Big Problem - Can't figure out what

ttundra2007

Hey guys. New to the site and have a big problem. Not sure if it's rust or some kind of deficiency. I've read though here and looked at the charts and what not, but still can't seem to pinpoint it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The plants a white widow if it helps. I've had problems with others, but this is the worst. Soil is sunshine #4 with some garden&Bloom, I think, compost. Here's some pics.

weed33.jpg

weed27.jpg

weed20.jpg

Thanks guys.:Rasta:

Not sure on the ph. I know. Check it. Never have and have had great success. Too hot for sure. Gets up to about 90 sometimes, but other plants are fine in the same closet.

I bought a cheap ph and fert tester that didn't work and never tried again. I guess I should get a little kit and do that. From the stuff I've read, looks like a P deficiency. I've been using mainly foxfarm. Thanks again. Sorry 420girl.

Yeah, I would agree with race fan. Definetally looks like a PH issue is going on, as well as some temp issues. Honestly I would lay off the nutes until you had a better idea of whats going on. Im not familiar with the different sunshine mixes but it looks like you have an excess of nitrogen to me too, as well as PH/lockup/or secondary nutrient deficiences, or excess of. Best thing I could suggest you do is buy a 10$ ph/moisture meter from home depot and get that PH back to where it needs to be. Also I have seen one plant in a garden have issues and have none of the other plants show the same problem even when their in the same room. Different strains have different abilities to cope with different kinds of stress. Some plants can take serious abuse while others are finicky and are looking for any reason to start drooping. So my point is that just because there are other plants in the room that have been treated the same as this plant that doesnt always meen that all your plants aren't having problems, maybe that plant is just the only one showing a problem right now, and the others may show the same problem/problems soon, or never at all. Especially when dealing with soil mixes you will get variances from one plant to the next simply because the soil isn't always perfectly consistent. When growing hydro its usually a little more uniform. More often than not when growing hydro what happens to one plant will likely happen to the rest within a very short period of time because of the easy access the plants have to the nutrient solution. First I would check the PH and get that temp down. Then you can and see what happens from there, but like I said you might want to give it like half strength nutes until you find out the problem or even just use straight water. I say that because if your PH is way off and you have all this unused fertilizer built up in your soil that your plants cant access (from a messed up PH), you can run into problems once the PH is corrected and all those nutes are now all of a sudden available to your plant. You can pretty easily burn your plants doing that. And if the plants get burned bad enough they may never return to normal and die from toxicity or over fertilizing(well, there both "overfertilizing"). Hope this helps. Keep us posted, Im interested to see what ends up ultimately helping you with this problem. Hydro is my thing but I want to learn as much as I can about soil cause I plan on starting a soil grow soon (its been like 6yrs since Ive grown in dirt! lol. wow thats like forever!) Good luck man!!

Oh yeah and one more question. You dont have Co2 injection do you? Cause it kinda looks like it could be burn from too much CO2 also but thats not whats happening if you arent using supplemental Co2. And even if you are its not that easy to get your ppms of Co2 up past 2000. But I have seen people do it before (bad PPM meters, broken timers etc). Also are you doing any foliar feeding (I think I see some hard water stains on the leaves but its hard to tell)Cause if you are that could be "burning" you leaves pretty easily too. Remember if you are foliar feeding to keep the nutrients at like a 10% of the normal strength. Just want to cover all the bases for ya buddy.

Thanks for the info greenisland. Yeah I definitely gotta get a ph kit. Seems like there's not as strong a root system as the other plants, as I have to water it way less. Good eyes though. Those white spots on the leaves are from the safer garden fungicide I've been using, as I thought it was a fungus. The water here on the Big Island is pretty good, which is why I never worried about ph, which I know is wrong to do. No fan in there at the moment either, just the vent fan. I know, not good again. I've been surprised by the success I've had in this simple closet, but I guess now I gotta make some changes. Thanks again buddy. Good luck with that dirt grow.

How strong of a circulating fan do you have and how close is it to your plants?
heat problems start at the top and work down, def and nute lock out from ph issues start at the bottom and work up. This appears to be all over.

At this point it is all over, but it seems to start from the bottom and spread. Other plants have had the same problem but either in budding, which is a cooler room, or minor problems which seemed to have been cured by the safer fungicide I've been using. If this helps, I made a couple cuttings a few weeks ago and all the plants but one had similar problems that have since got better after spraying the fungicide. Does cutting the branch to make the cutting make the plant susceptible to being infected by fungus or other things? Thanks again guys.

Yes, taking cuttings does make the plant more succeptible to rot and just about any disease. Thats why there are dips made especially for clones, because they are so succeptible to all the bad elements of a grow room. I agree with Hazeseeker though. It doesnt look all that deficient. It looks like a burn! If you were deficient in nutes usually you would notice the leaves yellowing (from lack of N) or showing some other sighns. But your plants are really dark GREEN, besides the spots that have been burned. Like I said before, I would fix the PH and get some fresh air in there (need an exhaust fan). Thats the first two most important things I could think of to do. Good luck man!

Back
Top Bottom