BigBearNTX Perpetual Auto Grow

You should have pistils any day now. Most of my autos start flowering in the three to five week range. If pistils show late, I know that is probably going to be a good candidate for topping and LST the next time I pop a seed.

Saturday update:

Bloom tent is chugging along and starting to get sparkly. Canuck Blueberry in front, two Cherry Wine CBD plants in the back.
Flash first to show the sparkle, and then with lights on.
71DBD5B0-A599-4676-AA1A-458A27BCB965.jpeg
3649832C-BE81-424E-B95A-E8C86E583453.jpeg

Veg “tent” is doing well. No sign of new mold growth. I took everyone out of the tent last week, scraped off the top layer and replaced with new perlite. Also have been trying to keep the overall humidity down and letting them dry out a bit more between feedings. I’m watering them in a separate container so that the overflow doesn’t collect on the tray in the tent. I did have to cull one cutting - one of the original three clones was slowly rotting so out it went.

One pic that shows a bit of the size of the space I’m working with 1x2 sqf, and one showing th height of the girls. The plan is to keep the clones in a holding pattern until the bloom tent finishes.
1610BA46-CA14-4B9C-97C1-EEEC128F9238.jpeg
C23D00E2-6A6A-445C-ACF2-7D0D6B877164.jpeg

That’s all I’ve got this week. Still on track for a Christmas harvest of the bloom tent.

Hey Bear, your scrog is looking good :D And I really like that little veg zone you’ve made, it looks perfect in size to me. 1’ x 2’ did you say? Very nice... looks like a shelf system similar to what SweetSue used to use for her veg area. I’m really thinking about doing something like this going forward. Very efficient

Hope all is well - how is the vape juice project coming along?

That looks really promising in the bloom tent. Very nice and even scrog!
Thanks! It’s looks almost exactly the same this week. I’ve got a couple of colas that have jusped ahead of others, but at this stage I’m not adjusting them, just letting them finish upas they are.

Hey Bear, your scrog is looking good :D And I really like that little veg zone you’ve made, it looks perfect in size to me. 1’ x 2’ did you say? Very nice... looks like a shelf system similar to what SweetSue used to use for her veg area. I’m really thinking about doing something like this going forward. Very efficient

Hope all is well - how is the vape juice project coming along?
Hi Amy! It is indeed one of those small storage shelves that I have wrapped in reflective material. I have the light sitting on top of the top shelf and created an arched top so it’s all included. It has a 300w corn cob LED bulb that I bought at hom

Depot for about $35USD. It’s working well so far, and the temps are pretty good as well.

The vape juice was a failure, the rosin came out of suspension and it just doesn’t work as e-juice. I’ve still got it sitting on my shelf, I may try to dilute it with alcohol and see if I can turn it into an alcohol tincture for gummies. Next time I’ll buy the commercial mix instead (Wax Liquidizer or EJ mix).

Other that that, all is well. I’m kinda bored with the current grow though. I’m pretty u committed to photos until March, and then it’s back to autos for me. :)

The bloom tent is at a day 40 since flip, and I think the Canuck Blueberry will wind up finishing right at 8 weeks. Breeder says 8-9 weeks of bloom, so that means maybe next weekend. Took a look at the trichomes and they are maturing well. Got a lot of cloudy, and I can start to see some amber wanting to start, but there is still a bit of clear as well. Harvest will most likely be next weekend or the following.

Cherry Wine is in the back of the tent, so can’t get to her to check trichs, but I’m hoping that they are close to the same stage. Supposed to be a 9 week indoor flower period, so if it’s not ready with the Blueberry, it should be the week after. Of course, these are bag seeds, and we’re probably grown outdoors, so who knows what the father was.

6074EBC3-BC05-40EC-9D10-61C90148283E.jpeg

The Blueberry buds are getting really frosty!
083EF6C2-3EF5-4A4D-8148-E1C7C0F332EA.jpeg

And a pic of the next batch.
DE341143-F99E-4BAA-97E1-2DB7255CDECB.jpeg

I took a look at trichomes today on the Canuck Blueberry and I’m having doubts about harvesting this weekend. I think it could go another week.

On the other hand, if I clear the tent this weekend, I have room to repot my clones, trim them, and let them veg a couple more weeks before flowering them.

I was hoping to take the plants directly from veg to flower, but they have grown too tall in veg and are going to need a haircut. Which means time to recover. And that also means that I may as well repot them as well.

I’m torn. Any advice?

Don't dare cut early.

I repotted the RD the day I flipped it. I think I could have potted to a 7 from the 3. It's rootbound now.

Couldn't you also just start the veg plants in flower a day or so by changing the light schedule or just moving them out of their current place for a day or two before moving them into the tent, make sense?

Weekend update:

Held off on harvest for another week. I did take the screen out of the tent so I could get to the plants and take them out for a good look at the trichomes. I probably could have harvested this weekend, but I’m going to be patient and wait one more week.

The Canuck Blueberry photo and the Cherry Wine are at seven weeks since flip.

I trimmed up the clones, and am now having second thoughts about doing that. Oh well.

Blueberry is not going to yield a lot, small nugs, but pretty dense. I’m guessing about an ounce and a half, or 40-ish grams. We’ll find out next week!

No pictures since I can’t seem to upload tonight.

Holy crap that's crowded in your tent. :)

The trics look beautiful! :)
Yes it is! And going to stay crowded for another couple of months with the clones. Lol

So tempting to harvest. But I can’t really harvest during the week anyway, so will wait until Saturday. :)

Back
Top Bottom