BigBearNTX Perpetual Auto Grow

@Troy01 ill try that tonight! I already ordered the replacement, but if I can get more use out of this one, great!

I read about recycling, but it doesn’t look practical on a personal level. I may bake it at low temp to dry out the material to see if that can extend the life, but to actually recharge, it would have to go to in a kiln, and there would be 5-15 percent burn off of material. I have a kiln, I can try it at some point, but not until I’m sure that I have a replacement in hand.

Yay! Glad you got your light kit so fast.
I paid to get it fast.....it hurt my wallet...... :(

I was worried about the current LED failing totally. On a side note, the seller said they will refund my money and I can keep the light......Now to tear that sucker apart and see f I can put another driver (better) in it. We will see if that happens.

I've also read that the particular filter you have has a reversible flange. They say if you just swap ends on the filter it will work great. Most of the suction come from the end closest to the flange and the other end remains almost unused. Worth a try instead of just tossing it.
That is a super bit of information. :thanks:

I wonder how it comes apart........

Makes sense. Anyone make their own carbon filter?

I've seen a couple tutorials on making your own air filter on YouTube. Also found that you can buy the activated charcoal on Amazon and Ebay but appeared expensive to me. I've not opened up my filter to see how much charcoal it actually needs.

I'm not convinced that Canuk Seeds is an actual breeder, or just a seed bank. I don't know if they are actually breeding new strains, or just reproducing dependable genetics from other breeders and selling it under their name. Much like Crop King Seeds. I don't think CKS breeds plants, but rather propagates genetics from breeders to make seeds for sale.

I'm not convinced that Canuk Seeds is an actual breeder, or just a seed bank. I don't know if they are actually breeding new strains, or just reproducing dependable genetics from other breeders and selling it under their name. Much like Crop King Seeds. I don't think CKS breeds plants, but rather propagates genetics from breeders to make seeds for sale.

I guess that depends on your definition of a "breeder". If you are making seeds, you are breeding. You may not be making new strains, but you are breeding.

I know this is splitting hairs, but it is a word game.

It is a game of semantics. If I buy a Mars-Hydro light, rebrand it as my own and sell it, am I an LED manufacturer?

I have no problems calling them seedbanks. If they advertised that what they were selling was “Canuk Lowryder” and then said that yhe source genetics came from Joint Doctor, but propagated by Canuck Seeds, I wouldn’t have a problem. But branding it “Lowryder by Canuk Seeds” makes it sound like they are responsible for the genetics of that strain.

Perhaps they have further developed some of these strains, enough to say that they are original to them, but I just don’t imagine that’s happening at some of these seed houses.

That said, I am taking advantage of their product. If I were a true purist about these things I would buy from the original creators, where possible.

It is a game of semantics. If I buy a Mars-Hydro light, rebrand it as my own and sell it, am I an LED manufacturer?
No, you are rebranding, but if you build an LED just like the Mars-hydro light, with the same components from the same sources, are you an LED manufacturer?

They are just copying what some breeder did before.

I have no problems calling them seedbanks. If they advertised that what they were selling was “Canuk Lowryder” and then said that yhe source genetics came from Joint Doctor, but propagated by Canuck Seeds, I wouldn’t have a problem. But branding it “Lowryder by Canuk Seeds” makes it sound like they are responsible for the genetics of that strain.

Perhaps they have further developed some of these strains, enough to say that they are original to them, but I just don’t imagine that’s happening at some of these seed houses.

I do agree, but there are many that do the same thing. I've seen NL branded a bunch of different times, with different names attached.

That said, I am taking advantage of their product. If I were a true purist about these things I would buy from the original creators, where possible.

It will start, in time. The law will eventually catch up with seed breeds and intellectual property. There is a lag time because up to this point, the law could not have cared less.

They are just copying what some breeder did before.

I don’t think they got a Williams Wonder, a Northern Lights #2, and a Mexican ruderalis to recreate Lowryder. But, you know, maybe they did. Lol

It will start, in time. The law will eventually catch up with seed breeds and intellectual property. There is a lag time because up to this point, the law could not have cared less.

Very true. Burpee has a patent on their seeds. I can’t make seeds of “Early Girl” and then sell it under my own brand as “BigBearNTexas’s Early Girl”. I would get sued.

Now, I don’t want it to go the Monsanto route where you aren’t allowed to save genetic material for future grows by making seeds. But I do think the original breeders should be able to reap the benefit of their work.

Back
Top Bottom