Big Head - Dead Head OG Heavy Yield!

Gotten allot better man, lil sun stress on them still, but nothing major.... they arnt the greenest and prettiest either but the buds are all i care about, the nothern lights though is my cream of the crop i think, the buds are tighting up, geting more colas that are poping up, had to tie couple of there branches to tomato cage to hold them up :) that must mean they are liking it ! i think the 10gals are way easier to control then the 15gals for sure, they just are easyer to work with and to tomato cages make it easy to tie to and still beable to move them around the room, when you see the big ones you can see i have yo-yo hooks up and i wouldnt beable to move them after i hook up...... i wonder if the yo-yos would hook on to the tomato cage :hmmmm: ill have to check that out later,

also in the pic you can see i had to tie some string to the base stem of my plant and pull up the outside branches up and toward the middle, overnight the center peice fell over and nocked a ton down so had to make a 'T' out of some small peices of wood, and used it as a lift up for the plant, pushed them up and stuck it in!

Photo_2013-05-28_08_33_56_AM.jpg
Photo_2013-05-28_08_34_31_AM.jpg
Photo_2013-05-28_08_34_06_AM.jpg
Photo_2013-05-28_08_34_15_AM.jpg

Heres a pic of the node spacing of the northern lights, looking like they might get longer buds then the dead head but not a fat for sure lool

Photo_2013-05-28_08_33_49_AM.jpg

Make sure those beasts are getting ALOT of ventilation so PM or Black Mold doesn't become an issue. Looks like your going to have to pick up a case or two of canning jars to cure all of that bud :)

Make sure those beasts are getting ALOT of ventilation so PM or Black Mold doesn't become an issue. Looks like your going to have to pick up a case or two of canning jars to cure all of that bud :)

yep yep lol. i have a larger fan that is wall mounted and ocolates though the plants ; )

Those are gonna be monsters by the time they finish :thumb:

Those are gonna be monsters by the time they finish :thumb:

LOL they all ready are!!! just started to trim them up, only have couple more weeks left of flower, going to water then feed last time within this week if they drink as much as i want them too ; P.

Anyone have any recomendations on products that help flush, let me know, otherwise they are just geting water for 3 days, and only 1 hr of light,

Also: any tips and trick on curing, hanging, trimming ill be stalking the forms for info just want to know what my 420 brothers be hangin ; P

Ill have some pic up today her too

Here is a pic of one of my mystery strains that i trew into flower, pretty sure its indica dom, HUGE fan leafs, thats why i was sceptical of the sex of the plant, after i saw the sex i was just like, F it, so i desided to just throw it through flower and see what i get lol,
photo_2_80.JPG
image_2_8.jpeg

You have alot more work coming bro at harvest time, Im not jealous on that just on those beasts you growing! lol Trimming leaf off helps them dry out faster but slower is better often said.Only A little deal over here, I trim off leaf without crystals and hang them in a box,when dry I cut buds off stems do last trim for looks and save it for hash, buds go in jar for cure then,My Lady says its strongest smell during hanging drying too , Im sure youll find a way best for you :goodluck:

You have alot more work coming bro at harvest time, Im not jealous on that just on those beasts you growing! lol Trimming leaf off helps them dry out faster but slower is better often said.Only A little deal over here, I trim off leaf without crystals and hang them in a box,when dry I cut buds off stems do last trim for looks and save it for hash, buds go in jar for cure then,My Lady says its strongest smell during hanging drying too , Im sure youll find a way best for you :goodluck:

PROBLY what ill be doing, going to make some bubble hash and some wax, got some more pics of the girls, me and my partner spent mabe 3 hrs in room triming the fanleafs off the plant to get air fow into them : ) they are geting frostyyyy!!!

here are the girls after a nice trimming! have a bit to go, took forever even with a extra set of hands lol

here is some pics of the dead head og

image76.jpeg
photo458.JPG
image_515.jpeg
image_421.jpeg

These are the northern light shots

image_230.jpeg
image_134.jpeg
image_323.jpeg
image_78.jpeg
image_611.jpeg
image_84.jpeg
image_92.jpeg

