jpg

Water once a day for 30 mins, 1000 watts at 50% light.

Paranoid???

Yellow leaves??

tips are a little yellow, after two days in rockwool

Water once a day for 30 mins, 1000 watts at 50% light.

Paranoid???

Did you presoak the rockwool in some sort of conditioner? I know most rockwool isn't ph balanced... that might be whats causing the yellowing, but it's hard to say.

Did you presoak the rockwool in some sort of conditioner? I know most rockwool isn't ph balanced... that might be whats causing the yellowing, but it's hard to say.

Ya, I ran the system for two days, prior to planting the clones, they were wet, based on weight, they had about 50% water when I planted, the one that looked the worst was sitting in the rockwool hole loosely, I pulled some rockwool from another block, and packed around the plug, and watered with some resi water, with nutes, and PH at 5.6

Light distance?

What distance should I have the lights at now?

The light is at the top of the room, at 50% of 1000 watts....should I increase the power of the light?

When should I change the light schedule?

Back
Top Bottom