BigBearNTX Perpetual Auto Grow

BigBearNTexas

Going to try to see if I can actually post one of these. Tried in the past through the app but wasn’t able to.

What strain is it? Fast Buds Pineapple Express Auto
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Sativa dominent hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower
If in Flower stage... For how long? About two weeks in flower
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro/Hempy
If soil... what is in your mix? 50/50 perlite/coco
If soil... What size pot? 3 gallon bucket
Size of light? Multiple: 75w UFO LED, 4 40w LED grow bulbs, 4 100w full spectrum white. Actual wattage is probably 100w-ish.
Tent size: too small - 2’x2’x4’
Temp of Tent? Between 70-77F
RH of Room/cab? 30%
How often are you watering? When needed - about every 3 days.
Type and strength of ferts used? I have some Osmo+ pellets mixed in but supplementing with Tappin Roots Essential Grow and Tappin Roots Solid Bloom 10ml/5ml per gallon.

I started growing in August and had a fairly rough start. I had attempted to start one plant every month so I could have a continuous harvest. Unfortunately my soil had fungus gnats. I spent three months fighting gnats and it severely stunted and effected my first grows.

For this grow I’ve decided to do hempy buckets and so far so good. The gnats vanished immediately once I got rid of the soil. I tried to do Osmocote+ only, but it wasn’t enough and so I’m supplementing. I’m using Tappin’ Roots brand nutrients because I found them on clearance at Home Depot in Denver and I’m a sucker for a deal. Lol

This is my Pineapple Express auto at two weeks, in her starter hempy homestead, a repurposed sharps container:

A picture of her root development at 3 weeks when I transplanted her into her 3 gallon bucket:

Here she is at 4 weeks as I’m starting her LST:

Here she is tonight at six and a half weeks and about two weeks into bloom:

It’s been a very interesting journey so far. This grow is looking like it may be a success. I’m very hopeful!

Those pistils look mean! For future reference, Neem oil, Diatomaceous Earth, SNS209 and some Lady Bugs will take care of any problem you have pre-flower. I keep thinking about moving away from soil. I am a persistent bastard though. I'm subbed-up BigBear. Good luck with flowering!

Those pistils look mean! For future reference, Neem oil, Diatomaceous Earth, SNS209 and some Lady Bugs will take care of any problem you have pre-flower. I keep thinking about moving away from soil. I am a persistent bastard though. I'm subbed-up BigBear. Good luck with flowering!

Thanks bud! I used neem oil, DE, hydrogen peroxide, soap, mosquito dunks, and sticky traps. It was a hell of an infestation. *sigh*

Yo BigBear! I'm just checkin' for some updates! How are those little Sweets doing in there?

I got my chair.....now where is that popcorn

:popcorn:

I’m considering playing with my light height. I don’t have a lot of room in the tent, I lose almost a foot from the top hanging the lights, and then I lose almost a foot up from the bottom with the bucket height.

I’m guesstimating that my lights are about 24 inches from my canopy, but I’m thinking of getting in there and measuring. I’m thinking of decreasing the distance from canopy to lights to increase the light intensity. But I also don’t want to fuck up what is currently working.

Any thoughts?

Garden update:
Pineapple Express - no new photos, looks just like it did on Sunday. Gonna feed in the morning. She’s drinking her reservoir dry ever 3 days or so.

Amnesia auto by Canuck Seeds - up-potted a girl that is about 3.5 weeks old. She’s in her final bucket, and will be next in rotation after the PE.

Northern Lights Auto (CKS) - you know how all is newbies are always asking if you can keep an Auto growing after harvest? Well, I did it. I had a NL that I harvested in stages around Christmas. Be the time the branch I was waiting on was ready to harvest there were a bunch of new growth sites and so I decided to just let it go. It’s not a pretty sight. Lol. It kinda worked, in that everything is covered in trichs, but it’s small and scraggly. It will work for me this time to use to infuse some oil, but not worth the space in the tent to try again. On the other hand, it doesn’t really look like a cannabis plant to the casual observer, so I may just set my harvested plants outside to see if I can get a bit extra out of them. Since they are so ugly and don’t have fan leaves, they are perfect for stealth. Lol

Here is the scraggly NL:

All quiet otherwise.

Some tip browning, so just plain water today. I’ll reassess at next watering on Saturday or Sunday.

I’ve been doing about 10ml veg with 5ml bloom. Since she seems to have stopped adding new leaves, will flip that next feeding to 10ml bloom and 5ml veg.

Bloom growth is still growth, so I think some N is still needed, but she’s making Buds right now, I’m going to dial down the nitrogen.

Man...that is one ugly plant. Looks are not everything as I've said many times. Sometimes it's what on the inside that counts. ;)

Here popcorn and a bowl Bonsai! I like that little auto! She might knock your socks off with her little self. As far as those burnt tips, I'd flush and feed. The soil might be hot now. How many watering have you done? I did the same thing to my auto, but pretty much on purpose. If it's just a little burn I wouldn't worry too much unless it spreads by Saturday when you want to water next.

Here popcorn and a bowl Bonsai! I like that little auto! She might knock your socks off with her little self. As far as those burnt tips, I'd flush and feed. The soil might be hot now. How many watering have you done? I did the same thing to my auto, but pretty much on purpose. If it's just a little burn I wouldn't worry too much unless it spreads by Saturday when you want to water next.

I'll take that: :popcorn:

You never can tell. Never under-estimate anything. :D

How many watering have you done? I did the same thing to my auto, but pretty much on purpose. If it's just a little burn I wouldn't worry too much unless it spreads by Saturday when you want to water next.

Uh, dunno in the feedings, been feeding every water during active growth with no problems. But I think it is time to back off. It’s in perlite/coco, so flushing will be easy, I’ll do that this weekend. I’ll add some calcium and Epsom salt as well. Can’t hurt.

I make my own calcium supplement with ground eggshell dissolved in vinegar. Doesn’t effect the ph much, since I only use about a teaspoon per gal. I haven’t used the calcium or Epsom salt this grow because the nutes I am using have cal and mag.

And I’m hoping the scraggly bits of the Northern Lights will give me some nice oil for cookies. I was also thinking of using QWET to make tincture instead of oil.

Troy:
Exactly! I’m kind of in love with concentrates. I can use them directly, or use them to infuse edibles. I’m not a big fan of smoking bud, it still makes me cough something awful, which is weird since I’m a cig smoker. I’ve got some infused vape juice that I use if I need some quick meds, but I tend to prefer the oral route. Plus, oral is more efficient, I just have to wait an hour or two for it to kick in. Lol

Troy:
Exactly! I’m kind of in love with concentrates. I can use them directly, or use them to infuse edibles. I’m not a big fan of smoking bud, it still makes me cough something awful, which is weird since I’m a cig smoker. I’ve got some infused vape juice that I use if I need some quick meds, but I tend to prefer the oral route. Plus, oral is more efficient, I just have to wait an hour or two for it to kick in. Lol

I am much the same. 99% of my crop ends up as either tinctures or edible. My favorite is to make a PGA (Pure Grain Alcohol) tincture then evaporate it down to about 20 mg / ml. In the state I live the highest alcohol I can get is 151%. I have been buying from Extractahol who is a sponsor on this site. The JuJu we make is great but can burn like crazy if you ingest sub-lingual.

Back
Top Bottom