BigBearNTX Perpetual Auto Grow

No pics tonight, but the girls are looking awesome. Aw, heck, let’s do some pics:

Pineapple Express: looks like crap, don’t care. She gets the chop on Saturday.

Amnesia: holy cow, she’s taken off like crazy this week. Once the PE is out, I’m going to spread out her branch’s better.

Northern Lights: she’s getting transplanted into her bucket this weekend. And then LST

I’m hoping for about 20-30% amber.

Btw, needing a new filter at the same time as a plant is ripening is not a great combo. She’s stinky! I’ve grown used to it, but it’s seeping into the hallway. Tomorrow is payday, so I’m ordering a replacement filter. That should help with the drying and the next plants as they cycle through.

Btw, needing a new filter at the same time as a plant is ripening is not a great combo. She’s stinky! I’ve grown used to it, but it’s seeping into the hallway. Tomorrow is payday, so I’m ordering a replacement filter. That should help with the drying and the next plants as they cycle through.
Yeah.....that isn't a fun thing. Did you ever say which filter you used?? Just wondering if I should have an extra on hand. I would seal it up to make sure it doesn't go south just sitting.

I've heard that a couple growers rap the old filter with a heavy wrench to break up the charcoal. They say that with high moisture sometimes the charcoal sticks together and make it ineffective. After breaking it up they say the get good results again. Never tried it yet myself but may help in a pinch until your new one arrives.

Yeeeeeaahhhh! Get that couchlock so strong can't even lift your arm for some of this popcorn. :popcorn::rofl:

I've heard that a couple growers rap the old filter with a heavy wrench to break up the charcoal. They say that with high moisture sometimes the charcoal sticks together and make it ineffective. After breaking it up they say the get good results again. Never tried it yet myself but may help in a pinch until your new one arrives.
Makes sense. Anyone make their own carbon filter?

Yeah.....that isn't a fun thing. Did you ever say which filter you used?? Just wondering if I should have an extra on hand. I would seal it up to make sure it doesn't go south just sitting.

It’s nothing special, just a cheap 4” filter from Amazon. But it was much heftier than I thought it would be. I’ve been very happy with it.

Can’t hurt to try that. I’ve also tried to research hearing the carbon to purge it and recharge it. I haven’t found the right resource yet for that. I figure I would be have to be careful heating carbon to keep it from burning up. I’ll look up the combustion point, if I keep below that, it should work.

Yeeeeeaahhhh! Get that couchlock so strong can't even lift your arm for some of this popcorn. :popcorn::rofl:

Mine are sleepy-time meds, is couch lock means bed-lock. And it disconnects the connection between the pain in my leg and my brain. It’s a good thing. :)

Makes sense. Anyone make their own carbon filter?

I looked into that. I’ve seen some tutorials, but I don’t think I can do it any cheaper than just buying a new one. If I were buying the top shelf filter or multiple filters, it might make sense.

It’s nothing special, just a cheap 4” filter from Amazon. But it was much heftier than I thought it would be. I’ve been very happy with it.

Can’t hurt to try that. I’ve also tried to research hearing the carbon to purge it and recharge it. I haven’t found the right resource yet for that. I figure I would be have to be careful heating carbon to keep it from burning up. I’ll look up the combustion point, if I keep below that, it should work.

Yeah, that is the one I have. I may order one in a few months after the cobb light sticker shock wears off Mrs. Bonsaiweed.

Thanks for the information.....

Just got a new cob light, that I must put together.....:yahoo:

I've also read that the particular filter you have has a reversible flange. They say if you just swap ends on the filter it will work great. Most of the suction come from the end closest to the flange and the other end remains almost unused. Worth a try instead of just tossing it.

Back
Top Bottom