BigBearNTX Perpetual Auto Grow

something going on right now that got me a little distracted. LolQ
:circle-of-love:

I read you’re supposed to let them dry out between waterings. Lol
:rofl: you funny Bear! :laughtwo:

Seriously tho - get that chit out of your tent! It will potentially cause problems for your happy and living plants. Any dead plant matter is a site for molds and things to take hold. I’m really glad to see and hear that this run is getting you back on track. I’m on a similar boat after losing my summer crop. Jars are getting fairly thin :eek: Got a little Early Miss auto to harvest tomorrow tho so the jar re-filling begins.

Hope things are settling for you on the work front, or that any business is all for pleasure. Can’t be easy with all the required adjustments because of the plague.

I haven’t looked at the current situation over there for a while - I boycotted the news pretty much for the time being. And the internet too - except for here and grow related shopping! LOL!

Waving at you across the pacific BigBear! :ciao:

Hey @BigBearNTexas Nice looking ladies you've got there. im gona grab my popcorn and follow along. My flipping day to flower is getting closer and I want to grab as much as info as i can.

I think with what you've read about dryness of roots is misunderstood. My understanding was they dnt mind a bit of dryness but not for days.

ALso, are you about to harvest the plants in your recent pics or is the plant readly hungry?

:circle-of-love:

:rofl: you funny Bear! :laughtwo:

Seriously tho - get that chit out of your tent! It will potentially cause problems for your happy and living plants. Any dead plant matter is a site for molds and things to take hold. I’m really glad to see and hear that this run is getting you back on track. I’m on a similar boat after losing my summer crop. Jars are getting fairly thin :eek: Got a little Early Miss auto to harvest tomorrow tho so the jar re-filling begins.

Hope things are settling for you on the work front, or that any business is all for pleasure. Can’t be easy with all the required adjustments because of the plague.

I haven’t looked at the current situation over there for a while - I boycotted the news pretty much for the time being. And the internet too - except for here and grow related shopping! LOL!

Waving at you across the pacific BigBear! :ciao:

I need to remove it under the cover of night, I just keep forgetting. Lol

and I wasn’t thinking it would be a problem since it is bone dry, so no problem with it developing mold or rot in the root. And my humidity is fairly low, so I’m not worried about RH causing the dead leaves to develop mold. But you’re right; it does need to shuffle on to it’s next stop in the recycle cycle. Lol

Hey @BigBearNTexas Nice looking ladies you've got there. im gona grab my popcorn and follow along. My flipping day to flower is getting closer and I want to grab as much as info as i can.

I think with what you've read about dryness of roots is misunderstood. My understanding was they dnt mind a bit of dryness but not for days.

ALso, are you about to harvest the plants in your recent pics or is the plant readly hungry?
I mostly grow autos, but dabble in photos now and then. I like the idea of photos, but have only had one successful run of photos.

This group is in week eight, and most of my autos tend to run about ten to eleven weeks, so I’m at the end of this run. I’ll probably drop seeds for the next batch next week. I like to drop in the first of the month, it makes counting when to harvest easier. Lol

I may go ahead and start one photo with the next round. And then use that for a mother, take clones, and harvest the clones around Christmas.

and they have been pretty thirsty. I’ve been feeding a bit heavy with MegaCrop supplemented with Bontanicare cal-mag.

So, harvested the tent. Have the buds in the dark tent to dry out. Pics eventually.

Shutting the tent down for about a month. Planning on a vacation in early August and so don’t want to have to be tied to watering plants for a while. I’ll start up again mid August. I have plenty of bud to last until November or so.

The cycle begins again.

Royal Queen Seeds Stress Killer x 5
Tangerine Dream freebie x 1

5A09FC58-9B27-41EB-8D2E-C2338FA13B66.jpeg

Pics tomorrow. All the girls have grown substantially since the last update.

I’m trying to reverse one of the girls to make feminized pollen. I started treating with Tiresias Mist a week ago. Very quickly depleted that bottle and have been using colloidal silver instead.

I’m also a dork and should have just sprayed one branch. But the plant was small and so I figured I would go ahead and spray the whole thing to increase my odds of something happening. Except now it’s a much bigger plant, which takes more spray, but I’m also now kinda committed to this path.

so we’ll see where we are in a couple more weeks. Hopefully I’ll have some male flowers. Right now I’ve got a very vigorous female who really wants to start making female flowers.

Pics.

This is the RQS Stress Killer auto that I’m trying to reverse for pollen. She’s a bit stunted, but loaded with flowers. I’ve been defoliating her so I can target the bud sites with the colloidal silver spray easier. I’m hoping I see definitive boy parts in about a week.
97458FC3-97FE-4117-BC2B-9D69EC765FE8.jpeg

This is my attempt at showing the Tangerine Dream photo at the back. She needs to be cut back eventually, but I’m going to try and wait as long as I can and then trim and cut for clones for the next run
67BA8CF1-A065-4474-98A4-7CAEEAA63264.jpeg

This shot is to give an idea of the canopy height for the other RQS Stress Killers. I’ve got three that are visible from this angle.
377810F7-E025-4821-83FC-DEBF01454266.jpeg

The small one in front is the Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake auto that is about ten days behind the other girls. She just got topped not that long ago, she should be putting on height this next week or so.
68D9D02F-C09C-4369-AF4A-54036228195B.jpeg

Shot to show the height difference between the three Stress Killers and the Strawberry Cheesecake.
64411B24-1A7E-4D02-A60C-B40E05AD28D2.jpeg

Hey there Amy!! I haven’t been around as much either, this the sporadic updates.