Im loving the northern lights ones, the combo of the wheels under them, and the tomato cages, makes them very eeasy to work with, when i move my next crop in im only doing 10 gals and having them all rocking tomato cages lol they are sooo much easier to control nutes, watering extra, the 15 gals drank and fed soo much it was hard for me to keep deficencys/burns away, 10 gals had no issues and always were green, dont get me wroung, the deadhead is dence and dank but the northern just looks like some prime smoke, they are not as dence at all compared to deadhead, makes me belive its sativa dom definatily lol dead head is sopost to be a 60/40 sativa its self, so both are going to be frosty nomader wat lol

LOL they all ready are!!! just started to trim them up, only have couple more weeks left of flower, going to water then feed last time within this week if they drink as much as i want them too ; P.

Anyone have any recomendations on products that help flush, let me know, otherwise they are just geting water for 3 days, and only 1 hr of light,

Also: any tips and trick on curing, hanging, trimming ill be stalking the forms for info just want to know what my 420 brothers be hangin ; P

Ill have some pic up today her too

I'm in the camp that thinks water is the best thing to flush with. If the goal is to lower the concentration of something, how would using something with stuff already in it do a better job than 'empty' water? Maybe there is something to help dissolve any salt deposits, but how is that flushing the inside of your plant?

I'm also in the camp of not starving my plants at the end. We all agree that most of the bud weight goes on at the very end of flower, so why would I want to then limit the plants ability to do that by starving it? I can certainly see how removing excess metals, such as Mg or Ca, would improve the smoke, but I can't imagine it takes more than a couple days for the plant to use up any reserves. If do a flush, it won't be for more than a couple days, and they will probably be in the dark anyway.

a while back Goldengoose7 posted a formula for a HomeMade Clearex Recipe!.
HomeMade Clearex Recipe!
Make Your Own Flushing Solution for Pennies on the Dollar!

I have posted this recipe on a few other journals and threads around here, but I have never made an official post in my own journal complete with my usual photo documentation. Until now! :thumb:

This recipe makes 2 liters worth which should last most home growers an entire season

Combine the following dry ingredients in a saucepan along with 2 Liters of Fresh RO Water...

120 grams of Dextrose (I use Coopers Brand - Used for Beer Making)
60 grams of Sucrose (Your Common White Table Sugar)
1.5 grams Sodium Benzoate (* Optional as a preservative)
1-2 drops of Green or Blue Food Coloring (For Effect! + Makes it Obvious It Isn't Just Plain Water)

P1011748.JPG

In order to fully dissolve the Sodium Benzoate into solution, I heat the mixture to 200 degrees on the stovetop. This ensures that all of the sugars and preservative are dissolved evenly into solution.

p1011757.JPG

* If you keep the mixture in the freezer till needed, you can skip adding the preservative. But BE WARNED! Sugar water grows bacteria like gang-busters so you either freeze the product till needed or use the preservative. I prefer to use the preservative so I can store the finished product at room temperature indefinitely along with all my commercial additives.

Just like the commercial version, you use 15ml of this mixture per gallon of water for flushing.

The finished product ready for use on your flowering plants!

P1011759.JPG

Enjoy! :thumb:

a while back Goldengoose7 posted a formula for a HomeMade Clearex Recipe!.

thats dope, but what benefit does that have that is better then water??

OH YHHEAAA

so im going to put one ov my plants in to the plant o the month contest, but i havnt picked which one, i wanted to do the dead head but it looks all sloppy right now even tho the buds are dence and huge, the norther lights on the other hand looks beautiful lol thinking that i might just put them in because they are just so healthy/fat

Once i let them grow for another week i think im going to enter this one, should be even bigger by then!

image_323.jpeg

lol thats what i be saying! ; P im thinking she would do better then the bigger ones just becasue she is alot neater looking, the dead head just looks like a hot mess haha
photo458.JPG

Back
Top Bottom