Half of my last harvest had to be tossed due to mold. I didn’t use my dehydrator on that crop and it didn’t dry out fast enough.

No more traditional drying methods for me again, I’m going to stick with what works for me and use the dehydrator on my harvest and trim, and then cure.

First harvest in three years I've had to deal with mold, and it was after they were jarred, not in the tent.

Lesson learned.

Added another HLG 100 V2 in 3000K to the tent, replacing the Chinese knock off. The knock off did well, but I like that I now have a matching set of lights. I’ll pass on some of my old lights to a friend. She does regular vegetables but lives up north and so starts her seedlings indoors and needs grow lights.

Big bummer on the mold in jars - that’s a wrench! Sounds like there was still some bud tho so I’m happy you had something.

:thumb: Nice upgrade on the second light - consistent spread must be good to see and I’m sure the plants are liking it.

Using the dehydrator sounds like a wise choice - i find managing humidity during dry and cure can be really tough! Oftentimes the ambient is higher than what’s in the jars so I have to remember to dehumidify before opening them.

@Amy Gardner: yeah, I would rather have them too dry and then rehydrate I’m the jars than too wet and risk mould.

I lost half the harvest, probably about 100g. It hurt a lot. Lol

The light should be good. I hadn’t thought about it until the other night when I realized that I had the money to spend on the upgrade.

hurt a lot. Lol
It truly does. End of summer I had 4 plants I’d resurrected after the fires, flowered beautifully but an out of balance outdoor season meant we were battling a bad whitefly infestation the whole back end of the summer and they leave a sticky residue on the plants ... and it moulded. Not rot or PM, but white webby mould. All over all of them, right down on the plant surface at the base of the trichomes. I just had to bag it, solarise it and bin it and walk away. After the summer we’d had it Kind of wasn’t so hard - so much devastation had happened it was like, oh - okay. That too, huh? I still lament the beautiful Sativa I had, sometimes, but there will be another and I just harvested a whole lot of lovely indoor bud so the empty jars post summer are well behind me now. In a few months you’ll feel it less, I promise :love:

I now other people in humid climates that use dehydrators the same way. Gotta do what works, right!?

Hope your weekend was good - don’t suppose your work has slowed down at all. Probably the opposite.

Stay safe out there Bear! :ciao:

The Strawberry Cheesecake Auto got tied down. All of her branches were crowding each other so I thought I would spread her out a bit. I don’t have a ton of room for her to spread, but I think a couple of weeks of some LST will do her good.
3C3C92B6-9032-4807-BAE7-95B715D3EB07.jpeg
15BA1FD0-4698-4C7D-8A61-BC8C28589C14.jpeg

It truly does. End of summer I had 4 plants I’d resurrected after the fires, flowered beautifully but an out of balance outdoor season meant we were battling a bad whitefly infestation the whole back end of the summer and they leave a sticky residue on the plants ... and it moulded. Not rot or PM, but white webby mould. All over all of them, right down on the plant surface at the base of the trichomes. I just had to bag it, solarise it and bin it and walk away. After the summer we’d had it Kind of wasn’t so hard - so much devastation had happened it was like, oh - okay. That too, huh? I still lament the beautiful Sativa I had, sometimes, but there will be another and I just harvested a whole lot of lovely indoor bud so the empty jars post summer are well behind me now. In a few months you’ll feel it less, I promise :love:

I now other people in humid climates that use dehydrators the same way. Gotta do what works, right!?

Hope your weekend was good - don’t suppose your work has slowed down at all. Probably the opposite.

Stay safe out there Bear! :ciao:
My condolences on the outdoor crop. It sucks to put so much time, energy, and hope into plants that can’t be used. Luckily I still had a bit that dried well, so it wasn’t a total loss.

it’s not exactly a humidity issue for me but more of a neglect issue. That’s been a bit of a running thread this past six months with my grows. I’m a lot more on top of this grow due to having to spray the colloidal silver, so it’s proceeding well so far. I’m just hoping that I get some pollen soon. It may not work for these girls, my timing may be off, but I may be able to freeze the pollen and use at a later date. I’ve got two more seeds of Stress Killer that I can make seeds with if all goes well.

And yes, work proceeds apace.Just more and more stress there.

Pics of the tent.

I’ve got three RQS Stress Killers putting on weight and nearing harvest. Should be ready in about two weeks. I may harvest one at a time so that I can get them trimmed and dried without them going bad on me. Don’t want a repeat of the mold on the last harvest.

Trimmed the Tangerine Dream and have the cuttings in perlite, hoping they will take off as clones to fill the tent for the next round.

I’ve given up on spraying the one Stress Killer with colloidal silver. Weeks of spraying twice a day and no sign of male flowers, just a stunted plant that really wants to make female flowers. I may try the trick of letting them keep blooming until they try to force out some male flowers. By god, I want some pollen one way or another!!! I may have to resort to finding some regular auto seeds and hoping for a male plant.

BE42AF6C-5B35-4457-9BCF-526C41F4B66D.jpeg
17B72721-97F0-46C1-A8D2-C5C9A4453406.jpeg
7144082F-1096-4220-8F99-E30D9B516618.jpeg
DF91283E-C082-4576-B3AA-164883543ADE.jpeg
2EEC016E-0E71-4DF8-A575-2D265B39AE78.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom